La Liga Round 5: Barca - Real Betis 5-0

Loki

Starting 11 IMHO

........................Ter stegen
Cancelo....Araujo...Christensen....Balde
......Gavi..........De Jong.......Pedri
.Raphinha....Lewandowski...Felix

A starting 11 without Gundogan isn't going to happen and for good reason. He is still absolutely class.

serghei

Starting 11 IMHO

........................Ter stegen
Cancelo....Araujo...Christensen....Balde
......Gavi..........De Jong.......Pedri
.Raphinha....Lewandowski...Felix

This.

Lamal, Gundogan, Felix, Kounde, even Torres (for now) as options that can start at any time as well on current form.

Come to think of it, I'd probably start Gundogan and make it Gavi vs Pedri for the 3rd spot, with Gavi having an edge due to his profile. That's the only difference I'd make compared to your formation. I think Gundogan is a superior playmaker to Pedri atm.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Xavi will rotate so much for next while the strongest starting eleven will probably only be targetted for Porto away then Classico after the break.

Currently I would guess he would have Lamine strongest eleven and rotate his time around that. From there on right would be between Ferran and Raphinha with Ferran having started season better but he could also give rest minutes to Lewa so both could play at same time.

If he picked his strongest 11 now he would still have four mids and Gavi AML would think,

There is zero chance he doesnt have Pedri in his strongest 11 when fit.

serghei

Doubt Lamine gets a start in the clasico. The pressure in that game would be through the roof. My guess is Raphinha is gonna be our right wing starter in big games, but Lamal is gonna still get plenty of minutes. That is ideal scenario for me. Torres is weakest of the bunch, but could get in also as Lewa needs more rest. Rotating Lewandowski more is something Xavi has to do for me.

Selling Torres in the summer after he has a hopefully good season is best course of action. Basically upgrade him with Roque.

JamDav1982

Dont agree Raphinha would be starter if Classico now.

Ferran has been better v Real than Raphinha has and Lamal I think would be starter ahead of both at RW.

Home of Barca Fans