Lionel Messi - v7

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I love this guy to death but what the hell is wrong with him? I have never seen such behaviour on a football pitch. Totally disregarding every aspect of modern positional football.
Every player is allowed to have the baddest of games and make every mistake possible but this is unbelievable.

serghei

I love this guy to death but what the hell is wrong with him? I have never seen such behaviour on a football pitch. Totally disregarding every aspect of modern positional football.
Every player is allowed to have the baddest of games and make every mistake possible but this is unbelievable.

Needs to be given a role. And he needs to do that role. Not the roles he wants to do. That's why players are players, and managers are managers. His position needs to be either false 9 instead of Suarez, or right wing, and by right wing it means he has no business roaming on the left side.

This unstructured role is basically causing all sorts of imbalances left and right. Needs to stop looking for the ball, and respect the position, because if he moves a bit he will open himself up for passes.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Needs to be given a role. And he needs to do that role. Not the roles he wants to do. That's why players are players, and managers are managers.

Making runs as a forward, passing to all players and not only to your buddies, staying in your position at least sometimes and not being an arrogant lazy prick on defense should not be that hard. If you check these boxes, you are allowed to play bad, make mistakes and lose.
Problem is the manager has not the power to bench Messi or keep him in check. So Meaning Messi is bigger than his boss. Meaning Messi is the problem.

Givenchy

Hes bigger than the club itself and he does as he pleases. Ronaldo atleast understands he needs rest and sits out unimportant matches but Messi has to play every minute even if that means we are down to 10 men for the majority of the match as he walks around resting

always makes me laugh when people say 'what do you expect Messi to do?! we keep surrounding him with shit players!' 'way to waste Messi's final years at the club man' when in reality, Messi's friendship with these shit players is the only reason duds like Suarez are still at the freaking club let alone starting every match being untouchable. we are talking about a striker who hasn't scored a CL away goal in 4 years and can barely move.

as he declines, its gonna be harder and harder to defend this. hes still the greatest and he could still lead us to another CL victory if he puts Barca first ahead of his comfort zone buddies

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I have been criticiIng messi passed few games but this is actually one where he seemed like Hes getting back in his groove. Would keep playing him now.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Not only he is off form, he is not playing football. He and Suarez and other amigos are treating the game as a training session. Really needs to start to score, his shooting has been kinda inconsistent this season. He had 3-4 good chances today.

JohnN

I have been criticiIng messi passed few games but this is actually one where he seemed like Hes getting back in his groove. Would keep playing him now.

What is the alternative? Drop him? He always takes some time to get to his best form. And notice the difference once fati and Puig, 2 people who understand passing game, came on.

Home of Barca Fans