Lionel Messi - v7

Rory

I can accept him staying and helping us in rebuild with some obligatory changes to his current untouchable chief Amigo status.

1. follows every tactical instruction.
2. can be subbed in any match.
3. his friends are gone.
4. will have a clearly defined role and will be susceptible to 2) happening if he disrespects that.
5. reduced wages.
6. in the time he is on the field he gives all he can, no more tolerance for extreme laziness.

Too much he has to change about his ways, and doubt he has the mentality and the sacrifice needed for that at this age. So I would move up based on this argument.

Agree with this, last year when he nearly single handedly dragged us to a treble was the last year he can do what he wants. This year we?ve suffered because of it. Next year it can?t continue.

Those blaming him for the board’s decisions are naives.... how on earth i can blame the greatest sportsman ever .... even in the lose he’s alwayour best player and most of the time the best on the field too ....

He can’t face and force the board to make changes ... those who can vote and lives there can do this ....

And I believe if the team decided to sell suarez 3 years ago messi won’t be against that at all .....

Still got 2-3 golden year i hope there a new board and new good players and we can win big time with messi other than that i hope he move to city or even bayern ����*♂️

Kul_z

Backline
Middlefield
Rw Messi Lw

Only formation that could work for next year if we want to compete for anything

Porque

Well if you want to shakeup the whole team then you take out the biggest cog- Messi.

After that all the other pieces become much easier to remove. Suarez, Pique, Busquets, etc.

Not saying it's necessarily the way to go. But after receiving the biggest embarrassment in club football history, the window of opportunity for change is there.

Givenchy

Backline
Middlefield
Rw Messi Lw

Only formation that could work for next year if we want to compete for anything

Messi at false 9/ST won't work. we've seen it before, he drops deep and leaves nobody up front. put him at RW and he drops deep and leaves our right side exposed. doesn't matter how talented a player is, you cant have a player walking around. he doesn't have the workrate to play at CAM/mid and quite honestly i'm sick of our entire formation revolving around a declining 33 year old. even the discussion of needing a work horse to cover for him is ridiculous

His stamina and fitness is shockingly poor, his wages are insane and the magic has dried up. sure he might give us a glimpse of old Messi against a Granada level team but vs the big boys he is totally finished.

if you take a look at the effort and work Ronaldo puts in to stay sharp and at the top and then you watch Messi head down sulking, every dribble is so obvious to the opponent, the Alba connection has been exposed and is so predictable, no fight to win the ball back he lost.. man i can understand Ronaldo fanboys; football is more than just pure talent.

Hardy

after berlin 2015 he has the most miserable streak in international competitions I can remember from an all time great. all those fracaso with poor performance (I can justify him for anfield but not for the others) and lack of leadership will definitely hurt his legacy. Him and this club became literally a meme.

serghei

after berlin 2015 he has the most miserable streak in international competitions I can remember from an all time great. all those fracaso with poor performance (I can justify him for anfield but not for the others) and lack of leadership will definitely hurt his legacy. Him and this club became literally a meme.

Legacy is a fancy made up word though. Anybody who stays around for 15 years at the top of the game will have bad marks and stains on his resume. The best are defined by what they do at their most fruitful period.

People generally understand decline happens to all sports-persons.

Pre-peak 2005-2008

Peak 2008-2015

Post-peak (decline begins to be visible) 2015-2019

Decline 2019-present.

Last edited:

mark1nhu

Legacy is a fancy made up word though. Anybody who stays around for 15 years at the top of the game will have bad marks and stains on his resume. The best are defined by what they do at their most fruitful period.

People generally understand decline happens to all sports-persons.

On top of that, players from the past are usually seen through rose-tinted glasses, so we can expect every flaw from Messi getting buried by his immense achievements.

Xaviniesta

our players need shooting drills

see the way the likes of gnabry, lewa, perisic, muller, etc strike the ball with power and precision

meanwhile our players are merely passing it to the opponent's GK, particularly messi. very infuriating to watch our players shoot like that

jairzinho

W924eFz.jpg

This picture speaks volumes on so many levels.

Kul_z

Messi at false 9/ST won't work. we've seen it before, he drops deep and leaves nobody up front. put him at RW and he drops deep and leaves our right side exposed. doesn't matter how talented a player is, you cant have a player walking around. he doesn't have the workrate to play at CAM/mid and quite honestly i'm sick of our entire formation revolving around a declining 33 year old. even the discussion of needing a work horse to cover for him is ridiculous

His stamina and fitness is shockingly poor, his wages are insane and the magic has dried up. sure he might give us a glimpse of old Messi against a Granada level team but vs the big boys he is totally finished.

if you take a look at the effort and work Ronaldo puts in to stay sharp and at the top and then you watch Messi head down sulking, every dribble is so obvious to the opponent, the Alba connection has been exposed and is so predictable, no fight to win the ball back he lost.. man i can understand Ronaldo fanboys; football is more than just pure talent.

I think you're wrong.

Semedo upamecano alaba alba
De jong
Tiago riqui
Dembele messi fati

Yesterday was a painful example how this barca still has quality behind the line passes but pace is nowhere to be seen.
In this line up you dont build your team around ageing 33 year old but preparing for life after him and more or less easy to replace because you're looking for a striker. and still you can have quality output.

Our major concern is how to get rid of:
Pique, umtiti, rakitic, busquets, vidal, suarez, griezmann, coutinho and all other nowhere close to europe's best in their positions players, and replace them with younger core.

Dembele needs to be injury free to not be considered for transfer list.
Lenglet is a quality option.

But more then anything, we need a fucking coach. Not some small club coach, but a new entry or a already established
world class one.

Our problems dont start and doesnt end with messi.

Board with their idiotic manager appointments are the main reason why we are where we are

Ritchie

His legacy isn't GOAT. He's become a laughing stock.

Home of Barca Fans