Liga Round 11: Barca - Real 1-2

Birdy

Cancelo- Araujo -Christensen-Inigo-Balde
Gündogan-Gavi
Fermin
Torres-Felix

its time to cook

Good call. I would go for the same XI. It will look more like this on the pitch:

F9YoMyKWsAAIv72

Starting any of the injured ones like FDJ/Lewy/Raph would be suicidical for both their health and what you can get from them after just having started training. Impact subs towards the end of the game at best.

Then, Yamal is not ready to start this game given his last performances. Fermin deserves the spot.

Then, Araujo at RB should be locked against Vini, any other selection gives them a clear advantage there.

Finally, Ancelotti's obsolete 4-diamond-2 system suffers against wing-backs like we saw in their loss to Atleti. Cancelo and Balde can roast them on both flanks.

PS: In any case we are still the outsiders given the state of both teams right now, but this is our best bet

JohnN

I don't think the team has been really tested yet. We have dropped a level from last season in defense and are missing at least 3 starters. I haven't seem RM though, they might be crap.
Our main issues are counters and Romeu of course. Their main threat is Vini so we can't use cancelo as we normally would.

Zidane82

I don't think the team has been really tested yet. We have dropped a level from last season in defense and are missing at least 3 starters. I haven't seem RM though, they might be crap.
Our main issues are counters and Romeu of course. Their main threat is Vini so we can't use cancelo as we normally would.
Their main threat is now Bellingham !!

11 GOOD goals and 3 assists in his first 12 games. Supposedly the best start in the club’s history and he’s just turned 20

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Good call. I would go for the same XI. It will look more like this on the pitch:

F9YoMyKWsAAIv72

Starting any of the injured ones like FDJ/Lewy/Raph would be suicidical for both their health and what you can get from them after just having started training. Impact subs towards the end of the game at best.

Then, Yamal is not ready to start this game given his last performances. Fermin deserves the spot.

Then, Araujo at RB should be locked against Vini, any other selection gives them a clear advantage there.

Finally, Ancelotti's obsolete 4-diamond-2 system suffers against wing-backs like we saw in their loss to Atleti. Cancelo and Balde can roast them on both flanks.

PS: In any case we are still the outsiders given the state of both teams right now, but this is our best bet

Agree

the most important thing is that Vini wont play (only) against Cancelo on the right, he would cook him and considering Cancelo loves to go forward a 4 men defence would be the death :stretcher:

El Gato

Villarato!
Birdy at it again

Diamond doesn't suffer vs wingbacks, it suffers vs setups with two wide players each flank who stretch the centre and then we were also missing our 2nd best player in Carvajal + Fran getting over stage fright
The 'obsolete diamond' created more chances for a strikerless team than Barca's top notch approach

Pipe down

Home of Barca Fans