Lionel Messi - v7

khaled_a_d

Because what he wants is hurting the team. Either he adapts to what the team needs, or he leaves. This "free role" where he tries to do what he wants and everyone has to pander to his whims and moods is terrible.

He wanted to leave, and he isn't capable of adapting. As you said because he has declined.
You don't tell a declining player to adapt at the age of 33, it is either the team adapt to his limitations or let him go

khaled_a_d

It's a team sport, but in the past he was able to take the ball and decide the match out of nowhere, like RM 2:0 in 2011 or 5:1 (was it 5:1?) against Arsenal.

Nowadays, he is a nonfactor in CL matches, just losing balls like a turnover machine and being easily dispossed due to weak stamina, slow pace and bad decisions (dribbles past 3 through the middle).

Yes, it's a team sport.
But his performances in big matches heavily declined.

And this season, he will reach Titanic levels of low and losing balls.

You want Messi out, think he hurts the team, that is fine.
But then you are mad on young players like Pedri and Trincao while making a thesis on why Dembele and Puig isn't good enough.
I hate to be the one who breaks the bad news for you, but we won't win anything when Messi leaves unless we start developing our own players.
This team is going in rebuilding phase, which means we will have to live with the growing pains of our youngsters, and trust me it will be painful.
If you want to squeeze the squad for wins, your best bet is to adjust to Messi and live with him winning you Liga games.
We can't have both, we are too late for it.

serghei

He wanted to leave, and he isn't capable of adapting. As you said because he has declined.
You don't tell a declining player to adapt at the age of 33, it is either the team adapt to his limitations or let him go

Well... if you're right, then in about 2-3 months he'll sign precontract with another team as he'll be in his last 6 months of his Barca contract. So, problem solved in a way that's the best for both parties.

Somehow I have a feeling he'll extend with Barca. That's really my problem. I don't want him to extend. That would be absolutely terrible.

serghei

Maybe he should have hired lawyers and not have relied on Bartomeu's word and his father to deal with the situation. It's not like he doesnt have the money for it.

I don't know. The whole affair looked fishy to me, was almost like a parody film.

khaled_a_d

Maybe he should have hired lawyers and not have relied on Bartomeu's word and his father to deal with the situation. It's not like he doesnt have the money for it.

Yeah, he was stupid in that regard.
Board didn't do better, they should have negotiated a sale and moved on.

JohnN

Who on their right mind would say that Messi hasn't declined at this stage?
That's not in question. The question is can this team win a game without Messi bailing us out (Celta last example)?

Xaviniesta

What bothers me:
1. When will Koeman rotate him for the first time?
2. And even worse, when will Messi get subbed off for the first time during a match?

And then:
3. How pissed will Messi be?

We used to laugh at CR7 for getting angry when he was being subbed.

Let's see if Messi will have more humble reactions.

Messi was way ahead of Kepa

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V1wdaVd1WjE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi was way ahead of Kepa

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V1wdaVd1WjE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was disrespectful as fuck, we lead 3-0 and have Real madrid as our next oppenent but Messi wants to play lol. Atleast Neymar said yes.

Givenchy

Any formation you want to play, Messi becomes a problem - this is why i was looking forward to see how Pep would of managed this version of him

vs midtable la liga clubs you can get away with walking around and ignoring tactical positioning but when it comes to Liverpool, Bayern and the CL we will get bummed again. its ridiculous how manager after manager let him get away with it. 'he plays where he wants' is a huge detriment to the team and now the magic is drying up its no longer something we should ignore

I'm surprised nobody told him to work on his stamina. Leo is no doubt a GOAT talented but that isn't gonna carry him in the latter stages of his career

Morten

Any formation you want to play, Messi becomes a problem - this is why i was looking forward to see how Pep would of managed this version of him

vs midtable la liga clubs you can get away with walking around and ignoring tactical positioning but when it comes to Liverpool, Bayern and the CL we will get bummed again. its ridiculous how manager after manager let him get away with it. 'he plays where he wants' is a huge detriment to the team and now the magic is drying up its no longer something we should ignore

I'm surprised nobody told him to work on his stamina. Leo is no doubt a GOAT talented but that isn't gonna carry him in the latter stages of his career

The same Liverpool team that conceded 7 to freakin Aston Villa? Bayern has been conceding for fun too.
Things aren`t as terrible as they may seem.

BBZ8800

its ridiculous how manager after manager let him get away with it. 'he plays where he wants'

I wrote before, my theory is that Messi is also egoistic, like anyone.
Plus, some people said that he is borderline authistic.

So, if he is really acting like a weird kid/manchild, you only have two options:
1. Do whatever he wants, and not make him mad
2. Make him mad and then he might leave, skip matches or who knows what

While he was the best in the world, coaches needed to listen to Messi.
Messi was bringing trophies, money, sponsors, billions of fans.

As long as he is still bringing millions of money and fans, nobody will be able to touch him.

He is probably like a genius-unpredictable weird kid.

No one knows what will happen if you make him mad and yet your money (and trophies in the past) rely mostly on him.

And then you get a situation where our coaches aren't even trying to sub him or tell him NOT to drop deep to a CM position.

If you make him mad, a coach will be sacked by Messi and Barca will lose money if Messi isn't playing.

Even worse: don't touch him, don't touch his friends (Neymar, Suarez), don't touch Catalan players (Busi, Pique, Alba, Roberto) due to politics and then you get: "It is what it is"

Maybe a poor EV wasn't that dumb at all.
It really: is what it is with these players.

Last edited:

serghei

I wrote before, my theory is that Messi is also egoistic, like anyone.
Plus, some people said that he is borderline authistic.

So, if he is really acting like a weird kid/manchild, you only have two options:
1. Do whatever he wants, and not make him mad
2. Make him mad and then he might leave, skip matches or who knows what

While he was the best in the world, coaches needed to listen to Messi.
Messi was bringing trophies, money, sponsors, billions of fans.

As long as he is still bringing millions of money and fans, nobody will be able to touch him.

He is probably like a genius-unpredictable weird kid.

No one knows what will happen if you make him mad and yet your money (and trophies in the past) rely mostly on him.

And then you get a situation where our coaches aren't even trying to sub him or tell him NOT to drop deep to a CM position.

If you make him mad, a coach will be sacked by Messi and Barca will lose money if Messi isn't playing.

Even worse: don't touch him, don't touch his friends (Neymar, Suarez), don't touch Catalan players (Busi, Pique, Alba, Roberto) due to politics and then you get: "It is what it is"

Maybe a poor EV wasn't that dumb at all.
It really: is what it is with these players.

Ease up a bit with all that money he brings. We're not Southampton. We've been one of the biggest and wealthiest clubs in the world prior to Messi showing up. Some of the best players in the history of the game wore our shirt at some point.

If the trophies dry out, fans will slowly turn on Messi. Some of them did already (read the comment sections of Sport and MD, local Barca fans are split on him already). Only his hard core fans remain loyal no matter what, but those are a lost cause anyway.

But I agree generally. The whole Messi cult in the last 5-6 years has gotten out of hand big time. This current board fucked up tremendously. It's very hard at this point to sort it out without cutting Messi from the team completely. Near impossible I'd say.

Last edited:

malvolio

forum de pussies having a field day in here :lol: fati still crying in his pillow about yesterday's inhumane treatment?

hold your horses haters, it's only monday. by wednesday i expect messi to be publicly hanged for all the misfortune and barren years he brought to this club.

the same club you leeches pretend to support, but for which(unlike messi) you never did anything.

fuck me, it's going to be a long season :tata:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
forum de pussies having a field day in here :lol: fati still crying in his pillow about yesterday's inhumane treatment?

hold your horses haters, it's only monday. by wednesday i expect messi to be publicly hanged for all the misfortune and barren years he brought to this club.

the same club you leeches pretend to support, but for which(unlike messi) you never did anything.

fuck me, it's going to be a long season :tata:

It is really bothering you innit? :lol: :lol:. Prepare yourself, the season is long. Plenty of time to watch Messi walk where he wants.

Home of Barca Fans