Lionel Messi - v7

Richard.H

"Once upon a time I attended a game for Barcelona and out of excitement I told my older brother I would suck Messi cock if I saw him in person. Today I say I would bite it off." - kattanib

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Hardly Messi on his own though is it. What about all the players he has played with many of whom Barca produced. For example I don't think that it is a coincidence that he hasn't won the Champions League without Xavi and Iniesta.

Who gave Messi his career (when many wouldn't) and paid for his treatment when he was a youngster? Without that he would have been nothing. FC Barcelona is an institution that has always stood as much more than just a football club and that institution was huge before Lionel Messi joined and it will still be a huge institution long after he has gone.

Mes Que Un Club

He didnt won the CL because the midfield is trash since Iniesta's departure. He has played like 2015 last season but its not his fault when the defence and midfield are average.

Messigician

!!!!NOTICIA @OndaCero_es que ha tenido acceso a la CL?USULA CLAVE del contrato de Messi y el Barcelona:?Est? indemnizaci?n no aplicar? cuando la resoluci?n del contrato por la decisi?n unilateral del jugador tenga efectos a partir de la finalizaci?n de la temporada 2019/2020?. !!

So 700M not valid.

AlfredoMartinez is a Messi shill

Ignore him paid off to spout pro Messi propaganda

fergus90

There is no such thing as a friendly exit when your last game is an 8-2 thrashing behind closed doors and you stay silent in the aftermath.

Messigician

People earn close salary to him elsewhere doing less than 30% of what his done last 3 years

No lol

Forbes ranked Messi first among athletes on their list of the 100 highest-earning celebrities of 2019, putting his income for the year at $127m (?98m), and fourth overall, making him the best-earning footballer and athlete in the world. He was $18m ahead of Ronaldo and $22m ahead of Neymar, the next athletes on the list.

AURELIUS

^
you do not need to insult anyone to make a point. This very Messi that you are talking of could not do anything with his national team. Please, do not get the worst of us.

He has done plenty with the national side thank you. Revered in Rosario even by the canaries. Not his fault he had Higuain rather than Batigol as his number nine. People like Messigician, Givenchy and others need to realize what Messi realized. That he is not going to win anything further with Barcelona being such a mess. He wants to enhance his legacy and play football in a team capable of winning titles. And at a place with familiar faces. It's a shame it is a club funded by petrodollars but having Qatar support this club is hardly anything to be proud of either. Those moaning minnies demanding Messi stay a slave to the club ? They need to get out more in the real world and understand people have different desires than their own.

People like this need to grow a few brain cells if they are capable of it:
https://twitter.com/GreatWhite_9/status/1299681391467094018

Nazario1985

If this goes to court Barto can regret this :

Bartomeu (September 2019): “Messi has a four year contract that we signed two years ago, and in the last year of his contract, the 2020/21 season, he has the option to leave Bar?a before the season starts.”

Also :

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">✅ CONFIRMED by <a href="https://twitter.com/OndaCero_es?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@OndaCero_es</a>. <a href="https://t.co/eO5qVY9jfZ">https://t.co/eO5qVY9jfZ</a></p>— Man City Report (@cityreport_) <a href="https://twitter.com/cityreport_/status/1300101453894344705?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pedro

La Masia
The key clause in Lionel Messi's contract does indeed state that the player can leave at the end of the 2019/20 season if he wishes, without the need of a release clause.

[
@Alfremartinezz

Newcomer

And many other players had their contracts extended as per FIFA recomendation duo to COVID.

What I am saying is, Messi got this clause for a reason. Guy has spearheaded Barcelona that went from big club to biggest club. Scored 600 goals for us. Won 80% of ALL of our CLs. Won 40% of our La Ligas, 6x Bdor and 6x pichici (assist leader as well). Basically, for Barca he was god incarnated, and for a good reason.

He is 33 and Barca is in ruins (financial, sporting wise) and he has no time to rebuild with this club, that page is over. We know we wont contend next year, we know he will leave for free in 9 months, we know he had clause that in normal, non covid season, would result in him going out of the club 100% without us being unable to do anything. Yet, we are pushing literal word of law and telling this guy we will sit him for 9 months and he can go for free because otherwise he js not going.

Thats what I have problem with. Comparing Messi at Barca with Werners and other muppets is laughable. If we somehow "win this" we get unhappy club legend that will tarnish club/player relationship and go to other club for free in less then a year.

They didn't have their contracts extended magically by UEFA or FIFA. It needed agreement from both sides (players + club).
PSG lost several players (Cavani, Kouassi and Meunier) due to their contracts ending at the regular date and not being virtually extended by Covid situation.

Here, there was no agreement between Bar?a or Messi to modify the contract.

blaugrana1987

He has done plenty with the national side thank you. Revered in Rosario even by the canaries. Not his fault he had Higuain rather than Batigol as his number nine. People like Messigician, Givenchy and others need to realize what Messi realized. That he is not going to win anything further with Barcelona being such a mess. He wants to enhance his legacy and play football in a team capable of winning titles. And at a place with familiar faces. It's a shame it is a club funded by petrodollars but having Qatar support this club is hardly anything to be proud of either. Those moaning minnies demanding Messi stay a slave to the club ? They need to get out more in the real world and understand people have different desires than their own.

People like this need to grow a few brain cells if they are capable of it:
https://twitter.com/GreatWhite_9/status/1299681391467094018
But he has only been here since he was 12!? Surely he can go for 3-4 more years while we rebuild with bartoshitmeu and then go somewhere?

soul24rage

It has been confirmed in articles in 2018 but not been mentioned thus far since this case has come to light. Bartomeu speech alluded to it when he mentioned like Xavi and Iniesta. So the precedent is set with them and they moved to Asian leagues.

So I do not know if it is verbal or in writing but we would be very poor (and the law firm too) to not get this in writing- although there is a precedent with Xavi and Iniesta who could testify this.

I don't think the clause can be bogus or bullshit as it is in accordance to a very specific situation. Again, if Messi lawyer fight against this clause then they also fight against themselves, as they are the one who validated this contract as they worked for FC Barcelona at the time. So if this clause is bogus then the other part of the clause is also bogus (the option to leave for free). You can't accept one yet reject the other.

Either the club's lawyers or Messi's lawyers will get embarrassed badly if the 'non-competing team clause' is the tipping point.

I'm hoping that going to court will not happen.

Home of Barca Fans