• Villarreal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Sociedad

• Other

• Total voters

FC433

It's about the same as the yellow line in the image I posted. Benzema is slightly more advanced no matter what reference point you take (the ball - back pass theory, or Betis player). As long as you don't cheat with the line like they did. Which makes me suspicious, because they happened to make an error in the one way you can make Benzema seem on.

Now looking at how they judged this goal, I'm not even sore Jovic was on at the red card incident. Maybe they cooked something there too, make it 3 out of 3. :lol:.

Praise the Lord. :worthy: He did it!!!

Can we try a confession for that clear offensive foul at the third goal, now that you're in a confessional mood?

This: https://twitter.com/Naijafootball2/status/1309968961270878210?s=20 ?

and there is also this: https://twitter.com/BarcaLive24_7/status/1309987243596054529?s=20

serghei

Oh I will. The moment you show me where the push occurs and back up the claim to the contrary with data.

Amazing how you don't even realise when you're making a clown out of yourself.

Sorry man, it takes way too much work to get that from you. I like when you admit you were wrong, but it's just not worth it. Have a good night.

El Gato

Villarato!
Sorry man, it takes way too much work to get that from you. I like when you admit you were wrong, but it's just not worth it. Have a good night.

:lol:

Too much.

Providing data to back up his otherwise baseless claim is too much.

And he thinks he's a serious poster

FC433

^
from that angle, yes, I believe. But I really do not know, I am not an expert on such matters.

serghei

^
from that angle, yes, I believe. But I really do not know, I am not an expert on such matters.

The way I see it is this. With the action broke down.

foul0.jpg

Phase 1. This is a 50-50 duel imo, with no clear answer on who has gained access on the ball. Each player is trying to use his body, but even at this stage it can be given as foul because the elbow of the Madrid player is planted in the face of the defender. But let's say this is a manly duel on the ball and you let play go on.

foul1.jpg

Phase 2. Somehow, even though he uses his elbow, Mayoral lost access on the ball, and now the Betis player has a good portion of his body in front of Mayoral. This is simple to see because the hand that was blocking the Betis player is now behind the Betis player. So, the defender's position has improved compared with the 50-50 duel from above. Mayoral at this point can't get to the ball without fouling the Betis player, who, I have to admit, is not perfectly in line on the ball either (which makes the situation tough to call), but is the one closer to the ball at this point. If he had a better position, the foul would've been stonewall. It is still a foul though.

It can't be argued this is a shoulder to shoulder. This is a push from behind. In the circle, Mayoral uses his hand to further push the Betis player, who doesn't need much at this point to lose his balance, since he is going diagonally to cut Mayoral's path - which he succeeded for a moment, until he is fouled.

foul-2.jpg

Phase 3. Not only does Mayoral push the defender and causes him to fall and lose balance, but he tries to hit through him. He basically try to shoot through the Betis player.

This is my view of this action. You either give a foul, or you give no foul, but no hand ball either. Simply because it is the contact with the Madrid player that causes the player to hit the ball with upper arm.

You can't give a penalty for a handball that happens after a contact with an opponent. It's crazy. If Mayoral doesn't go into him, Betis player has no reason to go down, so he doesn't touch the ball with his hand.

Last edited:

serghei

Mayoral lost the position on the ball the moment he allowed the Betis player to place his body between him and the ball. From this moment it becomes a foul. Or you let the play go on, because it's an accidental hand ball generated from an illegal contact with an opponent.

FinBarcelonafan

Another Real win and another scandal. Classic LaLiga. Seriously they need to fix this fucking VAR, nobody can take this league seriously, if the Real gets all the calls. LaLiga looks shit in this.

FC B

It's baffling how Madrid kept it's way of winning with VAR similar to what was before that system was implemented. Luckily they haven't been able to do so with the VAR in CL, YET....

TrueCule

Look, they have to help RM, otherwise they're going to be more than 10 points behind us after a half a season already. :lol:
I think this season we'll cruise the league again just like in 2018.

Morten

At least we created a good amount of chances this game, the last game we did basically nothing the last 45.

Birdy

:worthy: to Pellegrini for speaking up and saying the bare truth.
Close calls always in favor of Madrid

Home of Barca Fans