Lionel Messi - v7

Centauri B

we had many chances to finish liverpool but could not convert properly.
the game vs roma we didnt have a chance.

We did finish Liverpool. 3-0 is an insurmountable lead. The bookies were paying 20/1 for Pool to go through. But yes, we could have finished them even more. That we imploded so badly in the second leg was an accident of nature and stupidity on our part, nothing more.

Centauri B

Roma game was different. That was utter shitshow, we havent had a clear chance at all if i remember correctly. But at anfield was a pure example how shit our finishing is beside messi. If we had griez that game im sure as hell he wouldnt fucked it up. Or would he?

About tactics, spot on. Inter game is the clear guidance how we should play away games. Im not gonna shit on ernie right now, its christmas(merry christmas to all of you lads) and let him have his day. But.. Again, that was a hell of a cl campaign from messi. Lets hope for another one!

The problem with Roma was that we utterly underestimated them over both legs. As soon as the draw came out, we all thought (fans, players, club) that we were through to the semis. We played badly in the first leg and Roma were very dangerous, yet we came out 4-1 winners, something that enhanced our arrogance instead of ringing the alarm bells. I think we have a long history of underestimating Italian teams and overestimating English teams during the past decade and a half. We must not do the same with Napoli.

Vilarrubi

Yeah the money we missed out on for missing Semi's and Final would have been at least 20-25m. Not a chance it was match fixed.

vegitot

it is true that we underestimated roma. we also claimed that we would not repeat the mistake against liverpool after 3-0 win.
so even we had many chances against liverpool compared to roma,that loss is somewhat more unacceptable

HSGM

Great season by Messi, shame that his last prime years are being ruined by Valverde.

Same could be said about Cristiano.

Ritchie

I told myself i'd never watch that game, not even highlights. But man, liverpool actually was not that good at all. What bums like suarez, alba and whoever was in clear chances missed was unbelievable, messi should have 3 assists that night. Ffs

That's the mad thing about it. Liverpool had played away in Barca on the Wednesday and away at Newcastle on Saturday night with the return leg on Tuesday. Barca had played at home on the Wednesday, rested everyone at the weekend and had near enough a full team for Anfield.

Liverpool turned up knackered, full of injuries and demoralised as City beating Leicester the night before ended their title hopes near enough and they'd just lost the first leg 3-0. All Barca had to do was score and it was game over and Barca created the better chances first half. THen Robertson went off injured as well.

Barca froze in the second half rather than just finish Liverpool off.

Messigician

Lautaro Martinez (22) in talk with Manchester City & Real Madrid C.F. as Leo Messi has stood in the way of FC Barcelona's interest as he does not want him to replace his close friend Luis Suarez. [ElDesmarque]

Lautaro Martinez (22) in talk with Manchester City & Real Madrid C.F. as Leo Messi has stood in the way of FC Barcelona's interest as he does not want him to replace his close friend Luis Suarez. [ElDesmarque]

Personally dont believe this but if its true that's what the forum wants isn't it. Everyone here wants him to exercise his power off the pitch , like getting Valverde sacked for example so this is Great news. Let's hope Messi will also bring down the price of the new kit for next season as well because I fancy the new kit. Keep it up Leo. Captain, Leader, Chairman.

JohnN

Damn I wish I was a news reporter. Pulling shit out of my ass and making a living out of it.

Home of Barca Fans