Lionel Messi - v7

Mitchell1978

I agree that Messi played well in first half.
What is worrying me is that he has lost power with his shots. Remember the freekick against Liverpool? That was a thunderbolt. Now his freekicks are weak. His power never came back after the injury. Something is not right.

What injury?

First half of last season (after his calf injury) he scored several goals from outside of the box.

He was basically doubling his expected goals in La Lige under Valverde.

Since Valverde's sacking he has been underperforming his expected goals.

The main reason isn't physical i think but its more mental i believe.
He really doesn't have faith or trust in Bartomeu's Barcelona.

Mitchell1978

:facepalm: Messi won 6 Ballon d'Or awards and was on top of the world for more than a decade and he doesn't have a work ethic. :lol: The stupidity in this forum is unbelievable. Has ever crossed your mind that body and muscle structure of Messi is much different than the muscle structure of Ronaldo or Lebron? Regarding Federer, he started declining even before Messi. Unbelievable post!

This exactly, and lets not forget Messi won his 6e Ballon only a year ago at age 31/32.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He was also fantastic under Valverde in first half of 19/20 but I think he lost his motivation after Valverde's exit. Nowadays he plays like the worst Messi-version ever (13/14).

Mitchell1978

He was also fantastic under Valverde in first half of 19/20 but I think he lost his motivation after Valverde's exit. Nowadays he plays like the worst Messi-version ever (13/14).

He was good/decent in the first half imo, a pre-assist, some good dribbles but so far this season he has not been decisive whatsoever, so his current form is worse then in 13-14 even.

He should thank Barto for not allowing him to make a fool out of himself in the Premier League. That league is all wrong for him and City are collapsing.

Stop talking out of your ass. You're making assumptions.
We prefer facts.
So he can't play here. And he would made a fool of himself in PL.
Not surprise you never saw him play against a English team since 2005.
Like yesterday. You didn't even watch the clasico! You spent the WHOLE game taping 46 posts (!!!) on the 'Match of the day' topic 🤪🤯.

You're a very very scary and insecure dude. You need friends or freehugs stuff. Too bad there's COVID right now. Let's hope it will end soon!

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He was good/decent in the first half imo, a pre-assist, some good dribbles but so far this season he has not been decisive whatsoever, so his current form is worse then in 13-14 even.

I was satisfield with his first half but as you said he isnt decisive anymore. He looks out of form and needs some rest. Why does he want to play every match for 90min? Lets hope this wont be his worst season ever for Barca

mc_lovin

I am pretty sure he feels physically fine, and I dont think its a problem to play every 3 days with his workrate, but it got to drain him mentally.

Rory

You look at that team and just wonder where are the goals going to come from. If Messi isn't banging them in which has been all season or providing a great pass it doesn't look likely the others will conjure up there own chance. That being said there seems to be some chemistry forming between Alba, Coutinho and Fati on the left, with Frenkie drifting that way too. I think that area needs to be used more but not just the pass to alba and then alba tries a hopeless pullback.

As dumb as dembele is, him on the right with Dest running on to Messi through balls could make our attack actually have more than one route which it currently does.

Home of Barca Fans