Liverpool

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Might be the forgotten kid at Liverpool but he played very well vs Betis. Looks composed, great long ball accuracy, and seems to have some potential.

Ilori is not forgotten at all by us. Our future defence will be Ilori and Sakho imo. Both complement each other perfectly it seems.

Unbiased United

So what do you reckon Liverpool fans, are you guys title contenders then? (Go on, stick your necks on the line and say it if you believe it!).

I reckon you'll get third, have done excellent to do so and for what it's worth absolutely deserved it. I Still think chelsea and City are too strong for anything more though.

ammarfcb

ze special one
if we pop out the other side of the city/chelsea games victorious i will #believe. but there's 2 refs, hazard,cahill,aguero and yaya to stop us.

but the way i look at today is its a big step to securing 4th - not a step to the title

raskolnikov

I favour Chelsea because of their easier fixtures to win the league, also favour city over Liverpool but they are definitely in it and would love to see them win instead of new money.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
If we are level on points with Chelsea/Man C after our home games against City and Chelsea then I'll believe.

If there is more than a 3 point gap heading into the Chelsea game then no I won't as they have Norwich at home and Cardiff away in the last two whilst City have Everton away and West Ham at home.

I think we'll give it a right good go but unless the above scenario plays out I won't "believe".

Until CL is guaranteed (i.e. Man Utd go out of the CL and we go 10 points ahead of 5th and 6th) then I'll be just hoping to secure that position in the top 4.

TBH it's hard to see where Chelsea will drop points after they games against spurs, arsenal and ourselves. After Spurs they have Villa away which they should win. After Arsenal they have palace away which should be another win. They then have Stoke at home, Swansea away and Sunderland at home before going to Anfield. Then its Norwich at home and Cardiff away.

So Chelsea have Spurs, Arsenal, Stoke, Sunderland and Norwich at home. I reckon they'll get minimum 13 points from that games. Away from home they have Villa, Palace, Swansea, Liverpool and Cardiff. Our game apart I think they'll get 10 points at least from those so 23 points which equates to 27 points with the 4 point gap. Which means in our remaining 10 games we need to win at least 9 of them to match that which is nigh on impossible. So that is the main reason I say it depends what the points game is before and after that game. Chelsea can afford to lose it if its at its current 4 point gap.

Not even discussing City but let's say they win their games in hand and have the better GD. Again for me if we go in that game with a 3 point gap or less then I'd have to start to believe.

City's fixtures at home are Aston Villa, Fulham, Southampton, Sunderland, WBA and West Ham. I expect 18 points from those. Away they have Hull, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Palace and Everton. I reckon minimum they'll get - excluding our game - is 11 points. But all of those away games are tough games. But I'll give them at least 3 wins and a couple of draws. But yeah I'd need both man utd and arsenal to beat them with Everton getting something also. It will be even harder for them if they get less them 18 points from their home games.

But those away games are why Chelsea are favourites and why my original point stands. If we can go into that game with 3 points or less behind Chelsea then I'll believe.

The last two games for each are Everton away and West Ham at home for City. Norwich at home and Cardiff away for Chelsea and Palace away and Newcastle at home for us. Chelsea have the easiest penultimate game of season and the toughest (out of the three) game on the last day. Especially if Cardiff need something to stay up.

But there are a lot of "IFs" in this post. I'd rather take it one game at a time and see where that takes us.

Right now I am definitely enjoying the ride whilst keeping an eye out to make sure we try and cement CL football first and foremost.

Die Bayern

What do you mean? They play this weekend. Then they have a week off like everybody else

What he meant was why didn't they have a game on the 1st or 2nd of March. Reason is, because of City playing in the Capital Cup. The Manchester derby was scheduled for Sunday I believe but because they had to play the final the game was postponed.

Home of Barca Fans