Lionel Messi - v7

soul24rage

This is the point and intention of the clause. A goodwill clause to move for free at the end of career to a non competing club. It's been mentioned as such since 2017/2018.

This part keeps getting ignored.

Has this been confirmed though?

I also heard that he can leave the club for free to a non-European club, but not to a European club. Not sure if that part is in the contract.

Messi's lawyers can't be that stupid for thinking he can leave for free if that is true.

blaugrana1987

I support FC Barcelona not FC Lionel Messi. FC Barcelona is far far bigger than Lionel Messi ever will be. Messi did not make Barcelona and him leaving will not destroy it. It was FC Barcelona who made Messi what he was. That's why he has always been a shadow of the player on the international stage.

Because they respected the club and it's supporters. Messi's main interest is his bank balance.
Thats factually incorrect. Both were winners of Messi Barca relationship, but Barca went from big club to biggest club. From 1CL to 5CL and 50% more La Liga titles vs 100 years of no Messi. Barca made much more from Messi then they gave back, that is a fact.

blaugrana1987

People saying Bartomeu should start negotiations, negotiate what exactly? There were no formal offers from any club and Messi wants to leave for free relying on an expired clause. Messi and his new club are the ones who should start negotiations not Barca.
MD reported we are not going to answer any offer anyway

akaranzo

Messi is really acting as a prick right now. I am truly disappointed by him. We should insist on 150 + Garcia. Or 100 + Bernardo + Garcia. Fucking City can't get him for free! What's even worse is the fact that he is our captain.

How the hell is he acting like a prick? He has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave and he wants to use it. It's Bartomeu who's being a prick by trying to lie and scheme so that Messi has to stay at the club against his will. We should just accept the fact that our best player wants to go and there is no fucking point in putting a bunch of barriers in front of that in hopes that he somehow stays. He's not staying, he's done with this club and he wants to spend his final few seasons somewhere else. Just let him do that and move on to rebuild ourselves.

Newcomer

Entire point of clause is to be there after season ends. Could very easily turn to court interpeting this as "spirit of law" as COVID19 threw world in spin and resulted in August being the end of season.

Our reasoning was clear, thats why most look at Barca as cluprit here. Give legend a door to leave for free in his last year of contract after season ends. Since season ended in August we should honor it, but we are not because Barto never expected he would go anyway, as he said in the video.

He wants to go out, he is in twilight of his career and barca needs complete rebuild. He has 33 and 9 months on his contract, as well as written guarantee we will let him go for free at the end of season (that is 30th of June).

We did not honor it. Worst of all, Barto doesnt even entertain negotiating at all so its us being 2x as shitty.

Basically we are telling him : "Exact date was 30th of June and you HAVE to stay for another year. We wont negotiate on this".

Messi is saying : "30th was there because 30th is after the end of the season, which duo to COVID was August, therefore I have right to excercise it now".

This will go to court, and if I am judge I would rule in Messi favor. Not because I hate rat, but because everyone is clearly aware of what COVID did to world, and football obvioisly, but also becuase its clear that spirit of law makes much more sense then literal letter of law in such situation where entire world stopped for 3 months.

Court could ask Barca if contract date was meant explicitly as end of the season, which is obvious, it was made so that contract can be terminated before his last year starts and after season before has ended.

Other clubs and players have acted according to their contracts and not according to Covid moving specific dates written in their contracts.

Why did Werner leave Leipzig to join Chelsea when the season had not yet ended due to COVID ?

Because he had a clause in his contract which had to be exercised at a specific time frame. Chelsea had to use that clause and the player was de facto not a Leipzig player anymore.
If it was so clear cut as ruling for the spirit of the law, Leipzig would have moved the clause to the new end of the COVID season, kept its player for the end of the CL and Chelsea would have bought it later on.

This is not what happened. Which means Bar?a does have a very reasonable claim.

xxxxxx

How the hell is he acting like a prick? He has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave and he wants to use it. It's Bartomeu who's being a prick by trying to lie and scheme so that Messi has to stay at the club against his will. We should just accept the fact that our best player wants to go and there is no fucking point in putting a bunch of barriers in front of that in hopes that he somehow stays. He's not staying, he's done with this club and he wants to spend his final few seasons somewhere else. Just let him do that and move on to rebuild ourselves.

These guys will be the first ones to call Messi a traitor as soon as he leaves.

He earned his right to leave the club. If he wants to compete at the very highest level whilst he still has time left, I'm going to wish him the best.

xxxxxx

Other clubs and players have acted according to their contracts and not according to Covid moving specific dates written in their contracts.

Why did Werner leave Leipzig to join Chelsea when the season had not yet ended due to COVID ?

Because he had a clause in his contract which had to be exercised at a specific time frame. Chelsea had to use that clause and the player was de facto not a Leipzig player anymore.
If it was so clear cut as ruling for the spirit of the law, Leipzig would have moved the clause to the new end of the COVID season, kept its player for the end of the CL and Chelsea would have bought it later on.

You know damn well this isn't the same thing.

The Barcelona board and Messi both have cases. If Messi didn't have a case, he wouldn't have missed the tests today. He's been advised by his lawyers to stay away from the club until this is all sorted. They must know his exit clause still stands. Barcelona is using an exit clause before COVID. As I said, both parties have a case.

Thats factually incorrect. Both were winners of Messi Barca relationship, but Barca went from big club to biggest club. From 1CL to 5CL and 50% more La Liga titles vs 100 years of no Messi. Barca made much more from Messi then they gave back, that is a fact.

Hardly Messi on his own though is it. What about all the players he has played with many of whom Barca produced. For example I don't think that it is a coincidence that he hasn't won the Champions League without Xavi and Iniesta.

Who gave Messi his career (when many wouldn't) and paid for his treatment when he was a youngster? Without that he would have been nothing. FC Barcelona is an institution that has always stood as much more than just a football club and that institution was huge before Lionel Messi joined and it will still be a huge institution long after he has gone.

Mes Que Un Club

blaugrana1987

And many other players had their contracts extended as per FIFA recomendation duo to COVID.

What I am saying is, Messi got this clause for a reason. Guy has spearheaded Barcelona that went from big club to biggest club. Scored 600 goals for us. Won 80% of ALL of our CLs. Won 40% of our La Ligas, 6x Bdor and 6x pichici (assist leader as well). Basically, for Barca he was god incarnated, and for a good reason.

He is 33 and Barca is in ruins (financial, sporting wise) and he has no time to rebuild with this club, that page is over. We know we wont contend next year, we know he will leave for free in 9 months, we know he had clause that in normal, non covid season, would result in him going out of the club 100% without us being unable to do anything. Yet, we are pushing literal word of law and telling this guy we will sit him for 9 months and he can go for free because otherwise he js not going.

Thats what I have problem with. Comparing Messi at Barca with Werners and other muppets is laughable. If we somehow "win this" we get unhappy club legend that will tarnish club/player relationship and go to other club for free in less then a year.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi couldn't care less about a friendly exit and he doesn't care about the club or the fans. All he wants to do is get out of honouring his contract so that he can get a free transfer that allows him to earn even more oil money. Once an offer of ?150 Million is made by Man City then let him go. FC Barcelona always has been and always will be far far bigger than Lionel Messi.

Come on bro thats not true, he carried Barca since Neymar's departure on his own. City and Paris have already made offers for him 2-3 years ago and although he could have earn much more money he rejected.

Porque

Has this been confirmed though?

I also heard that he can leave the club for free to a non-European club, but not to a European club. Not sure if that part is in the contract.

Messi's lawyers can't be that stupid for thinking he can leave for free if that is true.

It has been confirmed in articles in 2018 but not been mentioned thus far since this case has come to light. Bartomeu speech alluded to it when he mentioned like Xavi and Iniesta. So the precedent is set with them and they moved to Asian leagues.

So I do not know if it is verbal or in writing but we would be very poor (and the law firm too) to not get this in writing- although there is a precedent with Xavi and Iniesta who could testify this.

I don't think the clause can be bogus or bullshit as it is in accordance to a very specific situation. Again, if Messi lawyer fight against this clause then they also fight against themselves, as they are the one who validated this contract as they worked for FC Barcelona at the time. So if this clause is bogus then the other part of the clause is also bogus (the option to leave for free). You can't accept one yet reject the other.

blaugrana1987

!!!!NOTICIA @OndaCero_es que ha tenido acceso a la CL?USULA CLAVE del contrato de Messi y el Barcelona:?Est? indemnizaci?n no aplicar? cuando la resoluci?n del contrato por la decisi?n unilateral del jugador tenga efectos a partir de la finalizaci?n de la temporada 2019/2020?. !!

So 700M not valid.

Home of Barca Fans