Lionel Messi - v7

malvolio

Messi is not 'miles ahead' of Ronaldo on what both have done on the pitch.

It is very close.

Maybe he wasn't referring to stats and trophies.

Tottaly agree that Messi has done way more than Cristiano on a football pitch. The great games, the fabulous goals, the mazy dribbles, the freecicks, the assists. Messi was way more fun and provided more drama and spectacle on a football pitch.
Not saying Cristiano hasn't done some of that. But his game is more in sync with his talent and work hard attitude. But some may get off seeing immaculate placement for a tap-in or flawless penaldos.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Maybe he wasn't referring to stats and trophies.

Tottaly agree that Messi has done way more than Cristiano on a football pitch. The great games, the fabulous goals, the mazy dribbles, the freecicks, the assists. Messi was way more fun and provided more drama and spectacle on a football pitch.

Aye ignore stats and trophies. Good starting point to deny it.

malvolio

Aye ignore stats and trophies. Good starting point to deny it.

At the end of the day they both had tons of them. If you watch a sport played by brainless morons just to count stats, that's your choice. I follow it for the spectacle. I can understand and appreciate a Mourinho type performance, but in the end it's not what this is about.

JamDav1982

At the end of the day they both had tons of them. If you watch a sport played by brainless morons just to count stats, that's your choice. I follow it for the spectacle. I can understand and appreciate a Mourinho type performance, but in the end it's not what this is about.

Nah it is about impact on field and how dominant they have been and success brought teams and very close.

Some deluded Barca fans cant handle it. Rest of football will just chuckle at those that cant.

malvolio

Nah it is about impact on field and how dominant they have been and success brought teams and very close.

Some deluded Barca fans cant handle it. Rest of football will just chuckle at those that cant.

That's your choice mate. As I've said, difference in what they've done stats/trophies wise isn't big. What they've done on a football ptich, it is.

JamDav1982

That's your choice mate. As I've said, difference in what they've done stats/trophies wise isn't big. What they've done on a football ptich, it is.

No it isnt all that different what they have done on football pitch you just prefer way Messi has done it.

Very close to what they have done on pitch and impact on teams.

raskolnikov

We struggled with Levante (currently taking 18th on the table). Doesn't get worse than this.

Thought that as well during the game. Its hard to accept this new reality. For years we been fearing the milan/United 2.0 due to the board's constant failing, and now we there.

Went from destroying these type of teams 6-0 to 3-1 being a poor performance to struggling and scraping for points to get near top 4.

Cl ko will be a blood bath as well. Just a weak squad with messidependencia (while old), bad tactics and no money.
At this point you need to happy with 3 points, how bitter it may be.

Home of Barca Fans