Liverpool

Neymessi

Rodgers loses patience over Balotelli questioning

"Is this the Mario Balotelli press conference?" he told reporters

Irish_Cules

Pretty embarrassing stuff from Rodgers so far this season. He is happy to make Balotelli the scapegoat in order to draw attention away from his own failings. Obviously Ballotelli's performances haven't been good but Rodgers has taken every opportunity to undermine him with stuff like "he's the best we could do" or "he must do better". He and other Balotelli critics seem to expect him to be Luis Suarez which just isn't fair. Even if Balotelli played to his full potential he wouldn't play with the frantic intensity of someone like Suarez. You can't just change Balotelli's style of play and to be honest he seems to be working hard enough by his standards. It's been more a problem of quality, decision making and end-product for him this season. It's obvious that Rodgers really didn't want Balotelli who was either bought for him or was the only player possible to sign at the end of the window. Even at his best he doesn't really suit their style so its understandable hat Rodgers is frustrated at the situation but to undermine the player so much and to make him a scapegoat for other more fundamental problems in the team this is too much.

Suarez made everyone else play better and his goals made up for Liverpool's defensive problems. Suarez isn't their to save them anymore and their defence is even worse this season. Rodgers has to be to blame for this. He's quick to point out his own tactical decisions when they win a game but he shifts the blame when it isn't working. He even tried to talk about their hectic schedule and travel after their first Champions League game against Ludogrets...at home. Ridiculous stuff.

khaled_a_d

It is really sad to see this type of struggle after very good season last year .I know Basil is a very solid team but seriously this should have been easily qualification

Martindn

Fuck me am i enjoying this, all the shit i had to put up with last year from scouse friends at work, its quite funny they arent too keen to discuss football now.

XaviMessiGirl

This is probably the worst Liverpool I've seen since I became a fan, even worse than the shit sides from the past few years (last year excluded of course). Not only are we bad but dull to watch too. There might be some improvement in goalscoring when Sturridge finally comes back but he can't fix that terrible defense.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Can't believe someone on here claimed they had one of the best defences in the league. Their defence has been a joke ever since Rodgers became their manager.

DrPepper

Can't believe someone on here claimed they had one of the best defences in the league. Their defence has been a joke ever since Rodgers became their manager.

The defence started to become shit when Rodgers moved Gerrard to the lone DM role. Obviously they scored a lot of goals since then, but without Suarez AND Sturridge they're not really that threatening offensively.

I'm actually quite optimistic they will start playing solid (at least) again when Sturridge finally comes back. I think the last game he played was against Tottenham, the only Liverpool performance that resembled last season.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Remy has scored more goals in 160 minutes than all of Liverpool's strikers(not sure if it stands right now, the article was about 6 days ago). :lol: Failed medical what? No wonder Strurridge can't get back to fitness, their medical staff have no fucking clue.

And let's not even get started on Drogba.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
The defence started to become shit when Rodgers moved Gerrard to the lone DM role. Obviously they scored a lot of goals since then, but without Suarez AND Sturridge they're not really that threatening offensively.

I'm actually quite optimistic they will start playing solid (at least) again when Sturridge finally comes back. I think the last game he played was against Tottenham, the only Liverpool performance that resembled last season.

While I agree that Gerrard at DM has some of the blame, I think most of it is on the manager. Rodgers claimed defending is easy. Made it sound like that's something any manager can teach a team. Last season, they conceded 50 goals in the league like some midtable team. Many of them were from set pieces and their problems with them are continuing. They can't mark their opponents even if their life depended on it. They would be a much better team if they tried to fix it, but it doesn't look like they are trying.

Sturridge would definitely improve them, until he gets injured again. Unfortunately for them, that's how it is with Sturridge. Injury prone as a Man Utd defender. On another note, they really wasted the Suárez money on shit. Rodgers really has no clue in the transfer market. The only decent transfers he's made so far are Coutinho and Lallana. The rest have been utter shit.

Home of Barca Fans