La Liga | Round 9: FC Barcelona - Real Betis 5-2

FinBarcelonafan

When you have Roberto, Lenglet, Busquets and Pique defending, you're pretty much guaranteed to concede goals.

Yes, this has become very obvious this season, heck even the Bayern game. Not even close enough quality. We need to replace all four if we want good defense.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I said the first week Setien took over than if he continued to put blind faith in the veterans it will cost him his job. I think the same applies to Koeman here. The sooner he realise that Busquets, Pique, Roberto aren’t up to it the better.

Can't blame him too much with Pique , since Lenglet is usually worse than him and Barca barely have any depth in the CB department. Inexcusable when it comes to Busquets though.

JohnN

It's funny how we keep getting exposed in the back ( against betis now mind you, not Bayern) without having two grandpa forwards not defending but with a disciplined shape and everyone running and all that jazz. I guess they weren't the problem after all. Go figure.. it might be our atrocious dms and defenders that is the problem. That's so hard to figure out I guess..

Vilarrubi

Roberto, Pique, Lenglet and Busi are all clowns. Any half decent or athletic team we play now can get the better of them with ease.

FinBarcelonafan

Also pique has been horrendous as usual. But this is nothing new. He's horrendous each and every game. Some games it is visible some games its less visible. However, on that goal, wtf is lengket doing?

Lenglet is screwed because Pique left him two players inside the box, then he ends up taking none of them. Pique fucked him good there.

serghei

If the veterans are that crap, even more reason to play the likes of Puig, Araujo every game. Fuck it, go full youngster mode and stop being so damn stubborn.

FinBarcelonafan

It's funny how we keep getting exposed in the back ( against betis now mind you, not Bayern) without having two grandpa forwards not defending but with a disciplined shape and everyone running and all that jazz. I guess they weren't the problem after all. Go figure.. it might be our atrocious dms and defenders that is the problem. That's so hard to figure out I guess..

Good point. This is on defensemen now.

serghei

Lol. There is more than one problem with the way we are defending. Nobody said it was one or the other, except you.

Home of Barca Fans