Lionel Messi - v7

feggydinho

You look at that team and just wonder where are the goals going to come from. If Messi isn't banging them in which has been all season or providing a great pass it doesn't look likely the others will conjure up there own chance. That being said there seems to be some chemistry forming between Alba, Coutinho and Fati on the left, with Frenkie drifting that way too. I think that area needs to be used more but not just the pass to alba and then alba tries a hopeless pullback.

As dumb as dembele is, him on the right with Dest running on to Messi through balls could make our attack actually have more than one route which it currently does.

I don't get you, bench Messi and you would see a difference. We've actually given Messi so much power that it's hard to see and identify his wrongs (This team can still challenge for La liga at least without Messi, cause none of the La Liga teams are actually that strong this year. Messi tends to cling to the ball too much, and did it many times against madrid (the last Barca attack ended with him not passing to Braithwaite when he was in a very free position). Messi is a legend like I said, but we have to try something different. We can't afford to have him breaking the team's chemistry in tough matches and also not pressing... I can't wait for us to move past this phase (the season should end already)

Rory

I don't get you, bench Messi and you would see a difference. We've actually given Messi so much power that it's hard to see and identify his wrongs (This team can still challenge for La liga at least without Messi, cause none of the La Liga teams are actually that strong this year. Messi tends to cling to the ball too much, and did it many times against madrid (the last Barca attack ended with him not passing to Braithwaite when he was in a very free position). Messi is a legend like I said, but we have to try something different. We can't afford to have him breaking the team's chemistry in tough matches and also not pressing... I can't wait for us to move past this phase (the season should end already)

I'm accepting that Messi will start most if not all games if he's fit. I wouldn't start him in every game either I'm just saying if he is going to start every game which he probably will maybe we could try what I said.

mc_lovin

You look at that team and just wonder where are the goals going to come from. If Messi isn't banging them in which has been all season or providing a great pass it doesn't look likely the others will conjure up there own chance. That being said there seems to be some chemistry forming between Alba, Coutinho and Fati on the left, with Frenkie drifting that way too. I think that area needs to be used more but not just the pass to alba and then alba tries a hopeless pullback.

As dumb as dembele is, him on the right with Dest running on to Messi through balls could make our attack actually have more than one route which it currently does.

I dont think something like Fati-Messi-Dembele looks threatening on paper. At least Dembele needs a targetman, hes too imprecise otherwise. We badly need Griezmann to work out on the right as a goalscorer. I still have some rest hope, the position should suit him much more than the one last season and we are still just 5 games in. Too soon to write him off. Otherwise survive until January and go for Fati-Depay-Messi, which would ruin our right wing again, but at least looks somewhat dependable.

Rory

I dont think something like Fati-Messi-Dembele looks threatening on paper. At least Dembele needs a targetman, hes too imprecise otherwise. We badly need Griezmann to work out on the right as a goalscorer. I still have some rest hope, the position should suit him much more than the one last season and we are still just 5 games in. Too soon to write him off. Otherwise survive until January and go for Fati-Depay-Messi, which would ruin our right wing again, but at least looks somewhat dependable.

I disagree that it doesn't look threatening. Fati is this breakout star with all the confidence in the world scoring and assisting in lots of games. Messi is Messi and Dembele at the very least you know can burn you for pace and is two footed, even if both of those feet aren't quality lol. I think most teams would line up against that expecting to have a tough game in defence

mc_lovin

Fair enough, we have enough games to experiment anyway.

I just hope Koeman is done with Coutinho-Messi-Pedri and Fati upfront. Baffling decision to play that.

serghei

On a certain Whatsapp Group. Online members: Leo, Luis, Ney10, Jordi. Offline: KingArturo22.

Ney10: What's uup guys, sorry about the loss in the Clasico. I was watching with my boys from PSG. Nice game, but you were unlucky. Ramos is a diving cunt.
Leo: Thx man, was a crap match. Nothing went well. I fucking knew it...
Ney10: Hei Luis, btw, don't get me wrong, man, I love you, but when is the last time you scored away in CL? What was it vs Bayern midweek in CL, 0-4? We were looking at the scores in the other games and we were all joking about you, lol.
Jordi: I think he scored last year man, vs Slavia.
Leo: That was counted as an own goal. He scored a season before vs United in England with a header.
Jordi: I think that was an own goal as well...
Luis: Very funny guys... stop that shit. I scored vs Roma, in 2017.
Ney10: Roma? You lost 0-3 dude.
Luis: Was the year before.
Leo: I remember now. It was in 2016 I think, not 2017. 1-1, when Florenzi scored that goal from the halfway line. Remember how much fun we made of Stegen for that goal... Jajaja...
Ney10: I remember too now. That shouldn't even count though. It was impossible to miss.
Luis: So what guys, I caused 2 own goals vs United and Slavia. That surely adds to 1 away goal. 0.5 + 0.5 = 1 goal. Right?
Ney10: But you also stopped a goal vs Bayern last week, by having your fatty ass offside. So, 2 own goals caused - 1 goal stopped = zero goals.
Luis: What about the Bayern goal when I folded Boateng like an armchair? After I caused another own goal by Alaba. That's 1.5 again, right?
Leo: Technically, that's not an away match, Luis. No fans and it was on neutral ground, not on Allianz.
Jordi: Plus, I demand a .25 share for that own goal. It was my cross that caused it...
Ney10: Don't be a pussy Jordi...
Luis: Guys, stop messing with me. I'm in 2nd place with 1 game less in La Liga. 0 defeats. You guys lost again to fucking United in CL, and you guys are sitting in 11th place after I left. I should be the one making fun of you, LOL. Btw, Ney, it seems PSG are the only team in Europe to get beaten at home by both the seniors and the juniors of this crap United team. How can you lose again at home?
Ney10: Two words. Group stages man. I know you guys think CL ends at Group Stages, but we at PSG are used to play finals lately. We don't get all wet for a Group Stage win or loss. But enough with that, it's all banter right, we're still friends.
Leo: Yea, still amigos. All amigos are busting each others' balls from time to time. We're blowing off steam. But it's true, Ney, PSG are shit.
Ney10: But what happens at Barca man, never saw you so ignored by the younger chaps. There's that kid with a name like some Indian dish, forgot his name...
Jordi: Ansu Fati...
Ney10: That's right, him. He was just ignoring you time after time. How can you let that slide?
Leo: It's shit man, I know. But, here's the thing. Back in the day, I used to have Luis yelling at them and calling them names like "cagon", his favorite curse. And then if they still disobeyed me, I'd have Vidal give them that mean Mr. T look of his and they'd get in line immediately. Now, there's no one left to keep them in line. So they give me shit.
Ney10: What are you talking about. You still have some Amigos left, like Jordi right here, and Geri.
Leo: Fuck that, no offense to Jordi, I love him. But nobody takes him seriously with that girly voice of him. Everyone makes fun of him when he tries to act all tough and macho because they know he's soft as a daisy. They always remind him of that video at half time with Liverpool when he was sobbing like a little girl.
Jordi: Not cool man. Totally not cool.
Luis: Guys, thanks for the nice words. I always believed you have to lead by being a leader. And leaders are also feared. That's the truth.
Ney10: How about Koeman, what's he like? He's he as braindead as Tuchel? We carry his ass every game. He's always asking us how to play lol. I and Kylian tell him all the time. Give us the ball and keep things tight behind us. Always works. Like you guys did under EV. Almost won a treble that way...
Leo: Don't even get me started... still miss that guy. We talk with each other regularly through Whatsapp. Maybe we should invite him to this group. I always complain to him that this Koeman dude makes us run too much. And he is the only one that understands that running more doesn't mean you play better. It's like he said, fitness is overrated. This is not Mr. Olympia.
Ney10: But does this Koeman has a plan for the future? No offense, but you guys are playing terrible football.
Leo: He's clueless, Ney, I swear to God. He's always asking me what to do. I told him he should have thought about that before he went behind my back and cut my friends from the team. He made his bed, now he will sleep in it. It's out of my hands. My ass is gone in the summer and he can sort out the mess. If he's not sacked by then Jajaja... I always remind him about that in training sessions. Like I did with that other idiot, Tata.
Ney10: You're still funny. People say Geri is the funniest in the team, but I always thought you are.
Jordi: I'm pretty funny too...
Ney10: No, man, you look funny, that's all, lol. You look like that Duracell bunny in those commercials. Ok. I need to go now. Everything else fine, in your families? With the fans and all. I know we haven't spoken in a while, but maybe we get together for a poker game or smth.
Leo: I have some issues with some haters and stalkers. I don't care that much about haters, fuck 'em, if you can't be like me, then, of course, you hate me. And I think Griezmann is trolling me online to take revenge because he can't play in my position.
Ney10: How so? What happened?
Leo: There's some fan online, Antoine... something. Some french nickname that is sending me at least 5 messages a day. Telling me he loves me and things like that.
Ney10: Is he dangerous? If not, ignore him. I always do that with crazy fans...
Leo: Nah, man, he's not dangerous. And there's another one, Messigian or something, who also sends me a lot of messages. He keeps mentioning Valverde in all messages for some reason. Like how I was much better under him, that we should both join the same club in the summer and reunite the incredible duo. He is sure I will win another Ballon d'Or with him. He even asked me to give him Ernesto's phone number because he is a huge fan. Even named his dog Ernesto he said.
Ney10: Hahahahaha, that's incredible. Some guy stalking Messi online only to get closer to Ernesto fucking Valverde. Now I've heard it all. Lol.
Leo: I know, I even read some of these emails to Anto. Cracks her up every time. She makes fun of me saying how I'm not as popular as Valverde.
Luis: OK guys, gotta go. See you.
Ney10: Score that away goal Luis. You better have it next time we talk. You're making me look bad because I'm your friend. And I don't befriend losers. Even Coutinho makes fun of you in Brazil training. He says he has more away goals than you for Barca because he scored vs Tottenham on Wembley.
Leo: Haha, he's right. I'm off.
Jordi: See you guys.
Luis: Hey... that's not fair. Guys?... Let me explain... Guys???

ItachiXXX

Stop talking out of your ass. You're making assumptions.
We prefer facts.
So he can't play here. And he would made a fool of himself in PL.
Not surprise you never saw him play against a English team since 2005.
Like yesterday. You didn't even watch the clasico! You spent the WHOLE game taping 46 posts (!!!) on the 'Match of the day' topic ����.

You're a very very scary and insecure dude. You need friends or freehugs stuff. Too bad there's COVID right now. Let's hope it will end soon!
:lol:

What injury?

First half of last season (after his calf injury) he scored several goals from outside of the box.

He was basically doubling his expected goals in La Lige under Valverde.

Since Valverde's sacking he has been underperforming his expected goals.

The main reason isn't physical i think but its more mental i believe.
He really doesn't have faith or trust in Bartomeu's Barcelona.

This

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

On a certain Whatsapp Group. Online members: Leo, Luis, Ney10, Jordi. Offline: KingArturo22.

Ney10: What's uup guys, sorry about the loss in the Clasico. I was watching with my boys from PSG. Nice game, but you were unlucky. Ramos is a diving cunt.
Ney10: Hei Luis, btw, don't get me wrong, man, I love you, but when is the last time you scored away in CL? What was it vs Bayern midweek in CL, 0-4? We were looking at the scores in the other games and we were all joking about you, lol.
Leo: That was counted as an own goal. He scored a season before vs United in England with a header.
Leo: I remember now. It was in 2016 I think, not 2017. 1-1, when Florenzi scored that goal from the halfway line. Remember how much fun we made of Stegen for that goal... Jajaja...
Ney10: I remember too now. That shouldn't even count though. It was impossible to miss.
Luis: So what guys, I caused 2 own goals vs United and Slavia. That surely adds to 1 away goal. 0.5 + 0.5 = 1 goal. Right?
Ney10: But you also stopped a goal vs Bayern last week, by having your fatty ass offside. So, 2 own goals caused - 1 goal stopped = zero goals.
Luis: What about the Bayern goal when I folded Boateng like an armchair? After I caused another own goal by Alaba. That's 1.5 again, right?
Leo: Technically, that's not an away match, Luis. No fans and it was on neutral ground, not on Allianz.
Jordi: Plus, I demand a .25 share for that own goal. It was my cross that caused it...
Luis: Guys, stop messing with me. I'm in 2nd place with 1 game less in La Liga. 0 defeats. You guys lost again to fucking United in CL, and you guys are sitting in 11th place after I left. I should be the one making fun of you, LOL. Btw, Ney, it seems PSG are the only team in Europe to get beaten at home by both the seniors and the juniors of this crap United team. How can you lose again at home?
Ney10: Two words. Group stages man. I know you guys think CL ends at Group Stages, but we at PSG are used to play finals lately. We don't get all wet for a Group Stage win or loss. But enough with that, it's all banter right, we're still friends.
Leo: Yea, still amigos. All amigos are busting each others' balls from time to time. We're blowing off steam. But it's true, Ney, PSG are shit.
Ney10: But what happens at Barca man, never saw you so ignored by the younger chaps. There's that kid with a name like some Indian dish, forgot his name...
Ney10: That's right, him. He was just ignoring you time after time. How can you let that slide?
Leo: It's shit man, I know. But, here's the thing. Back in the day, I used to have Luis yelling at them and calling them names like "cagon", his favorite curse. And then if they still disobeyed me, I'd have Vidal give them that mean Mr. T look of his and they'd get in line immediately. Now, there's no one left to keep them in line. So they give me shit.
Ney10: What are you talking about. You still have some Amigos left, like Jordi right here, and Geri.
Leo: Fuck that, no offense to Jordi, I love him. But nobody takes him seriously with that girly voice of him. Everyone makes fun of him when he tries to act all tough and macho because they know he's soft as a daisy. They always remind him of that video at half time with Liverpool when he was sobbing like a little girl.
Luis: Guys, thanks for the nice words. I always believed you have to lead by being a leader. And leaders are also feared. That's the truth.
Ney10: How about Koeman, what's he like? He's he as braindead as Tuchel? We carry his ass every game. He's always asking us how to play lol. I and Kylian tell him all the time. Give us the ball and keep things tight behind us. Always works. Like you guys did under EV. Almost won a treble that way...
Leo: Don't even get me started... still miss that guy. We talk with each other regularly through Whatsapp. Maybe we should invite him to this group. I always complain to him that this Koeman dude makes us run too much. And he is the only one that understands that running more doesn't mean you play better. It's like he said, fitness is overrated. This is not Mr. Olympia.
Ney10: But does this Koeman has a plan for the future? No offense, but you guys are playing terrible football.
Leo: He's clueless, Ney, I swear to God. He's always asking me what to do. I told him he should have thought about that before he went behind my back and cut my friends from the team. He made his bed, now he will sleep in it. It's out of my hands. My ass is gone in the summer and he can sort out the mess. If he's not sacked by then Jajaja... I always remind him about that in training sessions. Like I did with that other idiot, Tata.
Ney10: You're still funny. People say Geri is the funniest in the team, but I always thought you are.
Ney10: No, man, you look funny, that's all, lol. You look like that Duracell bunny in those commercials. Ok. I need to go now. Everything else fine, in your families? With the fans and all. I know we haven't spoken in a while, but maybe we get together for a poker game or smth.
Leo: I have some issues with some haters and stalkers. I don't care that much about haters, fuck 'em, if you can't be like me, then, of course, you hate me. And I think Griezmann is trolling me online to take revenge because he can't play in my position.
Leo: There's some fan online, Antoine... something. Some french nickname that is sending me at least 5 messages a day. Telling me he loves me and things like that.
Leo: Nah, man, he's not dangerous. And there's another one, Messigian or something, who also sends me a lot of messages. He keeps mentioning Valverde in all messages for some reason. Like how I was much better under him, that we should both join the same club in the summer and reunite the incredible duo. He is sure I will win another Ballon d'Or with him. He even asked me to give him Ernesto's phone number because he is a huge fan. Even named his dog Ernesto he said.
Ney10: Hahahahaha, that's incredible. Some guy stalking Messi online only to get closer to Ernesto fucking Valverde. Now I've heard it all. Lol.
Leo: I know, I even read some of these emails to Anto. Cracks her up every time. She makes fun of me saying how I'm not as popular as Valverde.
Ney10: Score that away goal Luis. You better have it next time we talk. You're making me look bad because I'm your friend. And I don't befriend losers. Even Coutinho makes fun of you in Brazil training. He says he has more away goals than you for Barca because he scored vs Tottenham on Wembley.

serghei has more creativity than all of our players together, incredible chat :worthy:

FinBarcelonafan

Funny post!

malvolio

He isn't even that good. Ansu Fati is much better than him so far this season. He would've probably scored from that chance instead of hitting it straight at Courtois.

Fati who apart from a good tap-in was otherwise invisible the whole match. The same Fati who was nowhere to be seen vs Sevilla. Take away his finishing and you're left with not much else. Much better than Messi :lol:

Home of Barca Fans