Lionel Messi - v7

kollegah

walking Messi ist also one of the biggest problems barcelona has.
HE scores in the liga for fun, but his physical level is not Barca material anymore.

I do not understand that not a single one of these muppet players has the balls to tell him to move his fuckn ass

I do not even understand that he doesnt have any shame while walking around and seeing his players like vidal, de jong etc. press in zones which he is responsible for.
Like it is so emberassing to watch and I wonder how of the team mates gets mad at him.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
HE scores in the liga for fun, but his physical level is not Barca material anymore.

I do not understand that not a single one of these muppet players has the balls to tell him to move his fuckn ass

I do not even understand that he doesnt have any shame while walking around and seeing his players like vidal, de jong etc. press in zones which he is responsible for.
Like it is so emberassing to watch and I wonder how of the team mates gets mad at him.

It's only an issue when we also have suarez and other turtle midfielders. His offensive talents make up for his flaws 10 fold. The issue is the lack of any tactical or footballing direction not Messi himself.

This is where people go too far. Criticise him off the pitch all you want. He should not be immune from it. But on the pitch with this walking, positional, system, armchair expert rubbish again is just tiresome, disloyal, self entitled nonsense.

If after watching him single handedly carry the fight, attack and show himself be so far superior to all his teammates yesterday all you can think about is he didn't run 10kms in the game then I'm afraid football is not your game my man.

I'm surprised no one has thought about the moral implications of him getting EV fired.

Could he get it done? Probably. But how many of you would snitch on a fellow employee at work to lose his job, making the situation worse for all your best friends, all so you could improve your own position at work. Rather selfish and sneaky isn't it?

Imagine you were the guy getting fired? I'm no saint and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Messi is no saint either but morally it's a pretty low thing to do.

Pedro

La Masia
Let's hope Leo scores vs. Celta Vigo

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I'm surprised no one has thought about the moral implications of him getting EV fired.

Could he get it done? Probably. But how many of you would snitch on a fellow employee at work to lose his job, making the situation worse for all your best friends, all so you could improve your own position at work. Rather selfish and sneaky isn't it?

Imagine you were the guy getting fired? I'm no saint and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Messi is no saint either but morally it's a pretty low thing to do.

It absolutely isn't, it's actually unethical if that person is one of/the main reason the team is not performing.
Obviously in a real work environment he'd get cautioned and people would try to help him but at the end of the day if he cant perform then he needs to be moved on to either a different role/team or sacked.

With your logic it seems as though you haven't had to manage people before? I have/do and although its uncomfortable i've moved people outside of their roles for failing to perform as it affects the entire team and our targets and milestones.

MTL_Barca

Can hardly call it snitching when everyone sees the shit on live TV every week :lol:

Besides that it would be terrible if Messi thought of it like this. It shouldn't be about whats convenient for his friends or Valverde. Barca is a football club with very high expectations not an old mans hobby club where some friends play a bit to get away from their wifes at the weekends. Messi and the rest of the team surely also like winning instead of getting humiliated again and again, every player thinking otherwise is better off retiring or chilling in MLS or China.

But while i think the team should talk to the board it in the end isn't the job of the captains. If the board needs Messi to tell them what to do then well, we're fucked :valverde2:

Last edited:
It absolutely isn't, it's actually unethical if that person is one of/the main reason the team is not performing.
Obviously in a real work environment he'd get cautioned and people would try to help him but at the end of the day if he cant perform then he needs to be moved on to either a different role/team or sacked.

With your logic it seems as though you haven't had to manage people before? I have/do and although its uncomfortable i've moved people outside of their roles for failing to perform as it affects the entire team and our targets and milestones.

Right, you do the firing because that's your job. Your effectively in the position of the board at Barca here. What your asking of Messi is an employee to snitch to his superiors to do the firing. NOT Messis job and as a result a low, immoral move.

Infact now you remind me I have been on the end of a person trying to get me fired to improve her own position and she succeeded. Trust me - that shit didn't go down too well.

jamrock

Messi isn't an employee, Messi is a defacto board member, the leader of the group. In a work environment where you A1 employee thinks his supervisor is messing up, he should go above his head for the betterment of the group.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Right, you do the firing because that's your job. Your effectively in the position of the board at Barca here. What your asking of Messi is an employee to snitch to his superiors to do the firing. NOT Messis job and as a result a low, immoral move.

Infact now you remind me I have been on the end of a person trying to get me fired to improve her own position and she succeeded. Trust me - that shit didn't go down too well.

Of course, however you cant compare sinister motives to genuine concern regarding a colleagues performance. Especially if you feel as though they may be one of the key contributing factors to the team failing.

Milestone commitments were missed with a valuable client, promises were made that this wouldn't occur again however it does and the cause seems to be the same (lessons not learnt). The client isn't happy and there is substantial pressure on the company. You get asked by your manager whether the 'Team Lead' Jon Doe is performing there are 3 genuine options.

You can be truthful and can say that you feel he's unfortunately not able to deliver.
You can lie and say he's performing well and continue to suffer from the same issues.
Or you can say I'm not sure - the easy out.

If you choose the later two there is the potential to lose the client/contract because you've failed in your duty of care to your employer and your colleagues.

Obviously these examples can be expanded on and are infinitely more complex but the point stands.

TLDR: its your ethical obligation as an employee to report the truth, especially when asked.

Last edited:

Orion

It is not Messi's responsability to get anyone fired, that's the board's job.

Unbelivable how childish some fans are.

Of course, however you cant compare sinister motives to genuine concern regarding a colleagues performance. Especially if you feel as though they may be one of the key contributing factors to the team failing.

Milestone commitments were missed with a valuable client, promises were made that this wouldn't occur again however it does and the cause seems to be the same (lessons not learnt). The client isn't happy and there is substantial pressure on the company. You get asked by your manager whether the 'Team Lead' Jon Doe is performing there are 3 genuine options.

You can be truthful and can say that you feel he's unfortunately not able to deliver.
You can lie and say he's performing well and continue to suffer from the same issues.
Or you can say I'm not sure - the easy out.

If you choose the later two there is the potential to lose the client/contract because you've failed in your duty of care to your employer and your colleagues.

Obviously these examples can be expanded on and are infinitely more complex but the point stands.

TLDR: its your ethical obligation as an employee to report the truth, especially when asked.

All this is well and good but I don't see the comparison with Messi at Barca at all. His fellow employees don't want EV fired, they want him to stay. Messi has to sell out his best mates, undercover go meet Barto and say 'I want EV gone or else'. I don't know how people can't see that is a low, immoral rat move whatever way you look at it. Suarez would certainly think so don't you think?

Messi is an employee at the end of the day. He has no right whatsoever to go out of the bounds of his employment and start issuing demands, especially if contrary to his fellow employees.

"its your ethical obligation as an employee to report the truth, especially when asked". If this actually happened there would be anarchy with immoral players snitching to the board all the time. Also, to me that just doesn't work in the real world , you live by that ethos anywhere and pretty soon you will be seen as a rat.

Look, people can want Messi to get EV fired as much as they like, but let's not pretend it's not an immoral, low snitch move, because it is.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans