Lliga: FC Barcelona - Elche 3-0

BBZ8800

Anyone have a clue of how Lucho will play? I heard things like a 3-5-2 with Pedro as a wingback. Or Messi as a 10 playing behind two forwards. Most of the pre-season we saw the classic 4-3-3 but isn't it time for change.

We will have to see whether he will play less risky tomorrow with a standard 433 and without too many new signings in the first 11, or he will play a gamble right away with a new formation and 3-4-5 new players on the field.

A lot of things will be clearer after tomorrow.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to Lucho's official debut.
Imo., opening games are no time for experiments so I expect our strongest lineup and Barca making a mark right from the start. 4-0 is my call.

Looking forward to Lucho's official debut.
Imo., opening games are no time for experiments so I expect our strongest lineup and Barca making a mark right from the start. 4-0 is my call.

Yeah, even though it should be an easy game, when the game is the first game of the season and there won't be another game for a week, you start your strongest lineup.

XaviTheCreator

I predict a close game with us winning 2-1 New coach, new system, no Neymar, it's gonna take awhile before the machine is well-oiled

Trickykid

I predict a close game with us winning 2-1 New coach, new system, no Neymar, it's gonna take awhile before the machine is well-oiled

The new coach argument shouldn't be much of a problem if last season is anything to go by. I'm sure Real Madrid's new goalie will agree with that.
Neymar is a possibility tomorrow according to Lucho, and even without him, there should be a huge difference in quality between us and Elche.

Anything but a win by 2-3 goals would be a surprise.

SocalBarcaFan

Like last year right? ;)

We won 7-0 in the opening match vs Levante. Maybe we don't want a dominating win right out the gate. It didn't translate to success for us last season.

pszczudlo

I hope to see the signs of well tactically organised team that work together on the field. During the last 2 years lack of any tactic was really easily noticable and that's the most important job for Lucho to do. I hope to see well prepared actions without long balls played on Messi which are the worst idea ever. I believe Rakitic and Rafinha tomorrow will prove that they were given a chance for a reason.

Adrian

9pm games are great for us Aussies, as the game will start 7am for us. Anyway, can't wait for this new season to start and especially to see that forward line come into play against RM.

I

instinct

I'm even more excited about this game after Lucho said that no team will beat us in determination and motivation.

I can't wait!

I

instinct

Neymar not in the squad. Samper neither.

Pedro got the green light and is available.

Bravo, Masip, Alves, Montoya, Bartra, Mascherano, Mathieu, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Xavi, Iniesta, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha, Pedro, Munir, Messi, Sandro

(Pique is suspended)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans