Lliga: Barca - Valencia 2-0

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Tough game , we were completely outplayed in the first half. Second half was better , we were more in control. Thankfully we won , 6 more games to go.

Visca el Barça

J

Jamie Cal

Is it just me, or are we winning the Treble this season again?

Early days of course, BUT....beating Valencia means the race for 4th is very open. Which means Valencia and Sevilla will be both giving it a proper go against Real. Drop points once and it's ours, I think.

StarLord

Early days of course, BUT....beating Valencia means the race for 4th is very open. Which means Valencia and Sevilla will be both giving it a proper go against Real. Drop points once and it's ours, I think.

Yeah. Valid point.

Let's hope Sevilla win tomorrow. Who are they playing by the way?

MessiNeymar

He felt a discomfort yesterday, during training.

Yep and it was perfect time IMO as it gives Suarez his rest and makes sure he stays injury free but also because Pedro brings more pace to the time and is full on energy he could track back on the wings a lot more for the last 30minutes which left Messi back in the middle where he could just hold the ball around with the other players like they did

Morten

If anything, it was your club that was spared a royal thrashing due to our poor finishing the last time out!!!

Not really, we should have been 3-1 up at ht, players just couldnt finish. It seems you have been riding high on this type of luck ever since. Teams pressure you to death in the first half, but literally none takes their chances.

xavi_the_Boss

Not really, we should have been 3-1 up at ht, players just couldnt finish. It seems you have been riding high on this type of luck ever since. Teams pressure you to death in the first half, but literally none takes their chances.

Besides this match there wasn´t really.

serghei

It happened to us just last saturnday, in Seville. We should've been like 3-0 or 4-1 up and we ended up drawing the game.

BarcaBarcaBarca

wow. wow. wow. easily not the prettiest performance we will ever have, infact, i thought we played arguably worse than last week. HOWEVER, today was about getting a win under out belts. the first minute was just pure quality. anyone asking what lucho brings to barca should watch that first minute. suarez's goal was so direct and represents the type of goal we've seen much more of this season, under lucho's more direct approach.

then we come to the next 44 minutes............pique and mascherano had a shocker in the first half. but not as much as adriano, alves and the ref. and lets be honest, when 3/4 of your back four are having an off game, it is going to be full pelt attacks from valencia. we rode our luck, a penality save - bravo making up for his mistake from last week although it shouldnt have even been a penalty. and they hit the post a couple times. we were lucky to get back into the dressing rooms a goal up.

second half changed completely and rakitic was instrumental in the way we played. adriano has been a great servant, but i think his time is up and should be released at the end of the season. good opportunity for a b team player to take up the role behind alba, or like today, we could use mathieu. the second half felt a lot more comfortable and the type of game i expected before kick off (ian cathro, the valencia assistant manager used to be my coach when he was at dundee united. this guy is destined for big things).

i think the final ten minutes were key to us winning today. we went into the 81st minute with a clear idea of what we had to do. lucho, unlike last week brought pedro on at the right time and allowed us to to keep pressure on valencia, but also allowed a dynamic approach that was missing in the whole of the second half last week. Messi played a massive role in keeping the ball and making wise decisions when to dribble, pass and release the ball. For me, the best part of the game was the introduction of sergi roberto. you might all be scratching your head, but he made some intelligent decisions, tackles and passes and didnt look out of place on a pitch where tension was high and nerves were uncontrolable in the stands. with iniesta and xavi getting older, now and next season in the appropriate time for roberto to be introduced into the team, although i have a feeling he will leave for stoke, along with moha of the b team.

and to put the cherry on the top of the icing on the cake, messi's 400th goal for barca could just prove to be an extremely important one.

massive push still to go but i'm more relaxed now compared to this time last week after the disappointing draw. we can do this!

VISCA EL BARCA!!!

StarLord

We had much better chances to you in that game. Neymar missed an open net from half a yard out right before you equalized (would have made the game 2-0, just like Messi missed a sitter to make it 0-2 at the Bernabeu a few months back) After Suarez scored, you were lucky to avoid multiple goals...

We were also a bit unlucky (and wasteful) against Sevilla. If anything, most of our results do not do justice to the degree of chances that we create and the relative lack of chances created by our hapless opponents.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Team had a tough 10 days. Travel to Sevilla, then travel to Paris. Come home to face well rested Valencia who are on their 2nd best season ever in term of points.
We barely won at Mestalla by Busquets last minute goal and last season lost here at Camp Nou. They are one tough nut.

Morten

We had much better chances to you in that game. Neymar missed an open net from half a yard out right before you equalized (would have made the game 2-0, just like Messi missed a sitter to make it 0-2 at the Bernabeu a few months back) After Suarez scored, you were lucky to avoid multiple goals...

We were also a bit unlucky (and wasteful) against Sevilla. If anything, most of our results do not do justice to the degree of chances that we create and the relative lack of chances created by our hapless opponents.

Selective memory is your friend i see, we had big chances in the first half, your 1-0 for example was against the run of play. Results are results, you get what you deserve i suppose. But my honest opinion is that you quite often escape first halfs in a lucky manner.

StarLord

Selective memory is your friend i see, we had big chances in the first half, your 1-0 for example was against the run of play. Results are results, you get what you deserve i suppose. But my honest opinion is that you quite often escape first halfs in a lucky manner.

You had half chances in that first half. Neymar's chance was beyond a sitter. The chances we had after the 60th minute were clear-cut, you had nothing of the sort. Try better next time. And what first halves have we escaped this season, other than today? After we played so many tough games on the trot!

Were we lucky against Man City? No! We should have beaten them 10-1 on aggregate. Were we lucky vs PSG? Were we lucky vs Valencia or Celta Vigo in the first round?

Morten

You had half chances in that first half. Neymar's chance was beyond a sitter. The chances we had after the 60th minute were clear-cut, you had nothing of the sort. Try better next time. And what first halves have we escaped this season, other than today? After we played so many tough games on the trot!

Were we lucky against Man City? No! We should have beaten them 10-1 on aggregate. Were we lucky vs PSG? Were we lucky vs Valencia or Celta Vigo in the first round?

Half chances :lol::lol: i might have been inclined to take you seriously, but i can see you are trolling. Have a good day, do come back if you want a serious discussion.

Home of Barca Fans