Lionel Messi - v7

Mitchell1978

25 goals to reach 40, I guess he can score 15 in the second half of la Liga, then 10 goals between CL and copa del rey? good luck with that. Yes, it's a likely scenario that 40 goals streak ends this season.

He hasn't scored fewer then 19 in the second half of La Liga since 2011 (last year 21). So it will depend on how far barça goes in the CL and the Copa.

Zica

81772902_2271034453000745_864569142793994240_n.0.jpg

I'd like to know if he was running or walking on that treadmill. Because if he was running, WTF was he training for if he is going to just walk out there with the team a man down and protecting a lead with 10 mins to go ?

Kul_z

I'd like to know if he was running or walking on that treadmill. Because if he was running, WTF was he training for if he is going to just walk out there with the team a man down and protecting a lead with 10 mins to go ?

For antonella.

JohnN

He could walk for the rest of his career for all I care. Just get rid of the dead weight ( EV, Rakitic, Vidal, Busquets) and let Messi walk all he wants. We still will do better..

Laplacian

He could walk for the rest of his career for all I care. Just get rid of the dead weight ( EV, Rakitic, Vidal, Busquets) and let Messi walk all he wants. We still will do better..

Why do people say this? It's not the biggest problem in the team sure, but we can't have him moving the way he does against teams like Liverpool, city or whatever in the CL. It's dead obvious by now that elite teams take advantage of the holes left by Messi.

Ritchie

25 goals to reach 40, I guess he can score 15 in the second half of la Liga, then 10 goals between CL and copa del rey? good luck with that. Yes, it's a likely scenario that 40 goals streak ends this season.

Lucky if he gets a decent chance in a game these days. He's relying on free kicks and penalties and he even passed a pen up the other week and given how powderpuff Barca are we're not going to win many penalties. Other than that he has to produce the magic himself which he often still can at home to the dross (or when he's really up for a big game) but away from home he's just crowded out the game for 99% of it. He can't do an Atleti away every week and make a goal out of nothing.

Last edited:

JohnN

Why do people say this? It's not the biggest problem in the team sure, but we can't have him moving the way he does against teams like Liverpool, city or whatever in the CL. It's dead obvious by now that elite teams take advantage of the holes left by Messi.

I said we will do better inspite of Messi's drifting out of some games. This doesn't imply it is not a problem now that he can't produce goat games every week. It just says that other factors make us really weak and if those factors were eliminated we would do better.
So, where is our disagreement?

Tackle

Valverde has never held Messi back. Other managers could utilize him better, but he still posted absurd statistics and played at an alien-like level the previous two seasons under Valverde.

Leo is simply getting older and becoming less consistent. That tends to happen to most players his age, even the greats. The top level genius is still there, but he just displays it a bit less often than he previously did.

His workrate, movement and sharpness have been abysmal in certain matches this season even for his standards. Hopefully he's more hungry come CL time.

Pedro

La Masia
Let's hope Leo scores vs. Granada

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

Vilarrubi

Let's hope Leo scores vs. Granada

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

Atletico game before Granada. Let’s hope.

JohnN

This is what messi can still do at 32 on a bad day:
[youtube]zSPw11ZVMmY[/youtube]

PS. God damn Suarez, you need to score this.

clemente

Damn that's a nice run, people on /r/barca roasting Messi how he is the rason we lost 2 points and should have been subbed off but surely it can't be his fault that even against 20th team he has to drop down to drag the ball forward.

JohnN

He was not good and lost some easy balls, but I feel this is due to post vacation reasons.
After the extraheavyweight carrying he has done for us the last decade and especially the last 3 seasons, I don't believe anyone has any merit to roast Messi.

Andresito

Staff member
It's obvious he picks his games when to give an extra effort. When he gets the ball he's the same Messi, albeit a bit sloppy against Espanyol.
Without the ball he relies more and more on his teammates to find a solution to give him the pass, rather than moving himself into a good position.

It's evident how Messi's last period will look. He'll frustrate us fans more and more often because we know he can do better but he just won't be arsed to do it unless he gets help.

We've seen it all his career. He even did it with Pep. Some games he just turns off, like he decides that he won't do anything extra unless he knows it'll be a goal.
With him playing each and every game you would understand that he did this to preserve energy. But nowadays where fatigue shouldn't be an issue we still see this side of Messi, unfortunately.

JohnN

It must be really frustrating to always need to perform a miracle for the team to get any result. Sometimes you just want to have a regular day and be done with it. After the holidays and against the last placed team in La Liga, it was kind of expected to be honest.

Home of Barca Fans