Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi's replacement

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Coaches at clubs like Barca dont survive a poor season after multiple European failures etc with reasoning being 'for all we know it could improve next season'.

Doesnt work like that.

Multiple European failures is a stretch lol :lol: (he basically had a group exit in CL in death group with Bayern and CL finalist and narrowly lost tie with United having multiple injuries to key players), but ignoring that...

We have a bad season on display. I think it's fair to say we won't be getting deep into CL semis or something like that, and the league title is done. So this is a bad season by any standards.

So, all it adds up to... in the end... is that a Barca manager, managing this team, can't survive a bad season. ESPECIALLY after already proving himself in the previous season and winning a big title.

I think that is a major club problem for our current position.

serghei

I will happily be proven wrong and could wish nothing else for Barcelona but to see this club winning big titles upon big titles starting with next season under a new manager.

I would happily take a league title in the next 2 seasons under Flick or whoever it may be. I just want for people in this forum that spent 1-2 years saying how bad the league is and how great the Barca squad is to follow through. Own up to it. Don't change tune as soon as Xavi is gone.

JamDav1982

Multiple European failures is a stretch lol :lol: (he basically had a group exit in CL in death group with Bayern and CL finalist and narrowly lost tie with United having multiple injuries to key players), but ignoring that...

We have a bad season on display. I think it's fair to say we won't be getting deep into CL semis or something like that, and the league title is done. So this is a bad season by any standards.

So, all it adds up to... in the end... is that a Barca manager, managing this team, can't survive a bad season. ESPECIALLY after already proving himself in the previous season and winning a big title.

I think that is a major club problem for our current position.

Not really.. failed to beat Benfica in first season to go through.. not all his fault or even mostly but failed that chance.. then knocked out by Frankfurt in embarrasing fashion.

Then goes out in CL group and then first tie in EL.. only beating Plzn that year.

This year remains to be seen but if another embarrasement it is more of what couldnt come back from. So far only just finished top of a group that should be cantering.

In what way should pressure be dialed back on Xavi? Pressure from who?

Again... it is Xavi himself who said there needs to be change. He is saying that as a fan.

serghei

:lol: Not this smelly old horseshit again. In his first season, he was brought while the team was in 9th place in La Liga. We've been over this. The team was pedestrian that season. It's been covered on hundreds of posts already and you still haven't gotten it.

Klopp got dicked by Sevilla in his first season at Liverpool. He finished like 7th place or something. The examples are numerous.

When you take over a team in a deep state of distress, you can't perform miracles with it instantly.

JamDav1982

In the first season he took over in 9th before league had settled and had likes of Pedr/Dembele missing.

They had a game in hand over the others and were only few points behind likes of Atletico.

Again the mental gymnastics that Xavi gets praise for taking team from 9th to 2nd but when it comes to the mighty Frankfurt it all gets pointed back to 9th.. when had injuries and didnt spend in January.

Barca had far better squad than Frnakfurt. To lose home and away in way did was shameful and another failure.

Klopp is irrelevant.... no one points to that and makes excuses for him.. he doesnt need it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Conceição would actually be a disastrous hiring. That guy is destined for like Al-Ettifaq or Nottingham Forest.
Unless of course they have agreed a contract with Klopp from 2025 and he has fully committed. Then you can hire a guy who you will fire after a year anyway.

Birdy

It's funny so many here insult coaches that have shown serious work, and yet the same people were willing to swallow the blue bill with Xavi who was the one whose work called for clubs of the size of Al-Ettifaq

And, if you are not braindead like Malvolio, you would understand that you never compare someone winning the Sextuple with exhilarating football to someone shithousing his way to a CL that should have never been won with shitty football

PS: I happen to have good memory: I remember very well the afternoon before the 2-8 various current Flick doubters that were then pushing the line 'Bayern is overhyped' 'Barca can eliminate them' etc etc
Then, reality slapped them in the face really hard

Last edited:

BJJ

It's funny so many here insult coaches that have shown serious work, and yet the same people were willing to swallow the blue bill with Xavi who was the one whose work called for clubs of the size of Al-Ettifaq

And, if you are not braindead like Malvolio, you would understand that you never compare someone winning the Sextuple with exhilarating football to someone shithousing his way to a CL that should have never been won with shitty football

PS: I happen to have good memory: I remember very well the afternoon before the 2-8 various current Flick doubters that were then pushing the line 'Bayern is overhyped' 'Barca can eliminate them' etc etc
Then, reality slapped them in the face really hard
Post is pure gold. Well said!

BJJ

The funny thing about that match is that I predicted Bayern might hit seven. They hit eight 😆

BJJ

:lol: Not this smelly old horseshit again. In his first season, he was brought while the team was in 9th place in La Liga. We've been over this. The team was pedestrian that season. It's been covered on hundreds of posts already and you still haven't gotten it.

Klopp got dicked by Sevilla in his first season at Liverpool. He finished like 7th place or something. The examples are numerous.

When you take over a team in a deep state of distress, you can't perform miracles with it instantly.
Liverpool actually reached the final and lost to a very, very good Sevilla team. And that was just FIRST SEASON.
If anything we were the ones who got dicked by Eintracht at HOME.
Serghei just can't let go of his man crush Xavi.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

My top 4
Flick and Tuchel
Emery
Naglesmann

Would love to hear from others. Especially those badmouthing Flick.

Looks nice and i would agree but Tuchel and Nagelsmann are unrealistic, doubt also Emery will leave Aston Villa. So only Flicki is available.

By the way i checked xG of the 2-3 match which he lost in his second cl season against Bayern. It was 4.14 (Bayern) against 1.54 (PSG) lol @Birdy

as said under him Bayern played the best football since Heynckes / (Pep in 15/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans