Lionel Messi - v7

Givenchy

Stop protecting Messi.

He is best in the world but it seems he does not give a fuck about thing that his dropping in midfield and playing Suarez every game, is bad for Barca.

its ridiculous. within 3 months, every purchase we make ends up another brainless drone with one thought on his mind: give Messi the ball.

let the damn midfield do its job and stop clogging it up whilst leaving Semedo to fend for himself at RW. a manager with balls needs to sit Messi down and explain to him but i think its too late, he is Barcelona

we won't win another CL with him here unless he puts the team first and that involves putting in a shift at RW, taking rest when needed (NOT walking around in matches) and Suarez perma benched. even Ronaldo had to change his game and accept age catches up.

henias

I love how people goes to shit on Messi for our woes, yet the same people goes silent when he is the only one we can depend on after all this years. Then they will come back to attack him again and again. They would say the same thing about him being lazy, stagnant, or "past it". These are the same thing said in 2015 and 2016 and here in 2020 we are still blaming him for CL problems, where he is the sole scorer for the competition. I would criticise Messi if one, he isn't the only creator/dribbler in the team. Two, the manager like EV or Setien aren't such a cucks in playing the "star players" for the sake of playing them. Three, board having gone for a more quality 3 pronged attack than Coutinho or Greaseman. Four, having found a replacement for Iniesta who can take off Messi's load. Five, considering how the board wasted most of Messi's prime years and age is inevitably catching up hence him being slower and more lethargic but his ability of this game never changes. Lastly, if this board hasn't fucked up everything for years to come.

JerseyAddict

I love how people goes to shit on Messi for our woes, yet the same people goes silent when he is the only one we can depend on after all this years. Then they will come back to attack him again and again. They would say the same thing about him being lazy, stagnant, or "past it". These are the same thing said in 2015 and 2016 and here in 2020 we are still blaming him for CL problems, where he is the sole scorer for the competition. I would criticise Messi if one, he isn't the only creator/dribbler in the team. Two, the manager like EV or Setien aren't such a cucks in playing the "star players" for the sake of playing them. Three, board having gone for a more quality 3 pronged attack than Coutinho or Greaseman. Four, having found a replacement for Iniesta who can take off Messi's load. Five, considering how the board wasted most of Messi's prime years and age is inevitably catching up hence him being slower and more lethargic but his ability of this game never changes. Lastly, if this board hasn't fucked up everything for years to come.

Nice post. Good summary.

Seeing Madrid has the bloody VAR on their side most of the time, this guy is literally our only hope to win La Liga. Hope he really steps up last 8 games.

Laplacian

Five, considering how the board wasted most of Messi's prime years and age is inevitably catching up hence him being slower and more lethargic but his ability of this game never changes. Lastly, if this board hasn't fucked up everything for years to come.

My brother, you are literally agreeing with the people you're "arguing" against. They're literally saying Messi's too slow and/or lacks the required endurance for his current play-style, it doesn't fit his current abilities nor does it allow the team to function at its best. No one is saying he's shit. Most of us agree Coutinho and Griezmann were shit purchases, most of us wanted wingers in our front line. No one is saying the board isn't shit. That's literally agreeing with Sergi and the likes.

If you didn't have his donger stuck down your throat all the time perhaps you'd realise you're on the same page with them.

Porque

Yeah, IMO the problem is not Messi exactly. It is the group of veterans that surround Messi who have developed the Cult of Messi at this club.

I'm all for Messi staying until he is 35 even as I think he can bring it at the highest level up until Cristiano years. But this means that all the amigos have to go (Pique, Alba, Suarez, Busquets, Raki) and the squad is rebuilt with dynamism, pace and power around a free role Messi- with a manager like Klopp or season 1 LE21.

This means guys like Arthur and any others who lack 90 minute football have to go too.

Can we do that? Because Messi might not like it but its the only way to bring the best out of him, and bring the best for the club too.

raskolnikov

Yeah it depends. Are we going to have a sporting project with quality signing but get rid of his friends. Or less ambition and more friends staying?
Cant have jt both ways, football is a young mans game.

soul24rage

Seeing how the Argentina national team replaced most of the amigos in the national team, I'm sure Messi will understand the club replacing most of the amigos in the club.

snowy

My brother, you are literally agreeing with the people you're "arguing" against. They're literally saying Messi's too slow and/or lacks the required endurance for his current play-style, it doesn't fit his current abilities nor does it allow the team to function at its best. No one is saying he's shit. Most of us agree Coutinho and Griezmann were shit purchases, most of us wanted wingers in our front line. No one is saying the board isn't shit. That's literally agreeing with Sergi and the likes.

If you didn't have his donger stuck down your throat all the time perhaps you'd realise you're on the same page with them.

hahaha Lap, so 1st you call him your brother then you talk about pipe obstructions. Puts a new spin on Family Feuds :smartass:

You mentioned current play-style but bitches here been whining 'bout Messi being lazy, slow, corrupt, not giving a fuck, scared, not clutch, clueless for years... You'd think I'm making this shit up but I'm not. Pussy level of these posts makes an emo goth queen look like Machoman :lol: .

Next they'll be ordering a CR on Messi :papaperez:

Code Pink :wub:

serghei

Seeing how the Argentina national team replaced most of the amigos in the national team, I'm sure Messi will understand the club replacing most of the amigos in the club.

I hope so, but I doubt it. Everytime I see him staying on the right, he gets bored after a while of no action and he goes looking for the ball fucking up the shape.

snowy

I hope so, but I doubt it. Everytime I see him staying on the right, he gets bored after a while of no action and he goes looking for the ball fucking up the shape.

Alves pointed it out and he was right! Just sign as manager the first bozo off the street with nothing to lose as long as he's a fan of attacking football. He'd use the players who can bring the ball the most efficiently and if the ball is always up, no way would Messi drop back to have tea and cookie with MaTS. Et voil?! :pep:

Eshez

Messi is a street footballer at heart he never really respected the positional game, and when he get the ball he just want to make the hollywood pass, dribble or 1-2. Even Pep would say stuff like "Messi can do as he wants".

Last edited:

serghei

Messi is a street footballer at heart he never really respected the positional game, and when he get the ball he just want to make the hollywood pass, dribble or 1-2. Even Pep would say stuff like "Messi can do as he wants".

Yes he did. Under Pep for the most part, all the way through 2012, under Lucho when he played mostly RW. This super free role with no coordination at all exploded under EV. That's when you started to see these huge holes at RW and a lot of positional problems.

Home of Barca Fans