Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

looool, look at you, for days you were adamant that messi would stay, 100% confidence, and now that your naive little world is collapsing around you you lash out with vengefulness, :lol:

He will still stay lmfao

He will just hurt his legacy by acting like a spoiled brat

JamDav1982

This is the payback for what Barca did on the transfer market the last years.

You remember how Barca managed to get Dembele ? Pushing him to not participate to trainings with Borussia ? Messi is doing the same thing.
Barca did the same with many other players... Verratti. This is the payback. There is always a payback.

Not related in slightest and all top clubs do that type of thing anyway.

Ignorance is when made out only Barca do it.

fergus90

This is the payback for what Barca did on the transfer market the last years.

You remember how Barca managed to get Dembele ? Pushing him to not participate to trainings with Borussia ? Messi is doing the same thing.
Barca did the same with many other players... Verratti. This is the payback. There is always a payback.

All that talk of clubs pushing players to skip training is a load of bollocks. It's just emotional young footballers who sulk when their club says no to them leaving. It's happened in a lot of clubs and has done for ages. Dwight Yorke refused to play for Villa before we sold him to United in 1998, nothing new there.

BBZ8800

Yes, all for a good cause. Guess who is the biggest reason this club is racking 1B dollars in revenue? You think Barto doesnt know that people will turn of their TVs once they saw shitty Barca without Messi? You are kidding yourself. Barca is ABSOLUTE net winner in Messi Barca relationship. Not that Messi didnt profit, but sell him in 2005 to any other top club, will Messi be Messi? Most certainly. Will Barca go on to be this Barca? Fuck no.

I watched Barca during fckng Rochemback, Petit, Christanval and Gerard.

I will surely watch Frenkie, Cou, Trincao and other guys.

This is not FC Messi but Fc Barcelona.
Messi was awesome but that is life.
He would be gone soon either way due to age.

We survived after Cruijff, Maradona, Romario, R9, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho.
We will survive and watch our tvs even after Messi.

Some bandwagon fans won't, but who cares?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like the board started paying for bots again.

EgnJGBPWsAA7pge

xxxxxx

Apparently the board are going to take 25% of his salary for the week if he misses training on Monday. Poor Messi will have to suffer on 750,000 instead.

Devils

Apparently the board are going to take 25% of his salary for the week if he misses training on Monday. Poor Messi will have to suffer on 750,000 instead.

It should be 100%.

If Messi believes his contract is done and there is no point in training or PCR testing, then he shouldn't be accepting money from Barca.

blaugrana1987

People like you will turn off their tvs.

Messi fanboys dissapearing is inevitable now or few years time.
Nah, I am Barca fan from 98 when my father bought me Rivaldos jersey. Only way I am turning of Barca game is if Messi stays. Once he goes I will turn it back on.

You on the other end, might dissapear after Barto steps down.

blaugrana1987

Not related in slightest and all top clubs do that type of thing anyway.

Ignorance is when made out only Barca do it.
Yes everyone is against Barca, it cannot be our problem. 1B in revenue, 5 years without CL, bad transfers, no sporting project. Just lackluster, but considering rats which sit on the board its not even bad.

Porque

I been digging for articles in 2018 which talk about Messi new contract, his buyout clause and his clause to leave for free. After reading up, I now think that releasing him for free is out of the question. It is clear that what Messi intends to do, is against the reason for the clause being in his contract.

Here are some points about the current situation
-There is definitely an option to leave his free by a certain date in June 2020. This is mentioned and Bartomeu mentioned it in interviews.
-Every article mentions that the clause is specifically to leave to a non-elite club, deciphered as any club outside the top 5. I'm going to assume that this is written into the contract. We would be fools to have not to, and it being a spoken gentlemens agreement.

So here is where it gets Messi. And the more you look at all points objectively, the less you will see that we can budge and let Messi leave for free. This is not a matter of goodwill anymore.
1) If Messi is arguing to be released for free then his representatives are saying that the clause to leave is valid.
2) If his clause to leave is valid then it means that the clause that it must be to a non-elite club is also valid. They can not argue for one clause to be accepted and another to be rejected in the same contract.
3) But if they are. Here is Messi big mistake. He is being represented by the same firm that was representing Barcelona and vetting our renewal contract with Messi. That means they are arguing against themselves and that the contracts that they write are not completely legally valid.
4) Given the above, Messi has no legal right to be in contact with Man City which would be a breach of contract. Which is why Bartomeu is stating that Messi can only leave by buyout clause. Because even if Messi were to leave, the option can not be Man City. The only way Man City can buy Messi is formally negotiating with the club.
5) There is a precedent of how this agreement works with Iniesta and Xavi. Both moved outside of an elite club/league when activating this agreement. Messi contracted clause was based off of these two's activated contract clauses. If worst comes to it, then both would have to testify.

So that is the jist of what is going on. It is not just about the free release clause activation date and whether it moves back because of Covid, but also about the clause of where he can move, and if it comes to it possibly who Messi has chosen to represent him. How can they argue against there own clauses.

In the end both sides are playing one game in the media and another behind the scenes. Man City will know they have to be careful how they approach this and if they definately are interested will have to table a proper offer as he will not move to them for free- unless Barcelona completely cave in to Messi. Which they shouldn't because he is trying to do something that is completely in opposite of why that clause is even in the contract.

So right now it is in the interest of FC Barcelona for Bartomeu (as much as we hate him) to say that Messi has a clause of 700m and that's that, both for the actual negotiation with Man City (if/when it starts) and for Messi so it states categorically that we count him as currently still our employee and that we are not actively trying to deny his release because we are instead trying to sell him (ie. so it is absolutely legally clear that Messi is forcing to go and that Man City's interest came to us).

Last edited:

blaugrana1987

I watched Barca during fckng Rochemback, Petit, Christanval and Gerard.

I will surely watch Frenkie, Cou, Trincao and other guys.

This is not FC Messi but Fc Barcelona.
Messi was awesome but that is life.
He would be gone soon either way due to age.

We survived after Cruijff, Maradona, Romario, R9, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho.
We will survive and watch our tvs even after Messi.

Some bandwagon fans won't, but who cares?
Yes and I watched it since 98'. I am talking about sporting and financial side, marketing and hype that Messi brings. Real Madrid has fallen slightly since Messi has gone but they replaced Ronaldo and have finances on lock, we are a mess. Messi goes and our revenue will skydive. Obviously club knows Messi brings $$$, not Frenkie or Trincao (insert Conor Mcgregor who the fook is that guy here).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans