Leon Goretzka

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Best players here tend to join Barça or Madrid.

So are Bayern really that bad? I mean we're doing what they did to BVB with Gotze and Lewandowski by trying to use Griezmann's buyout and sign him from a direct competitor.

I bet Atlético would prefer Griezmann going overseas.

Jombi

If Bayern had to resort to buying from abroad then chances are they will have to be forced to pay much higher prices and given how stingy Bayern is, they might just back off. So yeah, I think in that case the gap between Bayern and other German teams might not be as big as they are today.

Unlikely. They dont pay high prices from abroad either generally speaking. Are they "stingy" or are the running a business in a smart way? You are saying that all other German teams should export their best players to other countries, Bayern would not buy much and the gap would be smaller as a result? The whole league would suffer in that case, and I dont believe for a second it would be more popular with less stars in it. People want stars in the league. These arguments against Bayern seem tailor made for rich clubs in other countries to grab the remaining stars in Germany.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Best players here tend to join Barça or Madrid.

So are Bayern really that bad? I mean we're doing what they did to BVB with Gotze and Lewandowski by trying to use Griezmann's buyout and sign him from a direct competitor.

I bet Atlético would prefer Griezmann going overseas.

Yeah, not saying Bayern is bad, just pointing out they have this monopoly over talent that no other team enjoys, not even in other leagues perhaps.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, not saying Bayern is bad, just pointing out they have this monopoly over talent that no other team enjoys, not even in other leagues perhaps.

Which is not really their fault. In the mid 2000s when they were in a rut, they went back to the drawing board and got back to the top again while the likes of Schalke, Wolfsburg and Borussia Dortmund made a one year run only to fall apart. They didn't take care of the opportunity presented to them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Unlikely. They dont pay high prices from abroad either generally speaking. Are they "stingy" or are the running a business in a smart way? You are saying that all other German teams should export their best players to other countries, Bayern would not buy much and the gap would be smaller as a result? The whole league would suffer in that case, and I dont believe for a second it would be more popular with less stars in it. People want stars in the league. These arguments against Bayern seem tailor made for rich clubs in other countries to grab the remaining stars in Germany.

Yes they are smart but I wonder how many top players they will be able to get top players if they continue to refuse to accept the reality of crazy transfer prices nowadays. Some Bayern fans have already complained about Bayern board not coming to terms with it. Of course, they can always find talent if they have really good scouts (and it appears they do) and discover them from 2nd and even 3-tier teams when they are young and cheap.

Certainly Bundesliga needs more stars to gain broader appeals. But if Bayern ends up to be the only team hoarding the stars and always enjoys this lopsided advantage over other teams, I doubt it would help with Buli's appeal.

1993Kaan1993

Its why I despise Bayern. They always steal their competitirs players for free.
I dont get why these clubs are not more pissed of about it. Especially Dortmund always had this inferiority complex towards Bayern.

It should be simple. Position yourself as anti Bayern to challenge them.
Dont sell to them, if a players doesnt renew or leaves abroad before the final year he will be serving as s ball boy the rest of the year.

Thats what they should have done with Lewa as well but these idiots applauded him and were in awe that he went to the great Bayern despite being better than them at that point.

Ironically their league is turning into scotland 2.0, players are not properly challenged to push for cl come april so every season ends the boring same way. Win bundesliga in march, crash out in cl a month later, try again.

Thats what All teams do. Barca,Juventus. M.City and United did the same to Everton and Tottenham, Liverpool did to Sou.

1993Kaan1993

It is Bayern's own loss if Bundesliga continues to become less and less competitive. They won't be tested throughout the season and Bundesliga TV viewership from abroad will stagnate, if not going down and their share of TV revenue will probably stagnate.

In this case, it is probably because Goretzka himself wants to join Bayern, Schalke has no say whatsoever since his contract will expire in the summer. Again, most German players and talent want to join Bayern instead of going abroad. Bayern does enjoy a monopoly of German talent in terms of appeals more or less that no other German club can match.

it doesn't make sense for Bundesliga if he goes to BM or Barca or Liverpool. in all cases, this move weakened Schalke. Thats the matter.

Bundesliga will be more competitive with Rasenball Leipzig and Schalke in the coming future, Schalke has good board now and if they make Champions League, their money problem will be solved.

The same problem exist for every league. Spanish talents doesn't want to go to abroad, same goes for italians. in this case, we shouldn't focus on BM here alone.

l don't agree with you on Bundesliga. Bundesliga will be competitive because of the reason l said. Barca dominates La Liga like Bayern did. Now EPL is one team league as well because of Pep.

1993Kaan1993

Kicker is still more reliable for Bayern than BILD is. Kicker is generally reliable, BILD is hit and miss. And regardless of what's reliable or not, you still can't actually make pre contracts with players a year before, so it would be nothing but a verbal agreement that can be broken at any time without consequences except Hoeness being pissed.

How are you?

henias

He is just a typical physical fast box to box midfielder which we already pretty much have. I dont see how special he is and how he will upgrade our midfield in anyway besides being Gomes' replacement. I would rather have Arthur than this guy. He can stick to being Bayern's bench warmer for all he wants.

1993Kaan1993

M.City got De Bruyne and BM couldn't move because of Gotze. M.City came in the last days of the market and got him. There was no time to sell Gotze and create space for De Bruyne.

who lost? BM lost. Where is Wolfburrg?

l enjoy your endless selfishness and hypocrisy here. When Barca signs players from La Liga, For instance When Barca linked with Griezmann, nobody talked about La Liga here. Barca got Turan from A.Madrid and weakened their direct rival. D.Alves, Keita, Villa e.t.c. When BM or PSG signs players from their league, you start to think about Bundesliga or Ligue 1. Sorry guys. please grow up.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
it doesn't make sense for Bundesliga if he goes to BM or Barca or Liverpool. in all cases, this move weakened Schalke. Thats the matter.

Bundesliga will be more competitive with Rasenball Leipzig and Schalke in the coming future, Schalke has good board now and if they make Champions League, their money problem will be solved.

The same problem exist for every league. Spanish talents doesn't want to go to abroad, same goes for italians. in this case, we shouldn't focus on BM here alone.

l don't agree with you on Bundesliga. Bundesliga will be competitive because of the reason l said. Barca dominates La Liga like Bayern did. Now EPL is one team league as well because of Pep.

What's special about Schalke? I don't see it. Back in the 2000's people thought Leverkusen and Wolfsburg would surge ahead and compete with Bayern on a long time basis because of their corporate ownership and they were proven wrong. As to RB Lepzig, they do seem to have a very clear idea of what they want to do and they have an impressive armada of young talent so we will see.

Bundesliga today is not like La Liga or the EPL at all. In La Liga no Barca or Real Madrid fan would be confident to say they will win the league in any given season. The more so with EPL, with at least 5 top teams vying for the title each season. Bundesliga? Any bit of suspense, if there is any, at the start of the season will vaporize by the winter break and it will take something really extraordinary for Bayern to lose the league. Again not saying it is Bayern's fault, not at all, just pointing out the fact.

raskolnikov

M.City got De Bruyne and BM couldn't move because of Gotze. M.City came in the last days of the market and got him. There was no time to sell Gotze and create space for De Bruyne.

l enjoy your endless selfishness and hypocrisy here. When Barca signs players from La Liga, For instance When Barca linked with Griezmann, nobody talked about La Liga here. Barca got Turan from A.Madrid and weakened their direct rival. D.Alves, Keita, Villa e.t.c. When BM or PSG signs players from their league, you start to think about Bundesliga or Ligue 1. Sorry guys. please grow up.
You can try to justify ot all you want but truth is Bayern treats bundesliga like their academy. Its way different to France, Italy or Spain.
Bayern is intentionally making sure they stay the only big fish in the pond.
It ruins the league in the long run. Nobody cares about it since its boring as hell (like Scotland).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Not true, Bayern didn't get KdB because they did not want to pay the fee Wolfsburg wanted, not because of Goetze.

Not saying Bayern should be blamed for what they are doing, since all other big teams do it too. Again, just pointing out that Bayern enjoys a MONOPOLY over domestic talent that no other team enjoys (didn't we compete with Real Madrid for Theo Hernández's signature and we lost last summer? Neither do we or Real Madrid enjoy that kind of monopoly that Bayern has over top domestic talent. The same can be said of the English teams and the Italian teams, not sure about your PSG though) and to me it is as clear as day.

Home of Barca Fans