Lliga | Round 13: Atletico Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-1

henias

I do understand you but dembele has to be more consistent to deserve a starting place. I'm all for playing attacking football and playing 3 up front but the third player has to be a consistently quality player. I can understand valverde playing rafinha ahead of dembele coz of how deep atletico were defending and I think he is better in tight situations. Look it's alot easier when you have iniesta on the left alves on the right and xavi in the centre

You think Valverde will sub Dembele or Malcom had Atletico not score that goal? Literally it's the same that happened in Roma, this guy only dares to make a sub only if he is losing because he is too scared to even make a change. Roberto would have stayed on the field had he not been injured. Even of he doesnt start he needs to be an early impact sub. Never seen such from EV since day one.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Believe me I want attacking football but dembele has not shown enough to deserve a definite goal goal start. At the moment he's probably a better super sub. We were attacking all game so I don't think we were defensive tonight. Just don't have the players to break down defensive units at the moment

We did. Though mostly that can't be called as "did", more as "tried". With Messi playing deep it were literally only Alba and Suarez making runs. We desperately lacked pace in Dembele and Malcom. We did not really play attacking football. Extremely negative defensive possession football is what that was.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Those of us that rate him will agree , the rest like me could see he hit it straight at the keeper and got a deflection for it to go in.

What the hell are you talking about? It went between the keeper's legs and in, the Atletico defender was unable to save the goal.

Sorin

Only proves him right, we need to play even more conservative football, no? :coffee:

Also bang on with sub, he saved us a point!

More conservative than having 4 CM on the pitch from the start? Wouldn't put it past this moron. If Messi and Suarez wouldn't have this much clout he'd start another CM and another CB and we'd play 5-5-0.

eaman

We did. Though mostly that can't be called as "did", more as "tried". With Messi playing deep it were literally only Alba and Suarez making runs. We desperately lacked pace in Dembele and Malcom. We did not really play attacking football. Extremely negative defensive possession football is what that was.

But do you not think that he wants semedo to make runs? This game showed why he prefers Roberto at right back

Kul_z

I see dembele train is on track yet again. But valverde is the key man why we didnt go for the win actually. Dembele scored the goal, but the amount of pressure malcom did was outrageous. Messi and suarez alone in attack simply doesnt work. They are 'too mature' and slow to go 'one man army' mode in attack. Dembele and malcom is the battle, but one of them should start every game, to relieve the pressure from messi and suarez, and to get some god damn pace upfront. Seriously, we have the strongest squad in the world, by a margin! And valverde is the main reason why we are not performing like that.

Kul_z

Valverde is such a cunt

He dont have authority, he is not playing attacking football, you can actually see when the match is on that only thing he does is to put the players where they should play and thats it. There are no instructions how some players should play, no improvements, literally you can see that players play by instinct not by command. And what is worst, he cant even choose the right line up. Forget de jongs, neyneys, rabiots mbappes and others, our biggest transfer should be to get someone with balls or with authority, real expert manager.

Fibonacci

Could have won this game easily. ATM has no fucking threat up front beside Greizman, they have no Godin or gimenez in defence and what do we do? we fucking park the bus. Are we turning into a better Bilbao side or what?
Valverde needs to be sacked for this game. He is not good enough for barca and every one can see it.

We park the bus? Seriously...?

eaman

He dont have authority, he is not playing attacking football, you can actually see when the match is on that only thing he does is to put the players where they should play and thats it. There are no instructions how some players should play, no improvements, literally you can see that players play by instinct not by command. And what is worst, he cant even choose the right line up. Forget de jongs, neyneys, rabiots mbappes and others, our biggest transfer should be to get someone with balls or with authority, real expert manager.

Are you sure there are no instructions? Sometimes it is just the players. We were brilliant at spurs and inter so he must be doing something right. I'm sure he wants semedo to do alot more attacking wise otherwise he wouldn't stick with Roberto at right back

Kul_z

Are you sure there are no instructions? Sometimes it is just the players. We were brilliant at spurs and inter so he must be doing something right. I'm sure he wants semedo to do alot more attacking wise otherwise he wouldn't stick with Roberto at right back

Actually, if you watch those game again, you could see that spurs played with half squad injured and inter at nou camp were out of place, shitting themself, they were nowhere near our players in terms of pressure. So yes, im 100% sure thats like that. I didnt see anything that should actually look like 'play from training'. if semedo gets more chances, maybe he could start doing his thing, relax a bit and not thinking about fucking it up in the back. Prove me wrong, get me a clip of 'valverde' improvement and game tactics that were signature valverde, i dare you.

eaman

Actually, if you watch those game again, you could see that spurs played with half squad injured and inter at nou camp were out of place, shitting themself, they were nowhere near our players in terms of pressure. So yes, im 100% sure thats like that. I didnt see anything that should actually look like 'play from training'. if semedo gets more chances, maybe he could start doing his thing, relax a bit and not thinking about fucking it up in the back. Prove me wrong, get me a clip of 'valverde' improvement and game tactics that were signature valverde, i dare you.

What do you mean by improvement tactic? Yes I'm sure guardiola would improve this team but it would be hard to find another who would. Not even Klopp who likes a totally different style to our one. Look he sees semedo everyday in training and maybe he sees that he's nowhere near Roberto armttacking wise. Semedo came from Portugal which is not far off the Scottish league at the moment

Kul_z

What do you mean by improvement tactic? Yes I'm sure guardiola would improve this team but it would be hard to find another who would. Not even Klopp who likes a totally different style to our one. Look he sees semedo everyday in training and maybe he sees that he's nowhere near Roberto armttacking wise. Semedo came from Portugal which is not far off the Scottish league at the moment

Ok, i see your point. But training is one thing, game is other. I think everbody knows that. I think yaya toure in one interview said that about messi and aguero, long story short he said they suck most of the time at training because they are 'sparing' themselves for the match. I think its not about guardiola and klopp, its more about putting the right players so that every player makes other one better on the pitch. Someone like zidane would suit us perfectly right now, he wasnt a mastermind of tactics or beautiful play, but he knew which player on that position gets best out of the others, and vice versa. Its stupid, but its that obvious in this case with these players.

Home of Barca Fans