Lionel Messi - v7

eaman

That was good defending from Matip at 1.32. Just got his long leg to it. And there were too many players in the way for Messi to shoot with his right. I saw a different angle of it and there were 3 blocking that side of the goal. And yes it would have been called back for offside anyway

clemente

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgXGjgbUC-E

Look at 1:20, 1:32, 5:14

Three good chances, normally you have to score atleast one. But he was still Barcas best player that night.

1:20 a good chance :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lets say we take top 50 attacking footballers and give them that chance, probably only Messi even puts it on target, and still made Allison make a save.
the 5:14 he literally has no angle, and there are players already closed down, I don't understand how you want him to score? chip? through the legs? He tried that. I don't get how is it a good chance to you? What is a bad chance then?

serghei

Lol, in half of those highlights he is wandering in the center circle. No wonder we are 0-16 in the games that kicked us out from CL.

Can't believe him and the managers can be that stupid as to not understand he is a last third player that shouldn't be staying 50m. away from goal that often. He is even going to execute corners from the left side now. Lol, like what the fuck?!

Does he have like any position at all or he's just wandering wherever he wants causing positional imbalances and a terrible shape?

The real leaders of this team were the likes of Puyol, Alves, Abidal, Mascherano, Xavi. The current veteran players aren't strong characters. No wonder they accept and even publicly support a pussy like Valverde. They don't want to be the absolute best and win above all, they want to be comfortable, play games in training session and laugh when they make a nutmeg or two. All while earning more money than ever.

Extremely disappointing to see.

This is how Cristiano Ronaldo will probably retire with a greater career than Messi, benefiting from half the talent. Hard work, motivation, winner mentality. He got in conflict with mediocre Benitez very very fast when he saw he didn't have the same qualities. Meanwhile, Messi was hugging Valverde's balls, who's an even worse manager than Benitez.

One doesn't stand mediocrity, the other has no problem with it.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Lol, in half of those highlights he is wandering in the center circle. No wonder we are 0-16 in the games that kicked us out from CL.

Can't believe him and the managers can be that stupid as to not understand he is a last third player that shouldn't be staying 50m. away from goal that often. He is even going to execute corners from the left side now. Lol, like what the fuck?!

Does he have like any position at all or he's just wandering wherever he wants causing positional imbalances and a terrible shape?

The real leaders of this team were the likes of Puyol, Alves, Abidal, Mascherano, Xavi. The current veteran players aren't strong characters. No wonder they accept and even publicly support a pussy like Valverde. They don't want to be the absolute best and win above all, they want to be comfortable, play games in training session and laugh when they make a nutmeg or two. All while earning more money than ever.

Extremely disappointing to see.

This is how Cristiano Ronaldo will probably retire with a greater career than Messi, benefiting from half the talent. Hard work, motivation, winner mentality. He got in conflict with mediocre Benitez very very fast.

I think the current group of seniors is arguably as spineless in terms of motivation and leadership as the Galactico era Madrid (post 2002) which had embarrassment after embarrassment in the CL.

Valverde is an absolute detriment but we've had 0 goal scored shutouts under Lucho (2nd,3rd season), Tata, and Tito. Basically ever since we were without a strong coach the seniors have served up nothing but garbage collectively in high intensity CL games.

Looking back, 2015 seems like a such a miracle. Motivated and fired up peak Messi, hungry Suarez, peak Neymar. I'm glad we had that super dominant treble season or people would be starting to view Barca a peg below Real again (we're approaching there again if we keep up this CL fuckery).

serghei

I think the current group of seniors is arguably as spineless in terms of motivation and leadership as the Galactico era Madrid (post 2002) which had embarrassment after embarrassment in the CL.

Valverde is an absolute detriment but we've had 0 goal scored shutouts under Lucho (2nd,3rd season), Tata, and Tito. Basically ever since we were without a strong coach the seniors have served up nothing but garbage collectively in high intensity CL games.

Looking back, 2015 seems like a such a miracle. Motivated and fired up peak Messi, hungry Suarez, peak Neymar. I'm glad we had that super dominant treble season or people would be starting to view Barca a peg below Real again (we're approaching there again if we keep up this CL fuckery).

Yes, but those 4 managers were decent at best, some mediocre even. It's not exactly a gallery of top managers. Lucho barely lasted a year at Roma, and was okay but not marvelous or anything at Celta. He didn't get a top job at a big club after Barcelona.

Martino has no results and credentials in Europe, Tito was an assistant manager after all. Valverde is pretty obviously a Bilbao level manager, pretty much like Marcelino Garcia from Valencia.

Spineless coward veterans + spineless coward manager = back to back embarrassments in Europe. I bet they could go for 3/3 next year.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Yes, but those 4 managers were decent at best, some mediocre even. It's not exactly a gallery of top managers. Lucho barely lasted a year at Roma, and was okay but not marvelous or anything at Celta. He didn't get a top job at a big club after Barcelona.

Martino has no results and credentials in Europe, Tito was an assistant manager after all. Valverde is pretty obviously a Bilbao level manager, pretty much like Marcelino Garcia from Valencia.

we're arguing the same thing, I think. I'm saying these players (Messi, Busquets, Pique, Suarez, Alba, Rakitic (lol that he even has influence)) need a strong manager because the average-weak ones let them do as they want and that's been the source of these 0 goal shitshows across the years.

serghei

we're arguing the same thing, I think. I'm saying these players (Messi, Busquets, Pique, Suarez, Alba, Rakitic (lol that he even has influence)) need a strong manager because the average-weak ones let them do as they want and that's been the source of these 0 goal shitshows across the years.

For sure, need a strong character who will either fix their attitude or tell them to get lost and find themselves some other teams. For this you need a better president than Bartomeu that's for sure. Bartomeu, Valverde, and the veterans are the cut from the same cloth. No wonder the club de amigos and Bartomeu back Valverde. He's the ideal manager for them.

Quiet guy, that does a decent enough job minus the usual yearly humiliation, and doesn't rock the boat and allows them to keep being complacent while cashing in their undeserved huge salaries.

We are a solid 7/10 as a team. We could be 9/10 but we're scared to go for it because we could maybe at worst be a 6/10.

Last edited:

soul24rage

For sure, need a strong character who will either fix their attitude or tell them to get lost and find themselves some other teams. For this you need a better president than Bartomeu that's for sure. Bartomeu, Valverde, and the veterans are the cut from the same cloth. No wonder the club de amigos and Bartomeu back Valverde. He's the ideal manager for them.

Quiet guy, that does a decent enough job minus the usual yearly humiliation, and doesn't rock the boat and allows them to keep being complacent while cashing in their undeserved huge salaries.

We are a solid 7/10 as a team. We could be 9/10 but we're scared to go for it because we could maybe at worst be a 6/10.

You know you have a big problem when your president says that the 18/19 Liga Campaign was an extraordinary campaign against a poor RM and a ATM team who were knocked out in the round of 16 in both CL and Copa del Rey.

2021 can't come soon enough.

serghei

You know you have a big problem when your president says that the 18/19 Liga Campaign was an extraordinary campaign against a poor RM and a ATM team who were knocked out in the round of 16 in both CL and Copa del Rey.

2021 can't come soon enough.

Everybody at this club has pretty low standards. From president to players to a lot of the fans too.

xXKonan

With Messi, there needs to be a middle ground instead of flat out doing whatever he wishes kinda free mode deal thing we have going on.

There needs to be more responsibility in places such as the Midfield, and instead of just "Giving it to Messi" and hope he creates something. The team has had this problem since the decline of Xavi and Iniesta, where the Midfield has slowly become more of a water carrier deal and hoping Messi does all the creating instead.

It worked in the 14/15 because had the likes of Alves, MSN, etc but this is 2019, where we have Fullbacks that aren't Alves level in terms of talent and an aging Suarez and Messi and musical chairs of winger options.

Having good Midfielders also helps, but it also requires an environment to have our Midfielders that can have more responsibility on the ball and instead of just being tasked with giving it to the fullbacks/Messi and just act like makeshift DMs in the middle of the park.

There's nothing wrong with giving the ball to Roberto/Alba/Semedo but we have got to learn passing it wide or to Messi is not always the best solution in hand to bail us out. I mean in the Liverpool game was this in a nutshell when we kept giving the ball to Alba and he was having a torrid time out there as it is.

Home of Barca Fans