Lliga | Round 11: Levante UD - FC Barcelona 3-1

serghei

Funny how all of that "coincides" with EV being our manager.

Pure coincidence. :lol:

Our worst transfers in history and our worst bottle jobs in history in CL all happened, by accident, under Ernesto fucking Valverde.

Last edited:

The Observer

Scapegoating Busquets, Rakitic, Suarez. Conceded 3 goals without them. Same will happen after Valverde.

Good times are over. Deal with it.

Arthur-De Jong getting dominated by Slavia Prague and Levante. Talk about hype.

ronniecro

half of the teams in croatian domestic league play better than us at the moment,this today was a torture to watch.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Funny how all of that "coincides" with EV being our manager.

Coutinho definitely could have done better with different manager, Dembele is plagued with injuries, so he wouldn't have developed even under better manager, but what would change for Griezmann if we, let's say get Koeman? He is not a pure striker, so he still need to have a striker next to him, if he plays with a striker, then we'll have the same situation next season again, he'll be stuck on that left wing without having skills to be a winger.

Altomonte

teams study the Liverpool second half and know that Barça will fold if you run at them and play with high intensity.
We used to improve in second half, now we fall asleep instead and consistently run about 10% less than our opponents.

Givenchy

correct me if im wrong but im sure i heard the commentator on my stream say Levante were bringing on another attacker after they went 2-1 up.. this speaks volumes. nobody is scared of this Barca anymore. respect? sure but we are Barca in name only

gregorrin10

Didn't watch the game (thank god) but I hear Suarez has been subbed. Hopefully he's out for 6 months, at least then he won't play.

gregorrin10

Coutinho definitely could have done better with different manager, Dembele is plagued with injuries, so he wouldn't have developed even under better manager, but what would change for Griezmann if we, let's say get Koeman? He is not a pure striker, so he still need to have a striker next to him, if he plays with a striker, then we'll have the same situation next season again, he'll be stuck on that left wing without having skills to be a winger.

We never should've gotten Griezmann. He was unwanted by the players (not that that should matter) from the start, but even more importantly, like you said, it should matter if he doesn't fit into the tactics, in fact that's all that should matter). And Griezmann, even though we know he's world class and we've seen it, that still doesn't make him nor a 9, and definitely not a winger. He's basically a more attacking Coutinho, but even a worse fit because he's left footed, and since LW is the only attacking position in the starting lineup up for grabs right now, and with Messi and Dembele already being left footed too, you know you should be looking for a right footed LW, who is maybe able to play striker too, when Messi moves back to midfield and we basically play 4-4-2.

And we all knew Suarez wouldn't be benched as long as he's here, considering he's Messi's best pal and 2nd highest paid player. We should've just stuck with Suarez (which we're doing now anyway) and wait and try and go for Mbappe or some new wonder kid next summer while this season just use what we got, play Dembele regularly, while promoting Fati full time and calling up Abel Ruiz for those few games Suarez actually doesn't play, since you can basically count those on one hand, there was no point in getting an outsider until we're truly ready to not only bench, but ship Suarez off altogether. Maybe we can try and swap one of Suarez or Griezmann and some money for Mbappe next summer anyway. :lol:

As for Dembele, I agree his work ethic and taking care of himself could use some work, but it all, even the attitude, comes down to being in touch with the players and even more especially the training regime. The team is running 10% less/per game than our opponents, and it all stems from not giving a fuck about physical preparation. Not to mention Valverde having no relationship with the players outside of the mandatory. When you see Klopp smiling and hugging every one of his players, greeting them when they returning to preseason training. Or Pep and his mandatory team dinners and really being attentive to his players, often having one on one meeting with them to solidify that they're happy to be at the club and with the role on squad. And still teaching his players new things every day in training instead of just doing same old same old exercises, basically telling them ''go out there and do what you want, cause I don't have anything to teach you anyway.'' So don't tell me that under Klopp or even more so Pep, Dembele would be as fragile and injury prone as he is right now. You forget, he wasn't injury prone at Rennes or Dortmund, yet you're treating him like he's Vermaelen, who has been injured longer than fit at pretty much every club he's played at. It all comes down to being devoted to the team and to the club 100%, not just physically, but mentally as well. It all contributes to players staying fit and focused, actually WANTING to stay fit and ready so that they can go out there on the pitch and enjoy themselves. While in the state that we are right now, I wouldn't be surprised if players actually get relieved when they get injured so they don't have to go with the team (especially on away trips) and get destroyed by the media after performances like today.

Under Pep, Dembele would've been exactly what Sterling is these days: a world class winger with lungs to track back all the time and fight for every damn ball.

Last edited:
Valverde has to go.

Where would I go? Nobody wants me, no other club would pay me large money to destroy them... I searched "masochistic clubs" on Google but only Barca popps out every time... why is everybody against me? Wining is overrated, people, we should give trophyz to the losers, too-like in Swedish schools! :hooray:

Jcar

Where would I go? Nobody wants me, no other club would pay me large money to destroy them... I searched "masochistic clubs" on Google but only Barca popps out every time... why is everybody against me? Wining is overrated, people, we should give trophyz to the losers, too-like in Swedish schools! :hooray:

Hummm, Manchester United wants you! You are just the right fit for the job!

CatalinR10

Even Asspanyol , the team placed on 19th position , with only 2 wins so far , managed to win at Levante's home but we got humiliated there.

disgusting.

devo901

In all due respect, but when Barca wins 4:0 and Griezman is doing wonderful assists no one complains... but when Levante scores 3 times 2 of them a bit lucky, Griezman is the reason and the worst deal eva.... cmon!

levantes first goal was due to pique is close to the corner flag clearing the ball - which comes back immediatly and he is missing in the middle.... well sometimes you get goals like this...somehwhat bad luck

levantes second goal: pique is too far away from striker and so he is able to shoot from 18 meters and manages it to get it past terstegen as pique is arriving too late. :facepalm:

levantes third goal: lucky shot from 15 meters deflected.. bad luck again ..

despite this accumulation of errors and bad luck situations - our offense was weak, Messi attempts running through the middle losing the ball, Ansur Fati too young, Perez invisible, Suarez searching for his mojo, only FDJ was good/active.

on top of all this - real draws at home vs. betis. :rockon: we are still at the top...

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Sums up our season. Clueless manager who has his favourites week in and out.

Home of Barca Fans