Lionel Messi - v7

Hardy

what exactly was waiting here instead of smashing the net? he's a mess in every department right now

Npvm28m.png

Raketa10

what exactly was waiting here instead of smashing the net? he's a mess in every department right now

Npvm28m.png

He should have passed to Pedri in that situation. This is a clear evidence how much is our game suffering because we don't have a No.9 in our squad. There is literally no one in front of the goal. What's even worse is the fact that this is happening all of the time.

Last edited:

Gaudi

He should have passed to Pedri in that situation. This is a clear evidence how much is our game suffering because we don't have a No.9 in our squad. There is literally no one in front of the goal. That is happening all of the time.

We had Suarez, if we had Haaland nothing would change, only one more player that would look stupid in our slow game surrounded by 3 players at every time. We need to change our system, maybe Messi is stoping that, I don't know, but without that we can add Mbappe and Haaland at he same time and we would look bad as well.

Raketa10

We had Suarez, if we had Haaland nothing would change, only one more player that would look stupid in our slow game surrounded by 3 players at every time. We need to change our system, maybe Messi is stoping that, I don't know, but without that we can add Mbappe and Haaland at he same time and we would look bad as well.

Well I suppose we will find out next season.

JamDav1982

Galactico policy never brings any good in the medium-term. Never did for Madrid, didn't do for us. We're now in the post-Galactico Madrid era. This is where giving full power to past it big names brings you.

It took Madrid 6 years to build a really solid side that could compete in the CL hard again. From 2004 to 2010. Let's hope it takes us fewer years.

Ronaldo was more of a 'galactico' signing than any Barca have made and it brought them 4 CLs in 5 years.

The galactico signings that Real made early 2000s are not like Ronaldo or any of the Barca signings though. That policy was all about the biggest names almost regardless of age and what other limitations it brought to squad.

But cant claim Coutinho/Dembele/Griezmann are galactico signings really and if do then Real did benefit from it.

mladenq

Ye, it was bad. One could argue he was maybe thinking of passing to someone initially BUT he's not really even looking anywhere other than straight into the goal, during those couple of touches, and then he buries his position.

Dunno, but since COVID break he somehow turned from a player that almost always makes the best (or at least good) decision to a player that almost always makes the wrong decision. His decision-making in all parts of the game has deteriorated ridiculously.

JamDav1982

He is damaging his legacy.

No one expects him to be winning games on his own but the lack of effort and leadership and playing as if the world has wronged him is not good enough.

Puts all that nonsense from his interview about 'always wanting best for club' in perspective... he wanted to leave as his and amigos were gone against and he is still sulking about it now while being paid millions a week and collecting his bonuses.

mc_lovin

He can take a piss on the field for all I care. He wanted to leave and was forced to stay on a technicality. We reap what we sow. I dont blame him, hes mentally shot since Anfield/2019 (as anyone would).

serghei

He is damaging his legacy.

No one expects him to be winning games on his own but the lack of effort and leadership and playing as if the world has wronged him is not good enough.

Puts all that nonsense from his interview about 'always wanting best for club' in perspective... he wanted to leave as his and amigos were gone against and he is still sulking about it now while being paid millions a week and collecting his bonuses.

Well, let's hope the club wakes up in the end and lets him go and put his 6km a game somewhere else.

JamDav1982

He can take a piss on the field for all I care. He wanted to leave and was forced to stay on a technicality. We reap what we sow. I dont blame him, hes mentally shot since Anfield/2019 (as anyone would).

He was 'forced to stay' as per his contract.

It is not good enough to just give up and proves nonsense about 'always wanting what is best for club'.

Messifanboys can follow him to City and beyond if support him playing like that.

JamDav1982

Well, let's hope the club wakes up in the end and lets him go and put his 6km a game somewhere else.

They need to let him go and he needs it as well as even though legs are gone he is playing as if doesnt care or if it is all the fault of others.

Wont move in January though.

It is a shame club is like this and it is shame Messi is being exposed like this as well.

mc_lovin

He was 'forced to stay' as per his contract.

It is not good enough to just give up and proves nonsense about 'always wanting what is best for club'.

Messifanboys can follow him to City and beyond if support him playing like that.

I mean the intent of the clause was pretty clear. And I guess the understanding between Bartomeu and Messi was more of a gentlemens agreement. I absolutely despise keeping players against their will. We are bigger than that (well, apparently not).

Home of Barca Fans