Lliga | Round 23: Levante - FC Barcelona 0-2

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We have yet to play the pretty red hot Villarreal away and Real Sociedad at Anoeta among other things, the one place we constantly struggled. So anything is possible, there is no place for complacency and "we have won the league already" BS.

One game at a time, especially away games.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
zzzzzzz Barca players slept walked through it on auto pilot… 3 points.. nothing to see here… NEXT

Androutsos

These 'subpar' games against lower opponents seem to be happening too often to just be poor performances. This team can afford to drop to walking pace and win these games, saving energy. Can't go all out every game considering the amount of games we are playing.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I didn't watch the game last night as it collided with the Chinese New Year Gala and all the other stuff going on, I just finished watching it. Oh man, we really missed Busquets; oh man, Dani deteriorated so much defensively that we really need to start grooming Vidal to be (1) first and foremost defensively sound and (2) get him on the same wave length as Messi, just like Dani is; and oh man, Masch too deteriorated so much. We really need to start planning our squad without Dani and Masch as they increasingly will become a liability and might be offloaded (sorry, I mean no disrespect).

And we still don't know how to respond when we are pressed. That is worrying. Teams will just copy this tactic.

On the positive side, Pique did really well.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Actually I think Dani just doesn't give a fuck in these lower pressure games. He can clearly still turn it on when we need him against a formidable opponent.

Alik

I didn't watch the game last night as it collided with the Chinese New Year Gala and all the other stuff going on, I just finished watching it. Oh man, we really missed Busquets; oh man, Dani deteriorated so much defensively that we really need to start grooming Vidal to be (1) first and foremost defensively sound and (2) get him on the same wave length as Messi, just like Dani is; and oh man, Masch too deteriorated so much. We really need to start planning our squad without Dani and Masch as they increasingly will become a liability and might be offloaded (sorry, I mean no disrespect).

And we still don't know how to respond when we are pressed. That is worrying. Teams will just copy this tactic.

On the positive side, Pique did really well.

Geez, Luft.

So, Dani deteriorated so much from the start of the season? Mascherano deteriorated? He was one of the best players. In that case Pique deteriorated even more! MSN is also deteriorating! I think Lucho is deteriorating!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
zzzzzzz Barca players slept walked through it on auto pilot… 3 points.. nothing to see here… NEXT

Fatigue & the wind were cited quite a bit which were clearly factors but you could also plaingly see there was less urgency at various times and even in the attacking third. Clearly no Busquets makes it harder to move the ball linto the attacking third (Which they struggled to do at various portions of the match) as well as thwart Levante gaining a foothold in our defensive final third. Unfortunately though, Lucho has no true options to rotate with Busquets which highlights the lack of holding midfielder depth. Samper should be training with the 1st team, IMO.

raskolnikov

Pretty bad game but still happy we won in second gear. Our schedule leading up until april (will be very brutal and deciding like last year, look it up) is do-able with a few potential banana peels here and there.
We need to keep a 6/7 point lead on Atetic/Real come april, so the game against Gijon (a) is a must win.
We further face Celta(h), las palmas (a), Sevilla (h), Rayo (a), eibar (a), Getafe (h), villarreal (a) with the Arsenal c games in between.

A lot of banana peels but same goes for Atletico and Real. If we can win 6/8 we will have 72+ points after 30 games and on track for a 90+ season. Last year we had 74 after 30 so I hope we reach that again.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Geez, Luft.

So, Dani deteriorated so much from the start of the season? Mascherano deteriorated? He was one of the best players. In that case Pique deteriorated even more! MSN is also deteriorating! I think Lucho is deteriorating!

Easy, Alik.

Age will not fool you, you can't do anything about it. There is no denying that Dani and Masch are slowly going downhill, which is completely different from Pique being on and off form.

Home of Barca Fans