Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

This is Bar?a's worst start after 8 La Liga games (11 points) since 1991/92 when they won La Liga and the Champions League while Koeman scoring the winner in the final 🔥🔥 #For?aBar?a

The treble is loading

Messi983

Victor Font, President Candidate, told @lesportiuCAT: “I have already told Ferran Soriano [City CEO] to forget about Messi, to look for alternatives to win the Champions League, because Messi will continue with us and win the Champions League with us” #ElectionsFCB

Not only will he try to extend Messi, he will probably increase his salary. Watch him sell one of Griezmann or Coutinho, and give their wages to Messi.

Lol, this guy is so delusional. Messi can sign a pre-contract with City before he'll be elected (if he'll even be).

kollegah

Cruyffistas need to take of their glasses and finally admit that MEssi is no longer a game changer and lives only of his past achievements.
He is hindering younger players to evolve and has a low man mentality on the pitch without any charisma.

football skills 10/10
leadership skills 0/10

Morten

Victor Font, President Candidate, told @lesportiuCAT: ?I have already told Ferran Soriano [City CEO] to forget about Messi, to look for alternatives to win the Champions League, because Messi will continue with us and win the Champions League with us? #ElectionsFCB

Not only will he try to extend Messi, he will probably increase his salary. Watch him sell one of Griezmann or Coutinho, and give their wages to Messi.

Its 2040, El Clasico at Camp Nou, the two captains, Messi and Benzema, shake hands and the match is underway.

Raketa10

Victor Font, President Candidate, told @lesportiuCAT: ?I have already told Ferran Soriano [City CEO] to forget about Messi, to look for alternatives to win the Champions League, because Messi will continue with us and win the Champions League with us? #ElectionsFCB

Well to be fair Griezmann needs to be sold, he is completely useless and way to expensive. :D I would sell Griezmann in January and if we get 50-60 mil we can try to buy Garcia, Depay and possibly Wijnaldum in summer. We should also try to offload Braithwaite and Alena since they can easily be replaced with any B team player.

Last edited:

serghei

OK, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but it's confirmed Font is a populist and a delusional idiot.

Either that or he is a manipulative genius saying anything to get elected, and then doing the opposite once in office.

Cruyffistas need to take of their glasses and finally admit that MEssi is no longer a game changer and lives only of his past achievements.
He is hindering younger players to evolve and has a low man mentality on the pitch without any charisma.

football skills 10/10
leadership skills 0/10

Cruyffistas, real ones, are against Messi by default in this.

Last edited:

Messi983

OK, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but it's confirmed Font is a populist and a delusional idiot.

Either that or he is a manipulative genius saying anything to get elected, and then doing the opposite once in office.

This is not exactly a smart strategy imo if that's what he's doing (I don't believe so).

OTOH Laporta also won elections with a promise to bring Beckham. Perez then stole him and Rosell (with his Brazil/Nike connections) saved Laporta's ass and brought Ronaldinho. We don't know how Becks would do here but we surely can't complain about how things turned out in the end.

JamDav1982

Victor Font, President Candidate, told @lesportiuCAT: “I have already told Ferran Soriano [City CEO] to forget about Messi, to look for alternatives to win the Champions League, because Messi will continue with us and win the Champions League with us” #ElectionsFCB

Feels like he is trying to take credit when/if City dont make a move... it wont be City did not want him but Font is already pulling strings.

He is coming across as a mouth piece more and more each day.

serghei

This is not exactly a smart strategy imo if that's what he's doing (I don't believe so).

OTOH Laporta also won elections with a promise to bring Beckham. Perez then stole him and Rosell (with his Brazil/Nike connections) saved Laporta's ass and brought Ronaldinho. We don't know how Becks would do here but we surely can't complain about how things turned out in the end.

I don't know what to say.

Napoleon supposedly said once about why great leaders and politicians are so rare.

"To get power you need to display absolute pettiness; to exercise power you need to show true greatness. Such pettiness and such greatness are rarely found in the same person."

Don't know if the quote is real or not, but it's spot on and even valid today hundreds of years later.

Not saying is the most noble strategy, but telling people what they need to hear to get elected is acceptable for me as long as you still do what needs to be done when in office. Nobody will get elected by saying they will sell Messi lol, no matter if it's the right path to follow going forward.

But probably Font is just a delusional Xavi-lover who thinks we will tiki-taka our way to the top led by 40 years old Messi :lol:.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Napoleon supposedly said once about why great leaders and politicians are so rare.

"To get power you need to display absolute pettiness; to exercise power you need to show true greatness. Such pettiness and such greatness are rarely found in the same person."

Don't know if the quote is real or not, but it's spot on and even valid today hundreds of years later.

Not saying is the most noble strategy, but telling people what they need to hear to get elected is acceptable for me as long as you still do what needs to be done when in office. Nobody will get elected by saying they will sell Messi lol, no matter if it's the right path or not.

If Font claims he can make Messi stay and win the CL and is elected on back of that.. what he does when in does matter as he looks weak and a fraud if Messi leaves.

It will matter to the same socios who voted him in as they wanted to keep Messi and they would be the majority in that scenario.

Completely different situation and promise than Beckham was.

serghei

If Font claims he can make Messi stay and win the CL and is elected on back of that.. what he does when in does matter as he looks weak and a fraud if Messi leaves.

It will matter to the same socios who voted him in as they wanted to keep Messi and they would be the majority in that scenario.

Completely different situation and promise than Beckham was.

But to be a good president right now, you need to assume that you will get heat for making the tough but necessary decisions. Who is not willing to be a man and take it and move forward is not right for the job.

We don't need people who will continue this pretend game that is going on for years. That we're still a great team and that our older players are still the best. Far far from it. The reality needs to be accepted.

Messi983

Not saying is the most noble strategy, but telling people what they need to hear to get elected is acceptable for me as long as you still do what needs to be done when in office. Nobody will get elected by saying they will sell Messi lol, no matter if it's the right path or not.

But probably Font is just a delusional Xavi-lover who thinks we will tiki-taka our way to the top led by 40 years old Messi :lol:.

I get what you're saying.

But at this point we're not even in a position to "sell" Messi. In 5 weeks he can sign with whoever he wants. If he has decided to leave he'll go and nobody can do anything to prevent him. That's why Font's words are stupid. If he'd say something like "we'll do our best to build a winning team and we want Messi as a part of that team" it would still express his wish to keep him but at the same time also sound more realistic knowing Messi and not Font is ultimately the one who will decide his own future. And accepting the fact Messi could leave would also turn out better for Font if that will actually happen. I know it's politics but you should never make a promise you have absolutely no power to realize. And anyone realistic enough knows that's true in Messi's case.

Porque

Lol, this guy is so delusional. Messi can sign a pre-contract with City before he'll be elected (if he'll even be).

Can he win an election saying he is not going to renew Messi though. It's Socio's who are voting, not Sergei'os.

Best case option is to say you want to keep Messi, but Messi signs a contract with another club already.

Last thing we need is a whole election campaign revolving around keeping Messi and whether Xavi wants toast for breakfast or cheerios.

Home of Barca Fans