Lautaro Martinez

serghei

I'd get him. I feel he's just about to explode as a superstar. I'd sell Dembele and move for him asap.

Havesaks

Damn I already miss Suarez all tho he is still starting striker, I still hope he would accept a pay-cut, add some leadership-qualities and be a super-sub. He could be here for another 3 years and be a supporting character adding to our team spirit, and identity. His friendship with Messi gives me hope of such an development.

I'm sure he or messi won't stand in the way for a player like Martinez. But then our starting attacking line would be griez+Martinez and Messi as 10. Wouldn't a 3-5-2 make more sense? Roberto/ederson/wague and alba/firpo as wingbacks? Frenkie as a b2b/controller, Arthur controller and anti-pressure player Messi as the attacking 10 diamond and griezman and laturo as forwards? If that would be the case, I kinda like conte as a manager. Does he have a buyout-clause.

Andrew M

Damn I already miss Suarez all tho he is still starting striker, I still hope he would accept a pay-cut, add some leadership-qualities and be a super-sub. He could be here for another 3 years and be a supporting character adding to our team spirit, and identity. His friendship with Messi gives me hope of such an development.

I'm sure he or messi won't stand in the way for a player like Martinez. But then our starting attacking line would be griez+Martinez and Messi as 10. Wouldn't a 3-5-2 make more sense? Roberto/ederson/wague and alba/firpo as wingbacks? Frenkie as a b2b/controller, Arthur controller and anti-pressure player Messi as the attacking 10 diamond and griezman and laturo as forwards? If that would be the case, I kinda like conte as a manager. Does he have a buyout-clause.

Conte is shit in the CL

CatalinR10

Id take Pep back even if he sell Messi.

giphy.gif

Messigician

Pep is shit in cl. And 90 per cent of our fanbase would take him back in a heartbeat. I trust Conte more in cl then all the other managers we are linked with.

Pep shit in UCL?

2 times in 4 years for us, with 2 semi final defeats

3 consecutive semi finals for Bayern

2 quarter final exists with City.

And you gonna call that shit compared to Conte who is lucky to make it out of round of 16 LOL

Deluded posters on here smh

khaled_a_d

Griezmann and Messi shouldnt play centre forward though. Fati doesnt look like one either, no idea what you are seeing in him for that position. Hes a classic modern winger. Maybe in a few years if he bulks up enough and improves his holdup play, but probably not for the next few seasons.

That leaves Suarez for the centre forward spot and makes the rumours that we are looking for one very credible. Other than that "rebuilding" our defense sounds a bit too dramatic. We need 1 centreback at most (depending on the developement of Todibo, Araujo, Umtiti etc). For the midfield spot I would be very content with 1 decent physical midfielder.

That are three transfers with one very expensive one (Martinez). That sounds kind of possible if we get rid of Coutinho and maybe even Dembele. Would be nice to see Messi as a 2nd striker behind two mobile forwards (Lautaro, Griezmann) as well. Could be a good way to get Messi off the wings (hes abandoning anyway).

-Fati has been a hybrid no9/LW during his youth career. He isn't that fast for a winger and he really looks more and more like a number with mobility. He isn't a classic modern winger at all IMHO
-What do you exactly purpose for Messi and Griezmann to play? I didn't say they play center forward. I said "all play inside" which is true. The last thing we need is anther attacker who doesn't play on the wings. It is a recipe for disaster.
-One CB at most? For real? Pique is almost 33 and will be 34 by the time knockouts of next season CL starts. Alba will be 32 at same time Lenglet is acceptable starter at most but preferably 3rd option. Umtiti is ruined by injuries. Todibo and Araujo are few years away.
Alba has 2 more seasons at most as a starter, and we can't wait to replace him and Pique at same time, for luxury signings like Laturo. We need a starting caliber CB at least and may be one more if we sell Umtiti. Nowadays to get a world class CB will cost anything between 40-80M. That is already an expensive transfer out there.
-Midfield need a new 3rd starting player, with Vidal and Raki most likely to leave and the need to bench Busquets, again we aren't gonna find a bargain CM easily.

mc_lovin

-What do you exactly purpose for Messi and Griezmann to play? I didn't say they play center forward. I said "all play inside" which is true. The last thing we need is anther attacker who doesn't play on the wings. It is a recipe for disaster.

Griezmann and Messi will surely be starters for at least another year, no discussion. But Im pretty certain that every lineup with a centreforward is better than pairing them with a winger. Its Sophies choice.

-One CB at most? For real? Pique is almost 33 and will be 34 by the time knockouts of next season CL starts. Alba will be 32 at same time Lenglet is acceptable starter at most but preferably 3rd option. Umtiti is ruined by injuries. Todibo and Araujo are few years away.
Alba has 2 more seasons at most as a starter, and we can't wait to replace him and Pique at same time, for luxury signings like Laturo. We need a starting caliber CB at least and may be one more if we sell Umtiti. Nowadays to get a world class CB will cost anything between 40-80M. That is already an expensive transfer out there.

Im pretty sure we wont buy an Alba replacement this year. That leaves the CB position and I agree, we need one with starter quality. But we wont go for more than one. Thats not realistic. We cant rebuild our squad in 1 window.

-Midfield need a new 3rd starting player, with Vidal and Raki most likely to leave and the need to bench Busquets, again we aren't gonna find a bargain CM easily.

We wont find a 3rd midfield starter. There arent any obvious worldclass choices. I think its safe to assume that we are planning another season with Busquets and are looking for a squad player.

To Fati: hes not rapid fast like Dembele, but hopefully he has the required minimum to be a good winger. Otherwise I dont think he will make it here (unless hes getting a lot stronger physically). His movement/shielding of the ball doesnt scream '9' to me.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Pep is shit in cl. And 90 per cent of our fanbase would take him back in a heartbeat. I trust Conte more in cl then all the other managers we are linked with.

I'd take even Allegri over Conte. Conte cries too much.

And Pep isn't shit in the CL, just not particularly impressive without Messi et al. Doesn't mean he can't have a chance of winning again because at least he has experience of winning it.

Pep shits all over Conte in every way.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Holy shit. Conte over Pep in the CL, or in general really?

I've not seen a more clueless comment on this forum ever since I've been here.

KingLeo10

Holy shit. Conte over Pep in the CL, or in general really?

I've not seen a more clueless comment on this forum ever since I've been here.

He's a wind-up merchant, imo.

One has to be living in an alternate reality to make this statement after we just KOed Inter out of CL at San Siro with B side.

khaled_a_d

Im pretty sure we wont buy an Alba replacement this year. That leaves the CB position and I agree, we need one with starter quality. But we wont go for more than one. Thats not realistic. We cant rebuild our squad in 1 window.

We wont find a 3rd midfield starter. There arent any obvious worldclass choices. I think its safe to assume that we are planning another season with Busquets and are looking for a squad player.

-I think we will agree to disagree about the winger and Fati thing.

-I am not saying we will replace Alba next summer, butt we might need to look for a replacement in 2021. So we need to already have a Pique replacement in hand before then, instead of having to change half of our defense or more in 2021.

-We are already heavy linked to Fabian Ruiz and Havartez. I highly doubt we are planning another season with Busquets as a starter. I think the club will want to move FDJ to DM and get a new CM.

Home of Barca Fans