Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Conceição

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Márquez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
When was the last time we had someone who didn't even speak Spanish?

Rijkaard?

Who will be his assistant? von Smallhausen?

MV5BNDNiYTA5YWItYzMyZC00ZWU4LTg3MzYtN2FkY2E0NWExOTUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzk5OTkyNDE@._V1_.jpg

serghei

Then maybe it's time for some of the players to learn English. I mean... English should be a given for most reasonably smart people these days.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The fuck does successful even mean? Xavi was close to a domestic treble in his first full season. How much more successful can a manager be on short term compared to that?

Success like that is hard to achieve on current conditions. It's not a slam dunk as some think.

Dude i just dont want to quake with fear every time when we play against Valencia, Granada, Villareal , Almeria :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: BJJ

JamDav1982

Best thing would be for Xavi to stay for 1-2 more seasons and get Klopp or Pep next. Much better than some new guy that may or not may not succeed. Let Xavi with the youngsters, dial down the pressure, and get someone elite next.

Steady on.. they dont get to claim to be 'close to a domestic treble' as some achievement when get knocked out by Real in worst home defeat in decades.

serghei

Steady on.. they dont get to claim to be 'close to a domestic treble' as some achievement when get knocked out by Real in worst home defeat in decades.

Until you see that the return leg vs Madrid was plagued by injuries while Madrid had their best 11 available. Context matters my friend. Full team available and we win the domestic treble most likely.

Barca had the better of Madrid in 2022-23.

JamDav1982

Ah the old excuses... dont claim they were 'close to treble' when in fact lost to Real in worst defeat at home in decades.

Simple.

It was an embarrasing collapse in that game. Nothing to be heralded.

serghei

Ah the old excuses... dont claim they were 'close to treble' when in fact lost to Real in worst defeat at home in decades.

Simple.

OK, even without all these details, I'd happily take a dominant league title. You can toss everything aside, I'd settle with that. Heck, I'd settle with a 92-95 points 2nd placed finish if Madrid produce some outrageous league form and approach 100 points a la peak City or Liverpool.

JamDav1982

But it is irrelevant to why Xavis place has been under threat..

Who has said they 'wont take' that league win?

In what way should anyone 'dial back the pressure' on Xavi? He has been about the most protected Barca coach in recent times.

serghei

But it is irrelevant to why Xavis place has been under threat..

Nah it's not.

To better Xavi the new guy will have to first reach a big height, and maintain it in the following season. Xavi's big problem is that the team dropped form after winning the league in dominant fashion the previous season.

This is the only logical explanation for all the individual blunders this season. The players gave it all last season, and this season they are having a hard time keeping that level of focus and intensity.

It is like a reaction to last season. The team obviously overperformed last season, gave absolutely everything mentally and physically, and this season we are paying the price for that.

BJJ

Can't believe what I'm reading here. Flick as Barca manager :lol:

Who ever thinks this is ok needs to be fired immediately. That absolute bum is just a Di Matteo 2.0

Conceicao is another bum. So not much to choose between those two.
Guy who won sextuple is a bum? OK.
Who are your top 3 picks besides Pep and Klopp?

JamDav1982

Nah it's not.

To better Xavi the new guy will have to first reach a big height, and maintain it in the following season. Xavi's big problem is that the team dropped form after winning the league in dominant fashion the previous season.

This is the only logical explanation for all the individual blunders this season. The players gave it all last season, and this season they are having a hard time keeping that level of focus and intensity.

Yeah it is...

No one is saying he should go based on last season it is what has happened around that league win.. and Xavi himself has said he is not going due to the pressure but due to fact he thinks it needs to change.

Whether the next coach is 'better than Xavi' is irrelevant if he needs to go.

I would guess the next coach will face a better Real and not have money Xavi has had.

Despite how you try it has not been all 'individual blunders'.. the tactics of the team has been poor often also and some games got away with it.

Can just as easily claim the league last season was 'individuals' like MATS.

serghei

Whether the next coach is 'better than Xavi' is irrelevant if he needs to go.

I would guess the next coach will face a better Real and not have money Xavi has had.

Despite how you try it has not been all 'individual blunders'.. the tactics of the team has been poor often also and some games got away with it.

He only needs to go if he can't bring the team back up. The sample is too small as of yet for that to be conclusive. For all we know, the team could bounce back next season and get motivated again, minimize the errors and rack up a lot of points as it did last season.

Point is you can't make clear cut definitive conclusions after one bad season. Especially looking at this Barca team that is, let's face it, nothing special. And even more, especially considering that the season before the team won a big title with the same manager.

JamDav1982

He only needs to go if he can't bring the team back up. The sample is too small as of yet for that to be conclusive. For all we know, the team could bounce back next season and get motivated again, minimize the errors and rack up a lot of points as it did a last season.

He himself has said he has chosen to leave as team needs a change of coach and its not the pressure that made him take the decision.

Coaches at clubs like Barca dont survive a poor season after multiple European failures etc with reasoning being 'for all we know it could improve next season'.

Doesnt work like that.

Motivation hasnt been an issue. Players look plenty motivated.

The injuries.. medical team.. and tactical approach has looked off too often...

In what way should pressure be 'dialed back'?

Home of Barca Fans