Lionel Messi - v7

Sailor Mars

He lacks options to work with and he physically isn't the Messi of 10 years ago, but he was still actively trying to create something. I've criticized him before for his defensive workrate sometimes, but it was solid tonight.

JamDav1982

you on drugs mate? sure he was garbage, but he was the only one trying in attack

He wasnt.

Griezmann, Vidal, Semedo and even FDJ at times were all trying to get into box more as game went on.

Cant be only one trying to attack and played no part in best move and only Barca goal of game.

As bad as those going over top about Messi are those that flat out try to deny when he is poor and blame it on other players.

Tackle

I don't buy the rubbish that he was lazy or sulking, neither of which are true, but he simply was not good enough tonight.

However, this notion that we are supposed to give him a pass for merely trying is absurd. Is that how low our standards for Leo have fallen in big CL away matches that we should just be grateful if he even looks like he is putting a shift in or is engaged in the match? Are we talking about Dembele here or the GOAT?

What utter shite. I refuse to coddle him, nor be unfairly harsh on the lad. Truth is he needs to better, no if, ands, or buts about it. No need for any armchair psychology though.

serghei

Serghei pls stop hating on the goat so much pls he did his best

OK man. No harm is done by him anyway, in the grand scheme of things that is. No chance we'll win CL with this team in this state. But I really doubt Messi will ever win a CL again in his career.

Let's just beat Madrid and win the league at least. Save the season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lol bless your soul. I know it sucks, but he's 32 I guess.

Listen, he had a poor game, but to claim that he was sulking or being lazy is a flat out lie. Maybe you're projecting Hazard's laziness and asshattery on Messi, but it ain't it.

clemente

Attacking with 4-4-2 with Rakitic and no wingers is just sad, I still have no idea how we scored, at least Griezzman didn't miss the single chance that was created unlike the retards here claim he would.

eaman

Was involved in the goal and was heavily involved in the other two good bits of play that almost led to goals. Also pressed and made a few good runs including one where arthur should've found him instead of shooting

serghei

Attacking with 4-4-2 with Rakitic and no wingers is just sad, I still have no idea how we scored, at least Griezzman didn't miss the single chance that was created unlike the retards here claim he would.

I tell you how we scored.

We are a middle centric team, because we have no wingers. This makes teams enter into a false sense of security and forget that sometimes we can still pose a danger on the wing, by a surprise fullback run. The fact that we are seemingly so crap on the wings, is why when we do break there, there is a huge opportunity to catch the other team completely off guard. And that's what happened.

This is very smart by Setien.

El Gato

Villarato!
Listen, he had a poor game, but to claim that he was sulking or being lazy is a flat out lie. Maybe you're projecting Hazard's laziness and asshattery on Messi, but it ain't it.

If you say so. I know it's difficult, but it can happen. Maybe he's saving himself for Madrid and knows the game was in his reach, maybe he's pacing himself on purpose. Whatever it is, he spent the entire period of the game before your goal walking. If you watched it, you can't possibly deny it.

Richard.H

I don’t think Wolfe is trolling. I agree with him also. I don’t want to point it out either because the Messi Defense Force will come swinging

Mitchell1978

Yea, I've said it before. Lazy, and not leader material.

Exactly. Just. not. a. leader. He's the guy that will elevate your team from already world class to legendary. A player that in a state of comfort and in a state where teammates provide for him the ball in space, he will make the difference. But without that, he just doesn't have the drive and the sacrifice in him to really dig deep and help in other areas.

lol, agreeing with the Madrid fan because it aligns with your anti-Messi agenda, pathetic

And Messi is far more of a floorraiser then he is a ceiling raiser as he is the only on that keeps barça relevant as a world class team https://tacticalfouling.com/2019/08/16/barcelona-deep-dive-on-messi-and-ter-stegens-floor-raising-valverdes-pragmatism-and-fitting-in-the-new-signings/

Home of Barca Fans