La Liga Round 5: Barca - Real Betis 5-0

Porque

Bob shouldn't be anywhere near the 11 even with these missing players. Not with his shocking form so far.

If he wants to be captain, I'll buy him a megaphone.

mc_lovin

I am really in love with our squad. Plenty of options. I really don’t care who will play at the moment.

Felix, Cancelo, Romeu and Balde are arguably the most rested. You can pretty much pick the rest at random.

JamDav1982

There is just no chance Xavi rests Lewandowski.

Most will get is him coming off in some of these games 20/30 minutes from end if ahead.

My guess is he may look to rest Lamine and start with Ferran RW and Lewa CF.

Midfield of Romeu, FDJ, Gavi and Felix.. then defence picks itself.

Andresito

Staff member
Rumours that Inigo might start in defence. Don't see any other FB pairing than Balde + Cancelo.

serghei

Raphinha is built differently than our other players. He's probably no1 athlete in the team atm.

serghei

Genuinely, what do you see in Raphinha other than workrate? Did you see him trying to run with the ball?

His end product is good. 1 goal or assist per 112 mins last season or so I've calculated. Don't think there are players with better direct contributions per minutes played. Maybe Lewa and that's it. And many of those goals and assists led directly to important points and implicitly to a league title.

Please note that Barca had issues scoring goals, so him being involved in so many key goals in last year's campaign was very important.

He is not a flashy player, but he is effective. Or, at least, more effective than all of our other players in attack bar Lewa.

JamDav1982

His output in the league for goals/assists was worse than Fatis in terms of minutes.

Only goals/assist in CL v Plzn with a couple and a couple goals v no marks in Spanish Cup and nothing v Real etc.

Even games v likes of Man Utd at home stats look decent.. assist from a corner than a goal from a cross that went straight in but reality is he was poor in those two games also.

serghei

On the contrary, how can everyone hate on the guy that was our 2nd best contributor last season in offense based on cold data? :lol: Seems illogical to me. Upgrade him? Sure, I'd love to get a better player, but think it's not possible for now.

Maybe Lamal is gonna explode and provide more despite his very young age? Maybe. Let's see.

Home of Barca Fans