Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

I actually don't think they give a shit about the league ( when they're some goals down ) to the point of everyone giving their 100% best to turn the game around . I mean they lost a game and are still 6 points above the 2nd place and 13 above the team that won the league last year. They'll walk the league , lol.

feggydinho

Not sure if he and Neymar really can play together anymore.

Yeah, might have been better if they subbed Messi, like last when he was subbed against Lyon, they came back to win the game. Neymar has more ginger and energy even if he's not as good as Messi.

sickstar

I watched full match for messi! Rare occasion that i watched full match besides for barca and milan. The other day i watched them against city just 30 mins.

From what i saw, overall players seem to be lacking energy. Not helping is the fact that the match is played at noon and rennes have more rest days.

Messi has been really accurate with his passes, only once blocked i think and didn't get disposessed. But he rarely does dribbles too in this match. Create a few chances for his team mates, perhaps two for mbappe and one neymar, if i'm not mistaken. Two free kicks, one hit the bar and one slightly missed top corner. He's one of the best performer of psg tonight, if not the best.

Neymar has been underperforming especially 2nd half. Mbappe was better but he really looked like he has to score or else he's dead. Little bit individual in a few occasions.

KingLeo10

2nd half, he dropped a disasterclass along with the rest of the team (Neymar being the ABSOLUTE worst by far).

Obviously doesn't matter but they need to fix that forward line fast. IMO, Neymar needs benching.

Rory

2nd half, he dropped a disasterclass along with the rest of the team (Neymar being the ABSOLUTE worst by far).

Obviously doesn't matter but they need to fix that forward line fast. IMO, Neymar needs benching.

Yup and more energy in midfield. Wijnaldum would fit that role. Or Messi and Mbappe playing off one another as a front 2. Neymar looks depressed out there. He left Barca to be out of Messi's shadow. Immediately entered Mbappe's, then Messi arrives and he's now under two shadows to continue the shadow analogy lol.

Newcomer

Damn ! There was a guy on here saying PSG couldn't do anything else but be undefeated in the league. The following game, they lose.

It fits what PSG have shown so far. The results were perfect with every game won but, in reality, there were a lot of results exceeding what PSG actually produced.

Rory

Damn ! There was a guy on here saying PSG couldn't do anything else but be undefeated in the league. The following game, they lose.

It fits what PSG have shown so far. The results were perfect with every game won but, in reality, there were a lot of results exceeding what PSG actually produced.

Reminds me of Valverde's years here. Get ready to cry.

Newcomer

Yup and more energy in midfield. Wijnaldum would fit that role. Or Messi and Mbappe playing off one another as a front 2. Neymar looks depressed out there. He left Barca to be out of Messi's shadow. Immediately entered Mbappe's, then Messi arrives and he's now under two shadows to continue the shadow analogy lol.

Wijnaldum, so far, has been pretty... erm... i wouldn't say bad but inexistent. He doesn't exist really. Doesn't provide anything physically, tactically, technically. A passerby.

Also, Neymar is the happiest reuniting with Messi. He doesn't feel like he is under any shadow. The guy was the frontrunner of the Messi to PSG lobby the whole time. It is just that since last year, he seems to have declined. Not as sharp as before. The dribbles he could perform aren't cutting it anymore because he looks heavier, less agile, light on his feet.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Feel that they should continue the lineup they had vs City but Neymar needs to step up his game.

The front four of Messi, Neymar, Mbappe and Di Maria will be torn apart.

Rory

Wijnaldum, so far, has been pretty... erm... i wouldn't say bad but inexistent. He doesn't exist really. Doesn't provide anything physically, tactically, technically. A passerby.

True but even experienced players can take a season to fit in. Guess the issue for you is the pressure of having to win every game means taking time to fit in isn't allowed.

feggydinho

Lol, I actually think they would be better of with Neymar, Mbappe, and Di Maria as front three. Messi without the ball is horrible to watch and benching him against Lyon gave them the win this season. it's their problem though

Leo_Messi

They will walk Ligue 1 as expected but the CL is always a lottery and it would surprise me if PSG could pull it off. It is still early days but they were thoroughly outplayed by Man City. Helps having a freak of nature such as Donnarumma in goal obviously.

They will struggle a lot against cohesive, athletic, well-drilled and individually strong teams such as Bayern, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea etc. Would not even surprise me if Carlo’s Real got the upper hand. We will see.

As for Messi he is in a acclimation mode and despite his natural decline and age, he will most likely leave his mark soon on a more consistent basis. Would not bet on him winning the CL in the next 2 seasons though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans