Lliga: Getafe CF - FC Barcelona 0-0

raskolnikov

Last season we lost the league because of this mentality. It's still early to throw the towel. But Lucho has no system in place, we're not winning games thanks to him improving the team.

I still want my money back from the champion match vs Atletico, shit mentality then has been replaced by clueless tactics and struggling frustrating players.
Indeed like the Gaspart years.

mssarm

Everyone was so pissed about Lucho's experiments, but we couldn't win with our traditional 4-3-3. Bottom line- 4-3-3 no longer works, we always struggled against the team parking the bus, there's nothing new there. Ligue is not lost it's too early. Barca needs to figure out new formation, new tactics. Pep era is gone for good.

Schumi

It is not over, but again, we were lucky 2 weeks ago against Valencia with 1:0 in the last Minute.
Tonight again 0:0.
We also had a few late wins in the first rounds.

On the other hand, with Real, you have a feeling that they can win 3:0 or 4:0 against any team home or away.

We can trash teams 5:1 at home, and away we play 0:0 and 1:0 against everyone.
Tonight's match was like a replay of the last rounds of the last Season, where we could have been champions, but we had 3-4 shots on Goal in every match away from home.

Tonight:
-- Alves horrible in attack as always
-- Alba, equally horrible, like he was Alves' idiot brother
-- Mathieu and Pique, well, they are defenders
-- Busi, offering almost nothing in attack
-- Rakitic babysitting for Alves
-- Pedro is Pedro

What is left?
= Messi, Suarez and Xavi trying to do something and somehow create a chance

This is our team currently on any away La Liga match.
We won't win a title surely.

What you say above is mostly true. I tend to agree. Both our fullbacks are too one dimensional and can't really act as providers for the attack most of the time.

F

Flavia

I am not really fan of Lucho, but I am annoyed to see many people being this overpessimistic.

Barca is not PSG, and Lucho, despite his flaws is not Blanc.

I still believe Barca can win La Liga this season.

I'm not sure why Lucho is better than Blanc, Bertus. We have no midfield, and that's on him. Players look lost and out of ideas most of the time.

Bertus

It is not over, but again, we were lucky 2 weeks ago against Valencia with 1:0 in the last Minute.
Tonight again 0:0.
We also had a few late wins in the first rounds.

On the other hand, with Real, you have a feeling that they can win 3:0 or 4:0 against any team home or away.

We can trash teams 5:1 at home, and away we play 0:0 and 1:0 against everyone.
Tonight's match was like a replay of the last rounds of the last Season, where we could have been champions, but we had 3-4 shots on Goal in every match away from home.

Tonight:
-- Alves horrible in attack as always
-- Alba, equally horrible, like he was Alves' idiot brother
-- Mathieu and Pique, well, they are defenders
-- Busi, offering almost nothing in attack
-- Rakitic babysitting for Alves
-- Pedro is Pedro

What is left?
= Messi, Suarez and Xavi trying to do something and somehow create a chance

This is our team currently on any away La Liga match.
We won't win a title surely.
Last season they had a good period too, but still lost some easy games and lost La Liga.

Still failing to see how it can be game over already. We're not talking about Bayern dominance here.

raskolnikov

Last season they had a good period too, but still lost some easy games and lost La Liga.

Still failing to see how it can be game over already. We're not talking about Bayern dominance here.

Last season Real dropped a lot of points, like usually in a first season ancelotti team. Atletico were keeping up really well and Barca kepts screwing up losing the title like 5 times before the last game.
This season Real is dominating while Barca keeps struggling tactically and playing like shit, its like a worse version of the 2011/12 season except we wont come close toc catching up and winning a cl looks very unlikely as well.

Bertus

I'm not sure why Lucho is better than Blanc, Bertus. We have no midfield, and that's on him. Players look lost and out of ideas most of the time.
Since I watch both teams ona regular basis, even if Lucho is not Pep by any means, sorry but it's definitely better than the crappy show I have to endure every weeks from PSG.

Just seeing that when there's 0-0, players still don't waste time makes me feel good.

PSG, even when they are losing plays like they don't give a single fuck, at least in Ligue 1 and all their CL games unless they face Barca or big teams.

And even against Barca, here they got trashed by medias because they didn't play seriously at all. They played as if it was a friendly.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Still failing to see how it can game over. We're not talking about Bayern dominance here.

I don't know, my personal opinion (and probably by other fans) is "a feeling" that we are worse and worse each Season.
We are just sinking more and more.

Last Pep's Season was the start of all problems.
-- but we still almost won CL, if we weren't extremely unlucky against Chelsea

Then, Tito, we were weaker than with Pep, in general.
But we were still dominating in La Liga matches.
Plus, we reached Semis of Champions league.

Tata, our team was even worse than a Season before, with Tito.
-- now, we suddenly started to struggle even in most of La Liga matches
-- in CL, we were so lost and headless the whole Season

Lucho? You see the pattern now
Pep>Tito>Tata>Lucho
-- we are worse and worse each Season, as a team
-- and any problem we had in the past is just multiplied and everything is getting worse and worse

Looking at last 4 Seasons, nothing indicates that we can win this.
Plus, we haven't reached the bottom yet.
We will probably need Seasons 14/15 and 15/16 without any trophies, then the board will go, 80% of the current team will be sold, we will get a new board, a new coach, some new younger players and we will start a new cycle.
16/17 Season will be a start, and probably in 17/18 we can expect titles, or at least serious fight for titles again.

dakt

Why the fuck we cannot score early in the first half for once??? I'm sick of waiting for that first goal.

Butifarra Eater

There appears to be no clear-cut attacking philosophy with this side.

In our prime we were a very one-dimensional attack in terms of philosophy. But we were so good at it that this didn't matter. In the glory years, the only real "tactic" outside of clinical, tight passing was that Pep required our side to act like rabid dogs when we turn the ball over. Relentless pressing.

We don't press that hard anymore. Pedro does, most don't.

When the defense jams the middle of the pitch we look for other options now. This is what nearly all top clubs in the world do, but it was never what we did in our prime. Everyone knew what we were going to do and we did it anyway and won titles. Our one-touch passing in tight spaces was so brilliant that mixing it up didn't really matter.

Now it's like our guys are not confident enough in their ability to attack in this straightforward manner. Why? Since when did Barcelona need to mix up their attack in order to dominate the world? Why so many long balls up in the pitch hoping for a quick counter-attack? How does this play to our strengths?

Generic super club philosophy does not work at Barcelona.

F

Flavia

I don't know, my personal opinion (and probably by other fans) is "a feeling" that we are worse and worse each Season.
We are just sinking more and more.

Last Pep's Season was the start of all problems.
-- but we still almost won CL, if we weren't extremely unlucky against Chelsea

Then, Tito, we were weaker than with Pep, in general.
But we were still dominating in La Liga matches.
Plus, we reached Semis of Champions league.

Tata, our team was even worse than a Season before, with Tito.
-- now, we suddenly started to struggle even in most of La Liga matches
-- in CL, we were so lost and headless the whole Season

Lucho? You see the pattern now
Pep>Tito>Tata>Lucho
-- we are worse and worse each Season, as a team
-- and any problem we had in the past is just multiplied and everything is getting worse and worse

Looking at last 4 Seasons, nothing indicates that we can win this.
Plus, we haven't reached the bottom yet.
We will probably need Seasons 14/15 and 15/16 without any trophies, then the board will go, 80% of the current team will be sold, we will get a new board, a new coach, some new younger players and we will start a new cycle.
16/17 Season will be a start, and probably in 17/18 we can expect titles, or at least serious fight for titles again.

The lack of a sporting project is making this happen. Not bringing a competent proven manager too. And of course, having zubi signing players like douglas, vermaelen, and passing on kroos. No way things can get better, with a board that care only about making money, and forgot that trophies are the best way to do it.

Home of Barca Fans