Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

Of course everybody wants him. It's only certified morons like Richard H, serghei or JamDav1982 that think Messi wouldn't get into any football team on this planet.
B-b-but they are running at City, Messi doesn't do that. B-b-but where will KDB play? :lol:

Narative of these morons switched pretty fast from Messi is the cancer of this club and has to go, to Messi can't speak any English and he will fail at City :lol:

Pipe down you mink and stop being your usual moronic self making things up.

Textbook Messi fanboy that will be hoping Barca collapse next season to prove Barca would be challenging for Europa without him.

khaled_a_d

Another thing that has not been discussed in this thread is the amount of potential advertising and marketing money that will be lost if he's gone. Without Messi, we are basically a Sevilla/Valencia level team when it comes to attracting sponsors.

As I mentioned above, older players in this club makes us money.
We don't have the biggest wage bill in comparison to club income. Why? because those players play a huge role in our revenue.
Messi leads that by far, but others like Suarez/Busquets who are recognized names from golden era, and new big names like Griezmann are the reason for it.

The first real drama i recall was when Barto was accused of using i3 ventures in a campaign against certain key players. I can't remember Messi or Pique saying much about that tbh. The whole story around that was blurry. After that there was the huge rift with Abidal after he called out the players for not working hard enough. That caused a HUGE backlash especially with the seniors. Around that time Valverde got dismissed aswell and that didn't sit well with them. That's when the board started to rock the boat.

This is the answer.
there was problems, but it is another thing when you take it to the public.

Hot take: With most amigos out and squad being rejuvenated with a few signings, we will do much better than everyone expects. Each player will be fighting for their spot, pressing, and running at least 10 km a match. We will fight madrid until last match day and will go out in QF of CL by only a goal or two margin.

Koeman is a decent coach, but he is also not a great one.
It is very rare nowadays that a coach suddenly reaches the level for top clubs at late 50's.
He will be without our top 2 scorers, one of them is our greatest passer too.
The new wave of players are either too young, or questionable.
More important, team will still lack a lot of needed qualities. No explosive wingers, no quick CB, no spoiler in midfield. Questionable full backs too. Doubt most of those will be addressed in this transfer market.

Koeman might've lost the players trust already. If he implied that some players will lose their privileges, then Messi and every other player in this team has the right to be mad at him.

Even if it's plainly obvious that some players might have privileges, you can't say something like that to the team that you're about to coach.

Last edited:

Mrgandalf

Curious member
Koeman might've lost the players trust already. If he implied that some players will lose their privileges, then Messi and every other player in this team has the right to be mad at him.

Even if it's plainly obvious that some players might have privileges, you can't say something like that to the team that you're about to coach.
Ofcourse you can.

Raketa10

After a good night sleep I came to following conclusions:

1. The way he acted is bellow any normal level. I agree that he gave everything to the club but this is his home. He should have communicated this in a much different way and before the season has ended. If he really wanted to leave because of sporting reasons he would have done that before. In this way it's clear he is doing this because Amigos are being thrown out of the window.

2. By acting like this he unfortunately ruined part of his legacy here. He should have followed steps of Xavi and Iniesta and acted like they did when they left.

3. Wherever he goes he will never have the treatment he had here for so many years. Furthermore, he is 33y old so he maybe has only 2 or 3 seasons left in him. He is not getting any younger and consequently those few years he has left probably won't be on the level of 2018/19 when he won his last Ballon d'Or.

4. I honestly don't know where will he go. If he goes to City Pep will lose his power in the locker room. If he goes to PSG how the hell will they play with Neymar, Messi and Mbappe. Neymar went to PSG to get away from him and now he might join him?! If he goes to Inter he could easily end up without any trophy in his last 3 years. If he goes to MUN than he is an idiot as they are in a worse condition than Barca.

With all that in mind I sincerely believe he made a HUGE mistake by acting like a spoiled brat. I love him and he is indisputable GOAT in my eyes but he acted like a PRIME prick this time. In the end, there is no coming back after this. This was not the way to do it Leo. It's not how the greatest ever and a Barca captain should behave.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Koeman might've lost the players trust already. If he implied that some players will lose their privileges, then Messi and every other player in this team are right to be mad at him.

Why not?
If you want privileges you need to work for them. This stupid board and stupid Barto were too soft on these seniors. Now after the Bayern humiliation clown Barto wakes up and gets a coach with balls to read the root act. Messi and Co sulk and want to leave and take their ball with them. IMO they can take Barto with them too.
What a bunch of fucking divas! ��

JohnN

Sent the fax 20th of August, one day after Koeman is appointed. Obviously, didn't just make that up in half a day, so it was been worked on by lawyers for at least some days. Before anyone was told to leave, but after bartos comments for Bayern match.
Is this timeline hard to follow for some?

Barcilliant

After a good night sleep I came to following conclusions:

1. The way he acted is bellow any normal level. I agree that he gave everything to the club but this is his home. He should have communicated this in a much different way and before the season has ended. If he really wanted to leave because of sporting reasons he would have done that before. In this way it's clear he is doing this because Amigos are being thrown out of the window.

2. By acting like this he unfortunately ruined part of his legacy here. He should have followed steps of Xavi and Iniesta and acted like they did when they left.

3. Wherever he goes he will never have the treatment he had here for so many years. Furthermore, he is 33y old so he maybe has only 2 or 3 seasons left in him. He is not getting any younger and consequently those few years he has left probably won't be on the level of 2018/19 when he won his last Ballon d'Or.

4. I honestly don't know where will he go. If he goes to City Pep will lose his power in the locker room. If he goes to PSG how the hell will they play with Neymar, Messi and Mbappe. Neymar went to PSG to get away from him and now he might join him?! If he goes to Inter he could easily end up without any trophy in his last 3 years. If he goes to MUN than he is an idiot as they are in a worse condition than Barca.

With all that in mind I sincerely believe he made a HUGE mistake by acting like a spoiled brat. I love him and he is indisputable GOAT in my eyes but he acted like a PRIME prick this time. In the end, there is no coming back after this. This was not the way to do it Leo. It's not how the greatest ever and a Barca captain should behave.

Well said. After Roma debacle we should have started heads rolling beginning with Shitverde and Shitkitic. The amigos should have been put on notice. After Anfield we should have gone for a deep clean telling the seniors in no uncertain terms that time is up. This purge has come late and that's the problem. Media and other candidates acting like Messi and amigos are saints. This is power play by Messi. Let's see what happens!

clemente

It will be great at City, if he was lazy in trainings here, at City he will 100% work his ass off in trainings, whih might revive his work rate

Ritchie

Well said. After Roma debacle we should have started heads rolling beginning with Shitverde and Shitkitic. The amigos should have been put on notice. After Anfield we should have gone for a deep clean telling the seniors in no uncertain terms that time is up. This purge has come late and that's the problem. Media and other candidates acting like Messi and amigos are saints. This is power play by Messi. Let's see what happens!

The worst thing was the titles in 2018 and 2019 papered over all the cracks (ironically Messi was the difference between Barca winning those titles and Real winning them). It's took a trophy free season along with an even bigger CL humiliation for things to come to a head.

Why not?
If you want privileges you need to work for them. This stupid board and stupid Barto were too soft on these seniors. Now after the Bayern humiliation clown Barto wakes up and gets a coach with balls to read the root act. Messi and Co sulk and want to leave and take their ball with them. IMO they can take Barto with them too.
What a bunch of fucking divas! ��

Because he doesn't have any proof whatsoever about any players having privileges. He didn't witness anything either. In fact, he doesn't know shit about about the players (at least not closely).

It's not smart to imply to the captain of the team you're about to coach that some players have privileges. That is just dumb. Like I said, he might've already lost the players trust.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

I wonder how much they thought this through, if they already have a concrete plan in mind. Like i get being disappointed and angry with the board and how things are going but realistically, is it really gonna be better in Paris, Manchester or Mailand or wherever he can go to? Honestly between these options that are floating around i don't see him win anything important.

PepxMessi reunion might seem like a dream on paper but at this point in time i don't really see it working out. Still probably the most attractive option though. What else, try to maybe snatch a title off Juve with Inter? Farm some ligue titles with PSG? He won't win the CL there either.

Depending on where he goes (if he really leaves) it'll say a lot about his motivations. If he joins another club just to not win shit with a different team then it clearly wasn't mainly about the "project" of Barca.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Because he doesn't have any proof whatsoever about any players having privileges. He didn't witness anything either. In fact, he doesn't know shit about about the players (at least not closely).

It's not smart to imply to the captain of the team you're about to coach that some players have privileges. That is just dumb. Like I said, he might've already lost the players trust.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been that blunt with Messi. He probably said that Messi would have to work hard and track back. This sent Messi into a fit. Remember Setien and Shitverde had no authority. They were just figure heads. Koeman has been given the authority and the seniors are no longer sacred cows like they used to be.

Home of Barca Fans