Liga l Round 8: FC Barcelona - Deportivo de La Coruña 4-0

Messi983

only digne is playing out of position in 3-4-3 the rest can handle it. Playing Vidal is like playing with 10 men and we have seen it already this season. Mathieu is shit too but atleast he brings height and can possibly score a lucky header from a setpiece.

Disagree.

Masche, Pique and Mathieu are not used to play in 3-back defense, because they have different responsibilities, movements,... as if they play as CBs in 4-3-3. We've seen how uncomfortable they were under a presure against Leganes (Umtiti started that game instead of Mathieu so it could be even worse today), especially in first 15-20 minutes of that game. But we won 5-1 because of MSN individual brilliance and Lucho probably thought that 3-4-3 system worked well. I still don't think it does. Yes, we play at home today but looking at that lineup I wouldn't be surprised if Depor would also pressure high at the start of the game and try to capitalise on our mistakes.

El Flaco

Mathieu at CB has been a total nightmare. Mathieu at LB has historically been even worse. Fun fact, Deportivo is the game Mathieu single handedly costed us last season, also playing from LB, and that was when he was younger and still had his meniscus.

I think it's unfair to scapegoat Marlboro for our draw against Depor last season.

Mascherano, Pique and Busquets are responsable for that as well.

Devils

The defence looks atrocious.

Why can't we use Palencia/Nili as RB and then have Pique/Masch/Digne? It sends out a terrible message to the kids that we would rather try mad experiments than give them an opportunity.

Serious questions will need to be asked if we drop points today.

God Serena

I think it's unfair to scapegoat Marlboro for our draw against Depor last season.

Mascherano, Pique and Busquets are responsable for that as well.

He made two massive mistakes that both led to goals when we already had a 2 goal lead. No scapegoating here.

ini4ever

So fucked-up Mathiue here as lb, not-in form Masche and a left-footed-inexperienced rb, well ... let's see what we're gonna see then.

edit : Never mind line-up is 3-5-2 but i still hope Mathiue and Masche dont flop this time again.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

OMG Suarez... wtf did you misssss???

P.S. Special thanks to my wife which moved lunch early so "blaugrana can be served" at TV :)

Devils

I thought we played well the first half.

Obvious lack of fluidity with the formation but we kept Depor under control for the entire time.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Deportivo got absolutely nothing to offer going forward. No threat at all.

Great 1st half. After being bad for most of it, Suarez finally woke up at the end. Though, I really hope he didn't punch that player like it seemed on the replay.

Home of Barca Fans