Lionel Messi - v7

Batistuta9

Some justice in this world that Messi edged a clutch win after EV bottled a surefire CL for him.

h1qaiklrsb241-jpg.78449

Something needs to be done about CR7 being this far ahead of Mane and Salah. It's criminal.

His PR machine is so powerful, he is by far the player that has benefited the most from playing in the social media era. It's why I'm not ruling him out winning another ballon d'or. If his teams win CL or Euros he will win even if he's not the best player on the team

Raketa10

His PR machine is so powerful, he is by far the player that has benefited the most from playing in the social media era. It's why I'm not ruling him out winning another ballon d'or. If his teams win CL or Euros he will win even if he's not the best player on the team

It's unbelievable how big PR machine is. He is far from the best Juve player this season not to mention that his decline during the last two years is visible from the moon. It's shame that people believe more to his PR machine than their own eyes. He will be 35 in February so I find hard to believe he is capable of winning another Ballon d'Or. No one ever managed to beat time, and as you get older it starts to show regardless of how much you take care of yourself.

Last edited:

Gaudi

congrats, but this reward is meaningless, I mean all the idiots of the world vote...I just saw how our regional press voted, for example Messsi is not in their first 5 :lol:

Hardy

I just watched the final ranking with points and I think we should be grateful with Ronaldo, it's hilarious to say this but think about that, if VVD would have won Nation League as well his narrative for the ballon d'or in terms of achievements would have been pretty much undeniable and the fact that Messi won by few points reinforces my theory. So thank you very much Ronnie :crbust:

Rory

I just watched the final ranking with points and I think we should be grateful with Ronaldo, it's hilarious to say this but think about that, if VVD would have won Nation League as well his narrative for the ballon d'or in terms of achievements would have been pretty much undeniable and the fact that Messi won by few points reinforces my theory. So thank you very much Ronnie :crbust:

Thanks Bernardo Silva and Guedes you mean? ;)

Andresito

Staff member
Good to see Messi getting the recognition he deserves.

But I'd also like to bring some shame up those who, not so many months ago, thought Messi was finished and wanted to sell him.
A few users who are now sucking his D wanted him gone.

Here is the split of votes by continents, Africa power :rockon::song:

Ur7EWkn.jpg

That's ridiculous. Given that Mane's most votes were in Africa which shows there is regional bias AND Europe has about 5-6 times the number of votes compared to South America, the voting system seems ridiculously unfair towards South Americans and favourable to Europeans.

Judoman

That's ridiculous. Given that Mane's most votes were in Africa which shows there is regional bias AND Europe has about 5-6 times the number of votes compared to South America, the voting system seems ridiculously unfair towards South Americans and favourable to Europeans.

Why? Count the countries in S. America vs. Europe. Furthermore, how is the voting system Europe biased when a S. American wins the trophy?

Home of Barca Fans