Lionel Messi - v7

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No, he can rescind his contract and then join whichever team he want from the summer of 2020, as reported by El Pais and confirmed by Cadena Ser, Pique and seemingly Bartomeu too. It's something he insisted on as he want to control his own future and presumably put some pressure on the club to keep delivering him a competitive team as multiple reports have stated is the only thing he want from Barcelona.

serghei

put some pressure on the club to keep delivering him a competitive team as multiple reports have stated is the only thing he want from Barcelona.

Lol. That's why he backed Valverde publicly? :lol: Because he wants a competitive team?

Imo, the most important thing for him right now is to be comfortable and live a peaceful life with his family.

DonAK

Lol. That's why he backed Valverde publicly? :lol: Because he wants a competitive team?

Imo, the most important thing for him right now is to be comfortable and live a peaceful life with his family.

Maybe he doesn't want to be a part of taking decisions over specific players or coaches. Anyway I'm not getting into another Messi argument. He was along with Vidal, probably the only two players that really wanted to win the CL last season and worked hard vs Liverpool.

serghei

Maybe he doesn't want to be a part of taking decisions over specific players or coaches. Anyway I'm not getting into another Messi argument. He was along with Vidal, probably the only two players that really wanted to win the CL last season and worked hard vs Liverpool.

Me neither. He is a weak captain though, you have to admit that at least. I admit he was by far our best player in CL, and that he played very very well overall.

He could have put it more neutrally, but he flat out said the manager has no blame and that they would want him to stay. Left nothing doubtful about that. Only way I can explain it is that Valverde is nice to be around. Probably a soft guy who doesn't put too much pressure on them. Perfect for family men like Messi and Suarez, who want a quieter time at the end of their careers.

Last edited:

DonAK

Me neither. He is a weak captain though, you have to admit that at least. I admit he was by far our best player in CL, and that he played very very well overall.

I have said multiple times that this team lacks leadership. No leadership at the managerial position or among the players. Ever since Xavi and Lucho left it's been a free for all with everyone doing whatever they want.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Better fucking be ready for the next game. I'm a Messiholic in desperate need of a fix.

khaled_a_d

No, he can rescind his contract and then join whichever team he want from the summer of 2020, as reported by El Pais and confirmed by Cadena Ser, Pique and seemingly Bartomeu too.

AFAIK Bartou confirmed the "outside of Europe" clause.
And this is barely bews, it was already reported one year ago.

Messi would never leave to Japan/China with his family. The only probability is Argentina.

Based on what? IIRC he cares about marketing himself in China,already has a page on their social media while still no twitter.
We don't know him tbh, and those decisions are usually made just weeks before it is official. May be Messi of 2019 won't do it but that of 2023 would.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I personally think he would only play for Newells if at all he would play for any other club - and regarding the money and all; Messi is well set - he co-owns Sirin Labs, a company that produces blockchain enabled smartphones; has his own chain of watches - Jacob & Messi; has a life long deal with Adidas; Could have numerous other investments that he has made too.

Don Andres playing in Japan - the primary push for him was to market his chain of wine in Japan; Xavi playing in Qatar - again, I doubt he's earned himself as much as Leo for example, so there was more push there.

Yes - money has the pull to get humans to do anything & everything - but, the family man that Leo is, with his study flow of income set for life, I doubt he would leave Barcelona! In fact, after all the heartbreak scenarios he has been through playing for Argentina and still getting blamed for their shit, I doubt he cares anymore to play for Newells either!!

Messigician

🔴 There is a coldness in the relationship between Bartomeu and Messi, because of the president's failure in bringing Neymar back this summer.

🔵 Bartomeu avoided contact with Messi during the UEFA Gala in Monaco last week, and vice versa. The Neymar saga is the most likely reason.

[Cadena SER]

Bartos time is up. No Neymar no party

raskolnikov

🔴 There is a coldness in the relationship between Bartomeu and Messi, because of the president's failure in bringing Neymar back this summer.

🔵 Bartomeu avoided contact with Messi during the UEFA Gala in Monaco last week, and vice versa. The Neymar saga is the most likely reason.

[Cadena SER]

Bartos time is up. No Neymar no party
This means he will go again for Neymar at all costs next summer when he is older. Similair to Griezmann.
We need proper buys and long term vision and a sporting project.
Not buy Neymar for insane prices to please Messi and Barto can reasure his friends get to stay in power in 2021.

Tackle

If he wants 50m+ gross on his next contract extension at age 34 I would sadly let him go.

Only after giving him the greatest send off in football history, but it world be the correct decision.

If he wants to stay around beyond 2021 he needs to be scaled back to 30-35m gross which is around what CR and Neymar currently make.

Home of Barca Fans