Liga | Round 24: Atlético de Madrid vs. FC Barcelona 1-2

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know about you guys but this match increasingly feels like a final for me.
Atletico feels hard done for our Copa tie (for whatever reason) and will surely give their all. Sunday can't come soon enough.

F

FlaFCB

Don't know about you guys but this match increasingly feels like a final for me.
Atletico feels hard done for our Copa tie (for whatever reason) and will surely give their all. Sunday can't come soon enough.

It is a final for me too. I think this game will be a good indicator if the team will react or not. If they play like vs leganes, then it's hopeless.

TrueCule

We usually react well against big teams like Atletico and react bad versus teams like Leganes. Our players will be maximally motivated and eager to prove that they are still the best. We have had a full week of rest while Atleti had to play the CL in the midweek, so our legs will be more fresh and less tired. I'm feeling optimistic about our chances and I feel that we will win this match. If we win this match, we can turn the season around in our favor on all fronts.

Last edited:

Galning

Usually, but not this season. We have been pretty horrible against most good teams.

Agree with Bojan and Flavia, this is a final. If we don't perform well now it's over.

Altomonte

Against Leganes we had only one Spanish (Catalan) player on the field. On Sunday we will have our solid core back (except the still injured Mascherano?), that will make a huge difference.
With Piqué, Alba, Busquets and Iniesta + MSN there is a good chance that the old Barça spirit will be back. Sergio Roberto will also pick up his game and Umtiti will calm down again.
Visca Barça!

Horatio

You're welcome
Heard this is the last game to be played in Vicente Calderon. Add to that that it's going to be Simeone's 300th game as coach for Atletico. Not working in our favour.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

So it's inevitable that Gomes starts this match?? If Atleti press (and they will) its going to be like the copa matches. We can win this one. If the players come out flat then I want Luchos head.

gatsu

Terstegen
Roberto.pique.umitti.alba
Busquets
Gomez.iniesta
Messi.suarez.neymar.

Atletico will apply a lot of intensity at the beginning. They will score the first goal and then proced with lethal counters.
Our midfield will be non existent. Messi shut down by the usual 3, 4 watchdogs. Neymar in full solo mode and suarez will struggle to complete a simple pass. In the end it will be a trashing.

Here you dont need to watch the game.

F

FlaFCB

Squad for the game: Squad: Ter Stegen, Cillessen, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio, Denis Suárez, A. Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Neymar Jr, Rafinha, Alcácer, Jordi Alba, Digne, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Umtiti and Mathieu.

Arda still out.

ronniecro

after that horror show against leganes i'm not expecting win against much stronger side like atletico
this is such an important game since madrid lost midweek,i hope players will get a bit of extra motivation because of that to win tomorrow

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Squad for the game: Squad: Ter Stegen, Cillessen, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio, Denis Suárez, A. Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Neymar Jr, Rafinha, Alcácer, Jordi Alba, Digne, Sergi Roberto, André Gomes, Umtiti and Mathieu.

Arda still out.

I don't get why he even includes Paco in squad. He practically never uses him as sub.

Home of Barca Fans