Lliga | Round 18: RCD Espanyol - FC Barcelona 0-0

Chong Li

But if we didn't choke in the dying minutes of our games against Valencia and Deportivo it would've been 10+ and league pretty much won. We have given away the great lead we had, the momentum after the Clasico. All down the toilet. We have made RM believe again with all our bad games recently. That's what's inexcusable.

Liga, Tebas and referees would never allow that to happen (us going up 10+ points before end of the first round). They want to keep the race close (or RM in the lead) for as long as possible

mazp

Liga, Tebas and referees would never allow that to happen (us going up 10+ points before end of the first round). They want to keep the race close (or RM in the lead) for as long as possible

They had nothing to do with us bottling points against Valencia and Deportivo..

beogatts

What are people moaning about? Sure we didn't play well, but with this kind of refereeing it's almost impossible to win.

The madridista cunt Gonzalez Gonzalez should have sent off 2 Asspanyol players (Alvaro and Diop) before halftime, allowed them to kick us constantly without cards, invented a non-existant offside here and there and gave a grand total of 2 minutes added time.

Would have been a miracle if we won, tbh.

I just wish someone from the club would complain about that Madrid-loving asshole. He shouldn't be allowed to officiate our games anymore, but right now he's probably the big favorite to ref the next clasico. Tebas must have loved his performance.

the refs got their new yer bonus..

NotInHere

yeah I don't get how people always get on the refs case after things not going our way, ref had nothing to do with us letting valencia tie us in the dying minutes and neither was it the refs fault for us not winning this.

Cmon people

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ref has nothing to do with us losing points nonsense...

You expect us to win every match in the season?

barcafan161

Sadly at the moment it feels like we are dropping points every other week and doesn't give much confidence going forward

Chong Li

They would just find other ways to rob us.

I have been a Barca fan for more than 30 years and we have NEVER gotten fair treatment by the referees (especially in comparison to RM).

That's why we should be even more proud of our success in the last decade. Dominating for such a long period in this super-biased pro-Madrid league is an incredible feat.

raskolnikov

Sadly at the moment it feels like we are dropping points every other week and doesn't give much confidence going forward

The team deifnitely needs to step up.
Our next 6 la liga games are:
1: granada (h)
2: Bilbao (h)
3: Malaga (a)
4: Atletico (h)
5: Levante (a)
6: Celta (h)

Bar the Granada match all the matches are tricky where we could drop points.

Meanwhile Real face Valencia this round, then the next 6 after that:
1: Depor(h)
2: Gijon (h)
3: Betis (a)
4: espanyol(h)
5: granada (a)
6: Bilbao (h)

Way easier schedule than us, dont be surprised if we are trailing Real in february. Not even mentioning Atletico right now.

mazp

I wish we stumbled in Copa and made up in La Liga, not the other way around.

I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer to focus and win the CL then either the Copa or League.. Its the only thing Messi's Barca has left to acheive, back to back CL wins.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
People talking about a miracle for us winning this with the referees. The fact is we didn't play that well. Mascherano could have easily gotten a second yellow card for a handball, if the referee really wanted us to lose so badly he would have been off then and there. There's been numerous times this season where decisions went our way. Neymars goal vs Real Madrid, Suarez goal vs Valencia, Messi penalty vs Betis etc We've dropped 6 points in the last 4 games, because we didn't play to our usual standards in those games, it's as simple as that. Hopefully with Turan and Vidal in the team now we will have a bit more squad depth and start to really rack up the points and go on a run of successive wins.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer to focus and win the CL then either the Copa or League.. Its the only thing Messi's Barca has left to acheive, back to back CL wins.

Focusing on one competition is a myth. Remember countless examples where we or others rested entire first 11 in league matches coming before CL ties.
Just ask Arsenal or Bayern.

Besides, you need a lot of luck to win CL. It has nothing to do with focusing.

mazp

Focusing on one competition is a myth. Remember countless examples where we or others rested entire first 11 in league matches coming before CL ties.
Just ask Arsenal or Bayern.

Besides, you need a lot of luck to win CL. It has nothing to do with focusing.

I meant more rotations and giving MSN more rest, we played a lot of games this season, we don't have depth, especially for MSN to rest. We just don't have the depth for the league.

Home of Barca Fans