Lliga: Barca - Levante 5-0

JamDav1982

Yeah, he's going full retard again. God forbid Suarez would play against so easy opponent so that he could score some goals and gain confidence. No, we put in Neymar and Messi our most tired forwards and Pedro who will be nonexistent on RW again.

Hardly.

You have no idea Luchos reasoning for doing or that Messi and Neymar are worse than Suarez physically.

Siberia

Midfield looks strong and attack is perfect against a parked bus with players who can combine well. Good line up. Nice to see alba getting a rest cause I was getting worried

Yannick03

Be interesting to see if Neymar plays CF today.

If he does then it is most likely Lucho testing out back up plans for if Suarez gets injured.

Wouldnt be ideal to put Messi back at CF as he has been phenomenal on the right the past few weeks.

I could see Pedro playing centre forward.

If I were Lucho I would leave Neymar at the position were he's been playing very good this season, same thing for Messi.

L

linetty

Definitely. Although Neymar deserved to be benched after 2 mediocre and one horrible performance.
Maybe but it's a good game to build his confidence back after that penalty miss. Today will be easy to score some goals.

JamDav1982

I could see Pedro playing centre forward.

If I were Lucho I would leave Neymar at the position were he's been playing very good this season, same thing for Messi.

Yeah maybe but I wouldnt be suprised to see Neymar through the middle a fair bit during this game.

I

instinct

It won't be easy to score a shitload of goals because they'll park the bus. I'm confident about a win but I wouldn't expect a goal fest.

Would love to see one though :lol:

Kohe321

I would much rather have rested Nerman tbh. I'd like to think he'll at least get subbed though. This lineup isn't bad by any means, enough to beat Levante for sure.

I agree, that's the one thing I'd want to change as well. But then again, we haven't been in the trainings and it could easily be the case that Suarez came in feeling tired today and Neymar was full of energy. :)

Suarez should be rested in the next Copa game against Villareal as he's one card away from suspension, and so he will get more rest just from that. This is a game where it feels very logical to rest Neymar as he's probably going to play every single game in the coming weeks. Oh well, probably not a big deal. Good to see Bartra starting again!

Ghosting

We should just pass them the ball and drop deep, therefore enticing them to attack, then win the ball and break with Messi, Neymar and....... urgh Pedro I guess.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yeah maybe but I wouldnt be suprised to see Neymar through the middle a fair bit during this game.

Messi in the middle is not an obstacle for us. When he played there vs. Elche (a team about the same caliber of Levante, and we were playing away) he got 2 goals and 2 assists and the highlight of the match was the Neymar-Messi connection which is stronger when Leo plays in the middle. He'd do fine either way and might get minutes on the right today if Suarez subs on for Neymar later.

JamDav1982

Messi in the middle is not an obstacle for us. When he played there vs. Elche (a team about the same caliber of Levante, and we were playing away) he got 2 goals and 2 assists and the highlight of the match was the Neymar-Messi connection which is stronger when Leo plays in the middle. He'd do fine either way and might get minutes on the right today if Suarez subs on for Neymar later.

Not a problem today but against the parked bus of Atletico for example Messi has looked far better on the right.

Not suggesting Lucho wont play Messi in middle as it wont be enough to win today more that he will try and test out other players in the middle as that might be needed in bigger games to keep Messi on the right.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Disaster, doom and plague!!! This lineup is horrible and we will lose!

Where is Messi2146 to work his magic!?!?

Home of Barca Fans