Liverpool

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Liverpool have confirmed they plan to redevelop their existing home at Anfield, rather than building a new stadium in nearby Stanley Park.
The capacity is set to be extended from 45,276 to 60,000, while the project will cost around £150m with Liverpool committing to building a hotel.
The city's council has also secured a £25m grant to help regenerate the area.
"This is step one as there is land to acquire, plans to be approved," said Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre.
"But this is a significant moment. Today represents a huge step forward for the Anfield area."

If the process remains on schedule and all necessary planning applications are approved, work is set to begin in 2014.
Liverpool have looked into adding an extra tier to the stadium, including more corporate facilities for the Anfield Road and main stands, although if the planning permissions are rejected, a new-build on Stanley Park could come back into the reckoning.
Residents raised concerns earlier this year about the plans to expand Anfield and it remains unclear how many houses would be affected by any compulsory purchase orders.
The plan will see a number of streets close to Anfield cleared, such as Lothair Road, Alroy Road and Sybil Road, with hundreds of properties in four areas of the Liverpool suburb renovated.
A number of terraced streets will be reshaped, while scores of residents in the areas affected could be relocated to newly upgraded properties nearby.
The redeveloped Anfield will be the centrepiece of the council's £175m regeneration project of the L4 area.
"This is a major step forward for the football club but more importantly the residents," added Ayre.
"We welcome the opportunity to be part of this partnership - we want to thank [mayor of Liverpool] Joe Anderson and the council for the time and the support they've given us to help make the right decision.
"LFC celebrated its 120th year in 2012 at Anfield and there is no doubt Anfield is the spiritual home of the club - our preference was always to remain at Anfield."
The club's owners, Fenway Sports Group (FSG), which also runs American baseball team Boston Red Sox, faced a similar situation with the Red Sox's ground, Fenway Park.
After conducting a feasibility study lasting about a year, FSG opted to redevelop the 100-year-old stadium.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19935925

ammarfcb

ze special one
good performance i thought. that 1-0 really doesn't tell the story, could have have been 4-0 that's just from suarez alone.

Jenks

Suarez is meant to be Liverpool's best player, but I actually think he's the one holding them back. With the amount of chances they create and he misses, you have to say with a more clinical striker Liverpool would be in a much better position than they are.

SwiftGuyver

the harsh reality is Chelsea got Oscar, Mata & Hazard for like £85 million and Liverpool spent about the same on Carroll, Downing & Henderson. The Kenny/Comolli legacy has been pretty devastating.

B-Rod is slowly but surely turning them around though, he just needs time and money. I really like the look of Allen, Sahin, Suso, Shelvey, Sterling etc. Just add a true goal machine like Falcao and they would instantly look a real force again IMO.

......................Reina........................
Johnson....Agger.......Skrtel........Enrique
......................Lucas........................
..............Allen.........Sahin................
Sterling...........Falcao................Suarez

Gerrard, Suso, Shelvey, Coates, Assaidi, Yesil etc etc...

that looks like a top 4 team to me...

obviously Falcao is out of the question, he is clearly going to Chelsea, City or PSG. Yesil looks like a natural goal scorer but he needs time and they shouldn't rely on an 18 year old after January. I think they should go for Llorente.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Gary Hooper :lol:

+1 on the :lol: . from here on till december we need to make our self attractive to top class players. the whole gary hooper thing sounds like something kenny the killer would do.

di-VX71.jpg

were doing well in terms of possession and chance created just need to start winning and a proper striker is needed.

#FreeLlorente

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Suarez is meant to be Liverpool's best player, but I actually think he's the one holding them back. With the amount of chances they create and he misses, you have to say with a more clinical striker Liverpool would be in a much better position than they are.

Sorry but you couldn't be further from the mark, they lose Suarez and they lose their best player...He does more than just score goals

Reds fans should be patient, Rodgers is putting together something lovely at Anfield - give it some time still...Sterling, is virtually the best winger in England already...They do need another goalscorer though and they aren't going to be in the running for a Falcao or big name striker - of course, they may not need to either

Home of Barca Fans