Lionel Messi - v7

Ritchie

If he wants 50m+ gross on his next contract extension at age 34 I would sadly let him go.

Only after giving him the greatest send off in football history, but it world be the correct decision.

If he wants to stay around beyond 2021 he needs to be scaled back to 30-35m gross which is around what CR and Neymar currently make.

It's not just the 50 million a year he'll want Suarez still in the team, demand Neymar, have the big say in who the coach is (frauds like Valverde rather than a proper coach)

I can accept Messi having power but his judgement is flawed. He's more interested in playing with his mates than winning the CL.

Raki13

This clause being made public is the beginning of the end for Leo , I think the club are looking to ending his stay.

Donatello

If he wants 50m+ gross on his next contract extension at age 34 I would sadly let him go.

Only after giving him the greatest send off in football history, but it world be the correct decision.

If he wants to stay around beyond 2021 he needs to be scaled back to 30-35m gross which is around what CR and Neymar currently make.

Ronaldo left because of similar circumstances. He wanted a raise but Perez didn't cave in.

I don't know whether it's good or bad idea to give him that extension, but we surely know what happens if you don't have a replacement available soon.

MTL_Barca

This clause being made public is the beginning of the end for Leo , I think the club are looking to ending his stay.

Imagine being the president that lost Messi. Barto might as well just move to a different country then :lol:

It's up to Messi but honestly i don't think he really considers leaving, if anything he'll pressure the board a bit. Actively trying to get him out would be dumb and career suicide for every board member, especially since he wouldn't even leave for a lot of money like Ronaldo but for free.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Or maybe Ronaldo likes a new challenge once in a while and isn't afraid to take one, unlike other players :lol:

Yeah, I guess Paolo Maldini and Francesco Totti were pussies also for staying their entire careers at AC Milan and AS Roma.

Goodbye.

Ritchie

Ronaldo left because of similar circumstances. He wanted a raise but Perez didn't cave in.

I don't know whether it's good or bad idea to give him that extension, but we surely know what happens if you don't have a replacement available soon.

Ronaldo could see the writing on the wall with an ageing team.

Whether Messi would actually leave is doubtful but he'll use the leverage to demand Neymar among other things.

Vilarrubi

Ronaldo could see the writing on the wall with an ageing team.

Whether Messi would actually leave is doubtful but he'll use the leverage to demand Neymar among other things.

Don’t think Ronaldo leaving has benefitted him or Madrid in any way at all, he broke up arguably one of the best footballing relationships in the history of football by leaving. Even with the ageing Madrid side, they had they’re weaknesses and played poor just like they do now.. but that combination of Ronaldo, Benzema, Marcelo, Modric, Kroos was unbelievable.. him leaving made the whole thing collapse. On top of that Ronaldo can no longer stat pad with Juve like he did with Madrid and obviously got kicked out of CL with ease. Think if he’d stayed they could have won another 1 or 2 CLs.

CatalinR10

Point was, Totti never had World Class team and him staying there hurts his legacy, at least in the eyes of others (No Rome fans).

Of course , that's true but Barca being dominated by half of the La Liga teams with Messi coming to the rescue doesn't make Barcelona a truly world class team either.

If he had much control we would never had signed AG and especially Vidal and Firpo who publicly insulted him. Willing to change my mind if anyone can provide any evidence, but I suspect I'll be waiting a while.

Kul_z

If he had much control we would never had signed AG and especially Vidal and Firpo who publicly insulted him. Willing to change my mind if anyone can provide any evidence, but I suspect I'll be waiting a while.

We'd sign di maria or aguero then too. Thats bunch of nonsense. Messi demands this, demands that.

xXKonan

I suspect if there's one player he would push to get back it's probably Neymar and that was it.

But I think he would understand if we couldn't get him back and he will just go back to work and not be bothered about it too much.

Home of Barca Fans