Ligue 1

Beast

The Observer
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DIARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Deserved goal ............allez Bordeaux

Beast

The Observer
Exodus for Benzema in particular.. with Lyon a PLC they need profit..

they will raid other Ligue 1 side in the summer .. plenty of great upcoming players that can replace him like Remy,Hoarau (sp ) .. etc

Guardian

Have to wonde what would become of this Lyon side if they didn't qualify for the CL/

Lyon has never been a big team even in France. They won 7 consecutive league titles but Bordeaux, Marseille, PSG, St Etienne and Nantes are far bigger teams imo.

Beast

The Observer
Lyon has never been a big team even in France. They won 7 consecutive league titles but Bordeaux, Marseille, PSG, St Etienne and Nantes are far bigger teams imo.

true , Lyon are a new big team.. Ligue 1 Chelsea if u want to call them

Warik

They aren't a big side historically, but they are now tbh. You don't win so many titles in a row without transitioning into a big club along the way. Like Beast says they are a profit team, hence why I asked the question of what would happen. They might sell the odd star, but I think the majority of their players will want CL football.

Beast

The Observer
the problem is none apart from Benzema followed by Toulalan and Lloris would interest any club.. don't think they will let Lloris go.. it's Benzema all the way this summer i have no doubt about it

Last edited:

Guardian

They aren't a big side historically, but they are now tbh. You don't win so many titles in a row without transitioning into a big club along the way. Like Beast says they are a profit team, hence why I asked the question of what would happen. They might sell the odd star, but I think the majority of their players will want CL football.

If teams like Marseille, Bordeaux and PSG were well managed, it would be very hard for Lyon. The big teams in France have been scouting Africa for years, they have big academia there and they always benefit from that. And basically they have a larger fan base than Lyon.
Lyon are rich, they always can buy Gomis from St Etienne or Obraniak and Bastos from Lille, Gignac or Didot from Toulouse...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
ok, I caught some of it while on my way out. Bordeaux seems to be playing through the flanks..

Home of Barca Fans