Lionel Messi - v7

KingLeo10

So a CL knock out is the whole year now?

Like i said before 2016-17, 2017-18 and especially 2018-19 only added to his resume. To dismiss those seasons based on one game is just retarded and biased.

If he was scoring for fun in LL between 08-15 and put up no shows in CL between 08-15, absolutely no one would care about him as an all time great and he?d be an Ibra. He became a legend because of CL performances and performances v RM

Why is it so hard to understand that CL KO performances are worth more than LL performances because the level of competition is higher with the former. You should ignore me on Messi posts if you?re going to lose your blood pressure to criticism and make laughable claims that those blowouts v Roma, Juve etc helped his reputation. Talk about deluded.

Richard.H

The man is 33 and probably doesn't even want to play for this team ffs. We should be honored with the way he played today.

4 games, 1 goal (on penalty), zero assist, a barely good half played. This season not even numbers will save him, this is gonna be a disaster season for him.

Why would he care? He's the first to know it's going to be a disaster. Stupid young players who commit useless fouls or keep the ball instead of passing to him, brainless Dembele or choker Griezmann.
Maybe he'll find hope in Sergi Roberto.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Why would he care? He's the first to know it's going to be a disaster. Stupid young players who commit useless fouls or keep the ball instead of passing to him, brainless Dembele or choker Griezmann.
Maybe he'll find hope in Sergi Roberto.

Imagine thinking that is a problem :lol:. If anything we are still passing too much to him in sterile areas.

FinBarcelonafan

He is going to finish under 20 goals this season(LaLiga). His finishing been off for the past six months.

Suarez might actually outscore him in LaLiga.

Mitchell1978

If he was scoring for fun in LL between 08-15 and put up no shows in CL between 08-15, absolutely no one would care about him as an all time great and he?d be an Ibra. He became a legend because of CL performances and performances v RM

Why is it so hard to understand that CL KO performances are worth more than LL performances because the level of competition is higher with the former. You should ignore me on Messi posts if you?re going to lose your blood pressure to criticism and make laughable claims that those blowouts v Roma, Juve etc helped his reputation. Talk about deluded.

I will continue to criticise you here if keep on dismissing those season's overall performances based on one game.

2016-17 (54 goals, golden shoe, 500e goal against RM at the Bernabeu), 2017-18 (leading La Liga in every offensive statistical category, domestic double) and 2018-19 (51 goals, 19 assists, golden shoe, ballon d'or, probably his 3e best season etc) are indeed seasons that have, when judged overall, only added to his resume, career etc
Almost no other player has ever come close to that kind of performance over a full season like he did over those 3 seasons.

Last edited:

Richard.H

18/19 was his last "huurah" in terms of trying to will the team to win. I doubt he has enough to single handedly save Barca again. He is 33 ffs, give the lad a break.

fergus90

He's been underwhelming in overall performance since returning post-covid lets not kid ourselves. But he's 33 now and shouldn't be relied on heavily. 18/19 he was incredible and absolutely carried us. The supporting cast around him have massively declined in quality too.

serghei

Also, he needs to be careful if he goes to Premier League. He could be a disaster in England at the pace and intensity that is currently displayed there. I think 1 more year at Barca and moving to USA or retiring at 35 is ok.

fergus90

Also, he needs to be careful if he goes to Premier League. He could be a disaster in England at the pace and intensity that is currently displayed there. I think 1 more year at Barca and moving to USA or retiring at 35 is ok.

No chance he moves to the Premier League in my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans