Lliga: FC Barcelona - UD Almería 4-0

Bucky

Penya Member
I don't expect this to be easy tonight. Almeria won't make it so and we'll probably have half a foot on the gas as we look towards the weekend with a tougher opponent in Sevilla and the following CL game.

It's all well and good saying not to think about the upcoming games like the players do which is borderline cliché, but honestly, we all know it plays on their mind and it shows on the pitch.

Will be great to get a few goals but keep it at a steady pace and then flex our muscles against Sevilla & PSG.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I would rather rest Messi than any other player. I believe he's still not recovered from his injury. Leave him on bench and play Rafinha instead. At least we will be able to evaluate how Rafinha looks on his natural position. Also I'd like to see duo Rakitic-Xavi for at least 60 minutes. Xavi might fit current tactics than Iniesta, it's time to find it out.

Only one other forward, Southampton's Graziano Pellè, has played more in Europe's top five leagues than Messi[marca]

Yeah it would be smart to rest him before all those tough games (Sevilla, PSG, Valencia), but Messi is Messi, he will play.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I think he will score more than 2 definately. Hopefully Leo can get back to scoring and maybe Suarez too. Expect a good game and the players should be motivated for the month and let the April begin :tito:

raskolnikov

I don't get why Rakitic plays these type of games and is on the bench in banana peel type ones.
Especially since he somehow has 0 stamina to play a few matches in a row why not play him against Celta, rest him against Almeria then use him in all 3 difficult games next week.

L

linetty

As harmless as Almeria seems to be, we should be really focused

Sergi (coach Almeria): "We'll go out to win the game. No respect, no fear. If I wanted a training game, I'd have stayed at home." #fcblive
Sergi (coach Almeria): "Be it Barça or another team. I want the players to man up. We can't have doubts, the end of the season is near."

raskolnikov

Its annoying that they switched coaches before this match, Sergi of all people. Teams that do that can often surprise the next opponent.
Still shouldnt be ean excuse for any score with less than 4 goals difference.

L

linetty

Luis Enrique: "We take this game serious. New coach can be extra motivation for players and we don't know if they will change their style."
Luis Enrique: "This is a crucial game to win the Liga, I need a line-up of 11 great players."

Darko

Yeah, the players always want to prove themselves to new coaches, but we have enough quality to take care of business.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
[formation=barca,6]
Bravo
Montoya-0-Bartra-0-Mathieu-0-Adriano
0-0-0-Mascherano-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-0-0-Xavi-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-Messi-0-0-0-Neymar-0
0-0-0-Suarez-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Antimadridista1

I don't get why Rakitic plays these type of games and is on the bench in banana peel type ones.
Especially since he somehow has 0 stamina to play a few matches in a row why not play him against Celta, rest him against Almeria then use him in all 3 difficult games next week.

Exactly why I thought. That's poor coaching from Lucho but we all said it after the match.
It should've been Rakitic instead of Rafinha yesterday.

F

Flavia

Official lineup: Bravo, Alves, Bartra, Mascherano, Adriano, Sergi Roberto, Xavi, Rakitic, Pedro, Messi y Suarez

Pique, Mathieu, Neymar resting. Roberto as dm.

yahudi

that-shit-cray-15-laptop-case_design.png

Home of Barca Fans