Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

FIGwIRGVIAIh0A4

:messi:

Rassvet

Di Maria and Messi usually have a terrible connection though. Di Maria seems more suited to crossing or counter attack football rather than the precise possession style like Messi is.

Altomonte

I think Messi has forgiven all Di Maria sins of the past, after the Copa final. They will get along forever after that epic moment.

KingLeo10

I don't think Messi ever considered Di Maria as one of the "sinners". If anything, only Higuain and Aguero have underperformed for Argentina compared to their club careers.

Di Maria was a beast at WC 2014 and scored that monster goal v France in 2018. In fact, had Di Maria been fit for the WC final, I think Argentina win it.

Horatio

You're welcome
Agreed.

Messi has always liked Di Maria. One of his closer Argentinian buds.

I think Di Maria had one awful Copa which game him bad rep and lump together with likes of Higua?n. Dunno if it was Copa or WC. But overall unjust as does well more often than not.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think Messi ever considered Di Maria as one of the "sinners". If anything, only Higuain and Aguero have underperformed for Argentina compared to their club careers.

Di Maria was a beast at WC 2014 and scored that monster goal v France in 2018. In fact, had Di Maria been fit for the WC final, I think Argentina win it.

True. DiMaria has performed under pressure fairly well. Also helped Messi win the Olympic gold.

Btw Argentina had pretty sick Olympic team:

https://www.go al/en-in/lists/lionel-messi-2008-olympics-gold-medal-winning-teammates/byi8ob3z7xi71u9kxwcfb3egh#csb19e6876c3a4c101

Just take the space out of go al, so it works.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Can't help but think that Di Maria is the level Dembele would reach without injuries. I've been extremely frustrated seeing Di Maria play, taking shots from impossible angles, drilling his head down and ignoring better options etc.

Footballing IQ is relatively low, but he has improved a lot and at times does amazing things as he is incredibly talented. Dembele is basically the same player, difference is the Frenchman's 'amazing things' appear more rarely.

I think consistency is an issue for both, with Dembele being way behind mostly due to lack of playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans