Lliga | Round 1: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 1-0

xXKonan

I get Arthur and Vidal haven't had much preseason but why is Coutinho there?

Hell Arthur came back before both Coutinho and Vidal to train yet somehow he gets discarded for fucking Coutinho? Should have just had Rafinha/Perez be Dembele's sub or some shit, not Coutinho. Yeah if he still is here by the time the window is closing the dude will make every list and even play due to his price tag.

man fuck this garbage.

serghei

It is a matter of time until Valverde is going to fuck up this team. It has started already. Let's hope Atletico still lose many points vs the smaller teams due to their defensive style, and that Madrid are still a mess.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It is a matter of time until Valverde is going to fuck up this team. It has started already.

In La Liga, Messi and Griezmann + Suarez here and there will save his job until the inevitable fuck up in the CL.

serghei

In La Liga, Messi and Griezmann + Suarez here and there will save his job until the inevitable fuck up in the CL.

Don't know about that. Could be, but if Atletico and Madrid are better, the last season point tally could equate to a 2nd place. Normally half the managers in La Liga could win the title with this squad.

DonAK

Don't know about that. Could be, but if Atletico and Madrid are better, the last season point tally could equate to a 2nd place. Normally half the managers in La Liga would win the title with this squad.

I think Atletico will get better, but I can see the Zidane project flopping big time in Madrid.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Don't know about that. Could be, but if Atletico and Madrid are better, the last season point tally could equate to a 2nd place. Normally half the managers in La Liga would win the title with this squad.

Our squad is much stronger as well thanks to Griezmann and De Jong. I think we will walk the league. Atletico and Madrid are both in the stage of rebuilding, and I'm not impressed by Zidane and Madrid's signings bar Hazard at all.

DonAK

Well, if Atletico get better it could get close this season.

I think whatever happens this season, this is Valverde's last season at Barca. So it's not like it will matter too much to him if we don't win the league. It's the club and we as fans who will be left with the mess he's created if that's the outcome in May next year.

He's never getting a big job ever again even if he wins the treble. No top/elite team will touch him.

Tackle

Man I hate this manager. No doubt one of the worst managers I've seen at the club since I've started supporting them. No charisma, no tactical nous, no leadership, no long term vision, no balls.

Not possible for a Barca manager in the current year to have a long-term plan without getting sacked halfway through the season.

The club was already at rock bottom when Pep came in. He also had the luxuxy of having all-time talents like Xavi, Iniesta, Alves and Messi entering their primes. Klopp didn't win a single trophy in his first five seasons. Talk all you want about vision and long-term building, but most plastic Cruyffista Barca fans would turn on any manager after one unsuccessful season, forget five.

Be honest for a minute now mate.

A Klopp or Pep are unattainable for this club at the moment.

Do you truly believe a Setién, Koeman, Martinez or Unzue would build something for the future?

Last edited:

serghei

Our squad is much stronger as well thanks to Griezmann and De Jong. I think we will walk the league. Atletico and Madrid are both in the stage of rebuilding, and I'm not impressed by Zidane and Madrid's signings bar Hazard at all.

Let's hope so, I am not of the opinion that being crap is good as long as we get rid of Valverde. The clown will go anyway, and it would be nice to survive the Valverde era with 3 La Ligas. Nobody will remember the crap football we played and the idiotic decisions after some years, but the titles will remain.

La Liga title is good this season. I already discarded the CL title as not possible with the current average manager. He'll get schooled again by a top manager in Europe.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Well, if Atletico get better it could get close this season.

I don't expect them to win it. They have just sold their backbone in Godin, Filipe, Hernandez, Rodri and Griezmann. Their new signings looked great during preseason, but preseason is preseason. Plus Simeone has his limitations. In the beginning of every season, he is trying to play in a more attacking way and inevitably reverts to 4-4-2 with 4 CMs by November. Perhaps Felix is finally that player who will make it work. Could be. But still, expect them to have a better claim at CL than at La Liga.

I think whatever happens this season, this is Valverde's last season at Barca. So it's not like it will matter too much to him if we don't win the league. It's the club and we as fans who will be left with the mess he's created if that's the outcome in May next year.

He's never getting a big job ever again even if he wins the treble. No top/elite team will touch him.

Never underestimate the man's luck. There is an option of extension in his contract for another season.

Last edited:

xXKonan

The first game of the season and we haven't even played yet and I'm already livid.

Can't wait to hear the rumors that Suarez and Messi insist Coutinho has to play even if he isn't good enough.

abbbs97

I've already seen people, not on here but on r/barca where EV is so protected, making excuses as to why he didnt include Arthur and Vidal. They said that they have no match fitness. The idiots cant apply the same thing to one of the worst players in the Barca squad right now, Coutinho. Its crazy how truly stupid they are over there. No surprise when most of them genuinely think that Rakitic was our best midfielder last season.

PhilS

I do expect the team to be better this season, with the additions of Greizmann and De Jong. The supersub forward, whichever one does not start, will win us some games. The huge competition in midfield should produce excellent play from whomever wins out, though it might take months for the midfield rotation to sort out. I hope the two new fullbacks don't need to play much the first couple of months, they are not trustworthy yet.

xXKonan

I've already seen people, not on here but on r/barca where EV is so protected, making excuses as to why he didnt include Arthur and Vidal. They said that they have no match fitness. The idiots cant apply the same thing to one of the worst players in the Barca squad right now, Coutinho. Its crazy how truly stupid they are over there. No surprise when most of them genuinely think that Rakitic was our best midfielder last season.
Very rarely EV has a plan. This is the same guy who wheeled out Dembele when he clearly was struggling with a Hamstring sprain in order to help beat Lyon at home. And When asked about Suarez's knee issue, he still preferred to play him because he wants to win the league.

His only plan is playing the same favorites of his over an over again so he can somehow shit out a league title so he can stay and rinse and repeat. He knows this won't get any better than this in terms of managing with the wages he's on so he's making use of what he can to stay.

Home of Barca Fans