La Liga Round 5: Barca - Real Betis 5-0

Horatio

You're welcome
Best performance since god knows when...Betis were atrocious though.

Since Betis last season. I remember we looked wc and people said to curb excitement since betis were awful. Today they were awful as well but we are a better team.

jamrock

Good game for the confidence, I don't think any of the goals after 2-0 would have gone in against a better keeper.

But you need these type of victories.

BerkeleyBernie

I'm glad this is proving true, in the first game where the Joaos started.

Remains to be seen how we fare against ultra-defensive teams that play 5 or 6 on the back line. I believe Barca now has the quality to break those down.

Disappointing, but honestly, he's had a sub-par team up until a few weeks ago. It's amazing he was able to win La Liga with the pedestrian squad he was handed and with Barca financial resources in the tank. Best defensive record might be boring as hell but it won; you can't argue that.

I'm hoping we'll finally start to see some attractive football now that we have a few more dynamic/creative squad members. Ultimately, that's going to require getting FdJ to stop dwelling on the ball and get it to creative players more quickly; if he can't learn to do that, he'll need to be benched and used like Pep used Keita, to hold leads and kill off games.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I'm glad this is proving true, in the first game where the Joaos started.

Remains to be seen how we fare against ultra-defensive teams that play 5 or 6 on the back line. I believe Barca now has the quality to break those down.

Nah you were bang wrong about Frenkie. He is very far away from being a problem

Neeraj

Great game against opposition that were horrendous. We need these games to build confidence. Doesn't reflect our level or no signs for our season to be read from here imo. Let's see how we come up against food European teams.

FinBarcelonafan

Great game against opposition that were horrendous. We need these games to build confidence. Doesn't reflect our level or no signs for our season to be read from here imo. Let's see how we come up against food European teams.

True. Finally we got the big win. Fans are happy and I am sure players are. Now on Tuesday let's repeat this..

gasgas

Starting 11 IMHO

........................Ter stegen
Cancelo....Araujo...Christensen....Balde
......Gavi..........De Jong.......Pedri
.Raphinha....Lewandowski...Felix

jamrock

Starting 11 IMHO

........................Ter stegen
Cancelo....Araujo...Christensen....Balde
......Gavi..........De Jong.......Pedri
.Raphinha....Lewandowski...Felix

We will only see 4-3-3 in winnable home games and easy away games I think.

Thats the Midfield, we were building to, but too many struggle to play in the 4-3-3, gundogan will start.

Our core rotation will be those guys plus

Oriol
Gundogan
Kounde
Yamal

Torres if he doesn't return to his old self, which will happen

Home of Barca Fans